Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light

2603 posts / 0 new
Last post
KA5EOS
Larry I have the same

Larry I have the same problem with my ws48513 would you please send me info to [email protected]

Thanks
Bob

ronbo120
Larry, I also having the

Larry, I also having the blinking on my WS-55859. Would you please send me the procedure [email protected]

ebrown
Hello,

Hello,

Im hoping someone could possibly help me with the capacitor fix? My WS55909 has the blinking light curse. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. My email is: [email protected]

Thanks in advance,

Erick Brown

theguy2b
im having same issue, could

im having same issue, could you please send me the info also.

dizmoz
Larry I have the same problem

Larry I have the same problem as listed... replaced the capacitors and still flashing green light. Would you be willing to email instructions on ws-55613 mit.

thank you,

Justin
[email protected]

phil79stl
i am having the light flasing

i am having the light flasing prob on my 65 inch mitch could i get the fixing instructions

phil79stl
i would like the instructions

i would like the instructions for fixing the capasitors for my 65 inch mitsubishi

mrburns661
Greetings Larry (or anyone

Greetings Larry (or anyone who might be willing to forward the information if Larry's mouse finger is cramping up),

Add me to the list please. Model WS-65613. E-mail [email protected].

Thanks in advance.

wingtraveler
Yesterday I got an email

Yesterday I got an email reply from Mitsubishi when I complained about the short life of the set (3 years).  They said they couldn't help me via the internet and gave me the 1-800-332-2119 number to call for customer service.  I don't know if it will do any good for anybody else to call and see what they have to say but it won't do me any good.  I completely dismantled the TV and the whole thing is now in my garbage container waiting for the trash on Tuesday.  I now have room for the new Sony 52" LCD when it arrives this week.  I should at least call them to see what they have to say but I'm not really interested in any dealings with Mitsubishi anymore.  Maybe this will help someone else.

Ramrock
Hi Larry

Hi Larry

I have a WS 65511 I don't get rhe blinking light but when I turn It on the green light is solid for about 3 sec and then turns off. I changed the 7 caps, the old ones did not look bad but I changed them anyway. I still have the same problems the set just turns off. Could you please send me any info you can about the set.

Thanks
[email protected]

Ahr
Larry,

Larry,
I have a ws-65813 w/ the blinking green light, the tv seems to act up when it gets a little cold. Its fine if its above 70 degrees. My emails is [email protected], thank you very much!
Chad Ahr

sango5
could someone also send me

could someone also send me the information on how to fix the mitsubishi problem? thanks! [email protected]

melstom
Larry, The Green blinking

Larry, The Green blinking light of death has attacked me also. Could youplease emailme the fix

Dave w/ green blinky
I got the green blinking

I got the green blinking light last night after Hurrucane Ike made the power po out in Ohio. If you could send me the repair instructions, I would appreciate it.

MissingTheBigGame
Larry,

Larry,

I have a Mitsubishi WS-65869 projection screen TV with the same green blinking light of death. Please send me a copy of the service manual and the repair instructions to [email protected].

leonardomenardo
need the directions and part

need the directions and part no. for the cap. replacement. thank you

leonardomenardo
would like the instructions

would like the instructions and part no's for the cap. replacement. thank you

Ejaeger13
PLEASE CAN SOME ONE EMAIL ME

PLEASE CAN SOME ONE EMAIL ME THE MANUAL AND REPAIR KIT . . .

I HAVE BEEN SOOOOO BLESSED WITH THIS STUPID BLINKING LIGHT OF DEATH . . .

My newborn baby is going crazy without his baby Einsteins . . .

Can you email it to [email protected] attn: erin

Mortaar
Last week my Mitsu 65" went

Last week my Mitsu 65" went on the infamous blink so I got on line and found someone else's comment about having repaired his unit after receiving Larry's manual. He listed the caps so I went on line and ordered them while I waited for Larry to send the manual/directions. Well, the caps came in 5 days later and still no reply from Larry.... So of course I impatiently decided to see if I could solo it.....lol Well, after about 3 hours I had it torn down and put back together and watching Fox News...

The DM board is the big one standing on edge to the far left. It's in a metal shielded RF box. It has two screws in front and one on either side holding it in place. It slides straight up once you figure out the whole circuit board assembly is on a slide and you pull it out enough to clear the plastic guide over the top of it... You have to disconnect several wire connectors from the main board to allow slack as you slide it out though.... there must have been about 10 of them. I took pictures as I disassembled just in case I couldn't remember where they all went but they are fairly unique and the wires retained shape to help with repositioning. They're all labeled too....

I purchased the 25v caps which turned out to be almost too large. The original caps are 16v (at least in my unit). The comment below is what got me started....Thanks all!!!

Everybody, I did the cap swap on my WS-55613 and it couldn't have been any easier.  A simple swap and it cleared my problem up and I was enjoying CRYSTAL clear HD football all Sunday with my fiance and some Oktoberfests.  
 It was SO simple and I can NOT believe that TV repair people charge up to $700+ dollars for this repair.  The hardest part about it is the simple fear that you think it is harder than you think.
 Go buy 16V OR 25V 1000uf 105C caps at any store that sells capacitors.  DO NOT get the 85C, they MUST MUST MUST be high temp.  the 25V just work harder and better.  Like installing a supercharger in your engine.  
 Simple swap, you should practice first by taking off a cap off an old remote control or old electronic that is lying around, you will get the soldering iron down quick.  If not, GO TO A NEARBY FLEA MARKET, there are trades men EVERY where that will do it for next to nothing.  I did mine myself with the help of my brother.  
I installed them, swapped the tv on, and within 1 minute the blinking green light stopped blinking...and viola...crystal HD viewing.  Jon, you saved my bank account.
People, total cost:  $8.74 for all 4 caps and roughly 4 - 5 hours of time, with driving, breaks in between and actual soldering time.  

brian ayers
hey larry ,i have a ws 65819

hey larry ,i have a ws 65819 with the blinking light , could you possibly send me info on the dm board repair, i'm a retired tv service tech, and the last thing i want to do is pay someone to repair my set. any help would be greatly appreciated , thanks larry. my email is [email protected]

joec852
I am having the same problem

I am having the same problem with my Mitsi. Could someone please email me the information on the board repair. It would be very much appreciated. My email is [email protected]

Ejaeger13
Hey guys,

Hey guys,

I fixed the BLINKING LIGHT OF DEATH. . .Okay so. . I went to radio shack and bought four new replacement capacitors on a whim. . .and thought that this would be easy. . however, its harder than it appears to be but if you know someone that can solder and is good with a screw driver by all means DO IT. It took me 3 hrs (break in between) and only $10.00 to fix the TV. I have a Mitsubishi 65 Inch Projector. . .

Here is the link with detailed directions that I used. . .

http://www.jyerdon.com/tv/

Follow the instructions and it will work beautifully!!!

mattdashner
can plz send me the info on

can plz send me the info on repairing the blinging light. my power went out about 3 hrs ago now my lights blinking i have a monster surge protector and it still went out. did u ever hear back from the other guys if it worked?

PVP4U
Hi, Larry your knowledge is

Hi, Larry your knowledge is greatelly appreciated. Wanted to ask if you can forward me the Service manual on this repair. Thank you beforhand

JohnMaz
Larry, I awoke this morning

Larry, I awoke this morning to the green blinking light of death. Can you help me out? I have a 65513, manufactured in June 2004. Thanks in advance. My email is [email protected].

Again, THANKS!

mmr
larry!!

larry!!
Save me!!

65 inch
Ws-65513
[email protected]

Ramrock
Who is this Larry? Will he

Who is this Larry? Will he ever respond?

JJB
Larry,

Larry,
I'm also a victom of the green blinking light of death, on my ws48513, would you please send a copy of the repair info. my email [email protected]
Thanks,
JB

leonardomenardo
WHERE'S LARRY. STILL WAITING

WHERE'S LARRY. STILL WAITING FOR THE FIX FOR THE BLINKING GREEN LIGHT, 66513

Larry Dillon
wherere do you ant i sent to

wherere do you ant i sent to?without an e-mail I cannot say abra cadabra, poof you have the fix!!

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore