Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light

2603 posts / 0 new
Last post
frankm
Hi Larry. I am having the

Hi Larry. I am having the same problem as everyone else. My Mitsubishi TV model number is WD-62825. Can you please send me the instructions on how to fix this problem to [email protected]. I really appreciate the help! Thank you!!!

J.C.
Hi Larry

Hi Larry
i see were you responded to my request for fix of blinking green light for WS5513. I have not recived them yet! if you could resent the fill I would be greatfull E-mall [email protected]

mwharkn
Larry,

Larry,
I am having a similar problem with the flashing green light issue. My variation is that about once a week or so, the TV (WS65513) goes dark and the power light starts flashing for about 30 seconds and then goes off. After this, I am able to turn the TV on and everything is fine. A new twist started last night. The TV started changing from one format mode to the next by itself (1080i standard, 1080i expand, 1080i wide expandÂ…..). This happened on the HDMI input and the Comp input. The only way to stop it was to unplug the set and plug it back in. Anything you can suggest on this? Thanks. [email protected].

xtremeteammalibu
Larry,

Larry,
Went on vacation and came back to the same thing, Blinking light and no TV, Can you send me the instructions for the fix. Model # WS-65513, Serial # 103892, Manufacture date, 10/01/2003. Thanks for your help. Brad Email to [email protected]

helpfix
Hi, Larry thanks for what do!

Hi, Larry thanks for what do! Could you please send me the instructions for fixing the flashing green light on my WS-65513. I cant even get it to turn on anymore. Thanks a lot! My email is [email protected]

Wreckless
figured I'd reply since MY TV

figured I'd reply since MY TV is FIXED!!!! Replacing those damn capacitors did the trick. woohoo!!!

jsandor
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Same old story here. My wife turned on our WS-55613 and was greeted with the blinking green light this afternoon. I'd really appreciate it if you could forward me instructions to replace the caps.

Just curious, have you counted how many times you have sent out the instructions? I'm shocked that this thread has gone on for 57 pages!

Thank you!!!

John
[email protected]

joeaksa
jsandor said: 

jsandor said: 
Just curious, have you counted how many times you have sent out the instructions? I'm shocked that this thread has gone on for 57 pages!
Thank you!!!
John
[email protected]

John,

This brings up a point that others have made on other forums (CNET is one I remember) where many (myself included) feel that there needs to be a class action lawsuit against Mitsubishi over this. 

I am very happy that I could get my friends television set working again with Larry's help. She is 64 years old and trying to retire, so not flush with a lot of money to replace her now 4 year old television. She paid $2000 for this one thinking that it would last her many years, not puke after only 3 years of operation.

Mitsubishi needs to come to the plate on this and do something or they deserve to have a class action suit served on them. I am not a fan of suing anyone but this is way over the top. The sheer numbers of televisions that they sold that have had this problem shows this.

Joe A

Phoenix 

strange1
Larry,I can't believe I just

Larry,I can't believe I just logged on to the site,and there was my question starring me in my face!! I also have the same blinking light syndrome as the previous 57 pages of posts.Is there anyway possible you could e-mail me the instructions for repairing my ws-65513 along with the repair manual?It would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks Larry in advance.I really appreciate this thread.My e-mail address is [email protected].

nahomy74
 larry,

larry,

im having the same problem with a mits wd 62825 these works?

please send the repair instructions to [email protected] thank you!

nahomy74
larry, im havin the same

larry, im havin the same problem with a wd 62825 mits these works in it? please send repair instructions thank you!

DouglasL
Larry, I too have the issue

Larry, I too have the issue with the blinking light on a Mitsubishi WS65819.  Please email me the instructions.

Thanks,

savjam

Larry Dillon
do you all see the model

do you all see the model number at the top of this psage? deoes it at all look likr ws ws825 or ws 5819

TimS1007
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
My WS-73713 is flashing as I type. I would greatly appreciate the information required to attempt the rapair. My email is [email protected]
Thanks,
Tim

strange1
Larry, my request was for the

Larry, my request was for the ws-65513,which was the title of the thread.

leo777
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

I'm having a problem with my mitsubishi tv set. It's blinking a green light and won't turn on. Can you send the instructions to repair the tv. you can email the instructions to [email protected].

thanks a bunch,

leo_777

DeltaX
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I'm also experiencing the flashing green light and not powering up. This has been going on for about a month now and the weird thing is out of the blue I'm able to power it up and then after I turn it off it's back to the constant flashing green light. I would appreciate any help you could provide to fix this I have a 55513 model and my e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks Steven

barron04
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
I have experienced the flashing green light and not turning on. Now I have a different problem. The tv was not turning off without unplugging it, and wouldn't always turn on and now I can't get it to do anything. If I reset the light flashes then goes out and I still can't turn it on. Serviceman has quoted us approx. $1000 to replace what he called the "brain", but said that may not even fix it. Any information you can help me with would be appreciated. I have a WS-65513 model, and my email is [email protected]
Thank you

German
Larry,

Larry,
I looks like you've been able to help a lot of people and I am hoping you could help me also. I have a WS-65513 and have the same blinking green light problem. I have already checked out the boards, but can't seem to locate the correct 4 caps. I have found 6 of the 1000uf 35v caps, but none of them seem to be swollen at all. Any ideas? If you could, please send me the service manual to [email protected]

Thanks a lot
Philipp

strange1
German,I posted about a week

German,I posted about a week ago,and am still waiting to get a reply.I can tell you the caps are located in the vertical cage in the bootom left of your ws-65513.Pull the drawer out,take off the cage ,and you'll see the caps.4 of them. very easy to replace,however was time consuming lookin' for them.I finally found them.Sure would have helped to have the repair manuel at that time.Hope this helps,and good luck!

German
Does anyone know why the

Does anyone know why the suggested replacement caps for the WS-65513 power problem are the 680uf 16v 105c in C9B01, C9B02,C9B10, and C9B11 rather than the current 1000uf 16v 105c? I have already removed the old ones (and they are ALL bad) and before I replace them I just want to put my mind to rest. Please e-mail any suggestions to [email protected]

Thanks
Philipp

strange1
Wish I could help you on that

Wish I could help you on that German.I just don't know.However,I did read where it was suggested to go with larger caps.I replaced mine with the same 1000uf as was originally in th board.By the way, did you ever receive the repair manual?

German
I have not received the

I have not received the repair manual yet, but I was able to figure it out when I typed in "WS-65513 DM Board" in the images section of google. It brought up the correct board and I figured it out that way. I also found more info on fixya.com, it told me that it was caps C9B01, C9B02,C9B10, and C9B11.

strange1
Thanks for the reply.This

Thanks for the reply.This will be useful information in the future!

darksky05
larry im having a problems

larry im having a problems with a vs-60719 green light then cuts off no picture just like every one else i could not find any manuals on this subject and i was told that you were the man to ask on this subject

jsandor
Larry,

Larry,

Your instructions are world class! Very nicely done. I received the caps from Digikey in 2 days, spent a couple of hours replacing them & cleaning the set, and my TV is back!

Advice to anyone adding a cooling fan to the DM - do not buy the smallest one that Radio Shack sells. It's noisy.

I've noticed a lot of different model numbers from Mitsubishi with the same problem. Are the newer models any more reliable? A local appliance shop has a 73" Mitsubishi DLP on clearance for $1500, but I don't want to buy headaches down the road. Are other brands having failure rates like this?

Thanks again for all of your help!

John

jolly
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have a mitsubishi 2001 WS65819 which has the same green light problem. But in my case the green light comes on then shuts off within 7 seconds and the tv does not turn on. I would really appreciate any help I can get on how to get this fixed. If you think its a capcitor problem I can try to replace them if you can guide me with the instructions.

My email address is [email protected]

Thanks,
Jolly

TCook
Same problem here with the

Same problem here with the Mits 52" - 52825. Green blinking light and it just keeps blinking. At first after a power failure it would come back on but the green light will not go off at all now.

rcooper
Hi Larry, I have a WS-55857.

Hi Larry, I have a WS-55857. The tv went out one day, when I went to turn it on, and everytime I try since then, the green light comes on for 2 seconds and then shuts off, not even giving time for the picture to come on. If you could send me something that might help me out, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ronald Cooper
[email protected]

Yojimbo
After almost a year of

After almost a year of helping out people. I would like to thank you in advance. I have a Mitsubishi WS-65513 that has the ever blinking light.
If you could send any prints, data, & instructions that you have it would be greatly appreated.
My Email addy is: [email protected]
Again..Thanks,
Jim

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore