Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light

2603 posts / 0 new
Last post
jamiebex
larry or anyone else that has

larry or anyone else that has the docs;

please send fix instructions ws-65513. wow and thanks in advance.

jamiebex(at)yahoo(.)co(m)

danbob
Hi,

Hi,

My WS-65813 started blinking this morning, can you please forward me the repair instructions?

Thank you!

tamnbubba4
please send me the service

please send me the service manual for 55513 mitz ws thanks pulling my hair out
[email protected]

Nelson156
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Another green-light victim! could i please have the repair instructions for ws-65513? [email protected]

Thank you so much in advance!

Carol

moni
I am having the same

I am having the same "Blinking green light problem" addressed earlier. Could you send me the directions to fix this. Thank you

[email protected]

moni
I have the same Blinking

I have the same Blinking Green Light problem on my Mitsubishi ws65513. Can you send the directions for fixing it to [email protected]

Thanks

moni
I have the same Blinking

I have the same Blinking Green Light problem on my Mitsubishi ws65513. Can you send the directions for fixing it to [email protected]

Thanks

moni
Larry Dillon said: If you are

Larry Dillon said: If you are handy, and can solder, you may be able to save about 700 bucks if not more. There is a very common problem with these Mitsubishi TV sets. There is a digital board inside these puppies called the DM board. A lot of times there are four capacitors that go bad inside of these TV sets. Sometimes, depending on how bad the capacitors are, and if the capacitors did not blow out anything else on the Dm board, you can simply replace these four capacitors and this will fix your TV set. The average that this works on is about 65 to 70 % of the sets can be repaired with this fix. The others are power supply issues or the DM board has other issues. If you would like to attempt to repair your TV set, I will send you the instructions on how to do so.  If you do not know how to solder well, do not attempt to replace the capacitors yourself. Pay a pro to do this for you. After all you are already saving a bundle of cash. Leave an e-mail address, and I will forward you the fix with and without the light engine. And if the capacitors inside the board are not swollen on the tops, as the direction shows you what they look like, change the capcitors anyway. I have had a few that looked good but the capacitors were on their way out. Good Luck

I am having this same problem.  Can you email the directions to fix this.  [email protected]

Thanks

David

moni
Larry Dillon said: If you are

Larry Dillon said: If you are handy, and can solder, you may be able to save about 700 bucks if not more. There is a very common problem with these Mitsubishi TV sets. There is a digital board inside these puppies called the DM board. A lot of times there are four capacitors that go bad inside of these TV sets. Sometimes, depending on how bad the capacitors are, and if the capacitors did not blow out anything else on the Dm board, you can simply replace these four capacitors and this will fix your TV set. The average that this works on is about 65 to 70 % of the sets can be repaired with this fix. The others are power supply issues or the DM board has other issues. If you would like to attempt to repair your TV set, I will send you the instructions on how to do so.  If you do not know how to solder well, do not attempt to replace the capacitors yourself. Pay a pro to do this for you. After all you are already saving a bundle of cash. Leave an e-mail address, and I will forward you the fix with and without the light engine. And if the capacitors inside the board are not swollen on the tops, as the direction shows you what they look like, change the capcitors anyway. I have had a few that looked good but the capacitors were on their way out. Good Luck

I am having this same problem.  Can you email the directions to fix this.  [email protected]

Thanks

David

SpringMount
I to have the blinking light

I to have the blinking light problem and would appreciate the pictures and manual if you could send them to me I would really appreciate it. Thanks
[email protected]

SpringMount
I forgot to mention my Tv is

I forgot to mention my Tv is the WS 55513 Thanks again
[email protected]

violet019
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have a WS-65513 that would not turn on and had the blinking green light issue. After replacing the suggested four capacitors my TV was back to working condition. Unfortunately after using the TV only a couple of times it is back to having a wavy picture when I turn on the TV. This is what happened when my TV stopped working before. Do you have any other suggestions as to what may fix my problem? Thank you in advance. My email address is [email protected] if you need it.

Larry Dillon
wht capacitors did you use?

wht capacitors did you use? Where did you get them from?

violet019
Larry Dillon said: wht

Larry Dillon said: wht capacitors did you use? Where did you get them from?

Thank you for the quick reply.  These are the capacitors that I purchased: http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=EKMG160ELL102MJ16Svirtualkey66100000virtualkey661-EKMGG160ELL102MJ

John Ellis
Thank you to chris

Thank you to [email protected] for your solution and pics which showed step by step how to solve this problem by installing 4 new capacitors from Radio Shack. I gave it a try on my WS 73714 (purchased in 2004) and it worked. Total cost was $20 which included buying a soldering gun. The hardest part was getting the @#$% DM box out and then getting it back in such that it was properly plugged in on the bottom. That took several attempts over a few days. I actually took the box off and plugged it in without the metal box and it worked. A technician at the TV store told me about that as I was about to give up and just pay him to do it. He tested the my DM board (with the new caps I put on it) and it worked so I knew I was close. John Ellis, Atascadero, CA

BTO
Hi fellow mitsubishi victims!

Hi fellow mitsubishi victims!

Hi Larry:

I have a 65613; blinking light of course, the caps on the DM were bulged and tested bad once removed; I replaced with 105 degree C 16v 1000 uF caps, polarity correct, checked eight pico fuses on power board F9A 01 thru 08), all OK, still have blinking light but this time, there is an audible clicking from board to coincide with light blinking since replacing the caps.

Diode on DM board near caps tested OK.
On back of DM board, fuses F9B 00 thru 02 all test ok in place as well. What does the

Larry Dillon
did you make fo sur you

did you make fo sur you eseatd he dM board bck into th connetors on he botto corctly/ very common mistake folkd overlook as it is hard to see . Take off the case around the dM, and insert into the connectors, and if the light stops flashing in several seconds about, 70, unplug set and reinstall the case back aound the DM

HD
We have a Mitsubishi WS-65613

We have a Mitsubishi WS-65613 that is has the "green blinking light" issue. We called the repair shop and they said it was the "bulb," which they estimated the costs at around $2-300 to replace, if we do ourselves. I see several posting that you recommend replacing the 4 capacitors on the dm board. Please send me any information on how to repair this issue. Thank you! [email protected]

Larry Dillon
are you sure yo have the

are you sure yo have the right model numbr/, There is no bulb in this set, thre ar howevr th picure ube, but that does not cause the blinking light problem. I will send you the cap replacment instructions.

HD
Thanks Larry. We will give

Thanks Larry. We will give your instructions to replace the 4 capicators a shot and let you know.

BTO
WOW!!!!: & I thought for

WOW!!!!: & I thought for sure I had it seated before; it looked level, seated, screwed down into place; I started to worry I had botched the solder job but it looked really clean, even under magnifying glass: Reseated it without the metal sheild and it's ALIVE!!! Thanks a bunch!!! Now I can go get that electric guitar with the money I just was saved by your help! Good luck to all you others with your TV's

joeaksa
I made the same mistake then

I made the same mistake then Larry got me to re-seat the board and like you it worked.

Thanks,

Joe A

joeaksa
BTO said:

BTO said:
WOW!!!!: & I thought for sure I had it seated before; it looked level, seated, screwed down into place; I started to worry I had botched the solder job but it looked really clean, even under magnifying glass: Reseated it without the metal sheild and it's ALIVE!!! Thanks a bunch!!! Now I can go get that electric guitar with the money I just was saved by your help! Good luck to all you others with your TV's

Also, now would be a nice time to send a little something to Larry for his time and trouble!

Larry,
can you pls tell us your Pay Pal account name or how we can donate
something to you for your time and trouble? I need to do it as well for
your help.

Thanks,

Joe A

dc0011
Larry or anyone else,

Larry or anyone else,
I have a WS 65713 and have the same continuous blinking light issue. Is the fix the same as for the WS65613? If so, could you please send me or post the repair instructions for the fix? It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
[email protected]

Jason313
Laryy,

Laryy,
I have ws-55859 and same problem which keep blinking light. I can't control TV.
It just happened after power outage. Could you please sene me the procedure to repair? It will be really appreciated.
Thanks a lot.
[email protected]

Bunting
Larry - We have a WS73513 73"

Larry - We have a WS73513 73" and we having the dreaded green blinking light.  Can you send the repair instructions.  Please send to [email protected].  Thanks!

matt_missy05
Larry, I have a WS-65513 that

Larry, I have a WS-65513 that has the green flashing light. My husband wants to know if you could email us the information and where the best place to get the capacitors would be? Our email address is [email protected]. Thank you so much for your help.

matt_missy05
Larry,

Larry,

I have ws-65513 and same problem which keep blinking light. Could you please sene me the procedure to repair? It will be really appreciated.
Thanks a lot.

[email protected]

Nelson156
I seem to have a similiar

I seem to have a similiar problem with the green light constantly blinking. Can someone forward me the guide so I can have a crack at repairing it myself? Thanks. email is metafaim at hotmail com

Larry Dillon
I tried to send but mail came

I tried to send but mail came back as bad address, and yes I did change the at to at to@ do uo not know your e-mail?

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore