Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light

2603 posts / 0 new
Last post
Winslow
Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light

Well, stop me if you've heard this one before... last weekend I noticed that the timer light on my four year old Mitsu 65 incher was blinking and the TV wouldn't power on. The reset switch didn't fix the problem and a quick look at Google led me here. If someone could fill me in on the repair procedure, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance! 

Cheers,

Winslow 

Larry Dillon
If you are handy, and can

If you are handy, and can solder, you may be able to save about 700 bucks if not more. There is a very common problem with these Mitsubishi TV sets. There is a digital board inside these puppies called the DM board. A lot of times there are four capacitors that go bad inside of these TV sets. Sometimes, depending on how bad the capacitors are, and if the capacitors did not blow out anything else on the Dm board, you can simply replace these four capacitors and this will fix your TV set. The average that this works on is about 65 to 70 % of the sets can be repaired with this fix. The others are power supply issues or the DM board has other issues. If you would like to attempt to repair your TV set, I will send you the instructions on how to do so.  If you do not know how to solder well, do not attempt to replace the capacitors yourself. Pay a pro to do this for you. After all you are already saving a bundle of cash. Leave an e-mail address, and I will forward you the fix with and without the light engine. And if the capacitors inside the board are not swollen on the tops, as the direction shows you what they look like, change the capcitors anyway. I have had a few that looked good but the capacitors were on their way out. Good Luck

Winslow
Larry:

Larry:

Thanks very much for the quick response!

Please email the repair instructions to: [email protected]

Also: does the procedure include part numbers for the capacitors? I used to be pretty handy with a soldering iron but it's been a long time since I had to use one and I'm a little leary about possibly lifting a trace on the board if I apply too much heat. I may just turn that part of the job over to the local TV repair shop.

I'd also be curious to hear any suggestions on a surge protector to avoid having this happen again (I've got one on there now but apparently it didn't do the job). Perhaps an UPS would have been a better idea... ?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Winslow

Larry Dillon
That is not what caused this

That is not what caused this problem. The unit gets hot inside the metal case. I recommend that hi-temp capacitors are replaced with the old ones. And yes there are pictures and numbers to go by. Good Luck, and let us know how this repair works out for you. I am sending you the directions.

Winslow
Larry:

Larry:

Thanks! I received the instructions and will try to get the parts tomorrow so that I can get them installed over the weekend. 

Cheers,

Winslow 

melmelmel
Larry - Same Problem here..

Larry - Same Problem here...was out of town for a few - came back to a green blinking light. Can you please send repair insructions to [email protected] ---- thank you!

Larry Dillon
I sent out the fix as well as

I sent out the fix as well as a copy of the complete factory service manual. Good Luck, and let us know how you make out with this repair.

t.kirk
Winslow; listen to Larry he

Winslow; listen to Larry he is the man.  I just repaired, (following Larry's instructions) my 65513 almost the same age as yours.  I don't know how to say the thanks I owe you Larry!  The best I can tell, you saved me somewhere between $700 - $1000 in repair cost.  Did I mention the four cap and the soldering tools set me back, at Radio Shack a rediculous amount $32.83!!!!!  And I have the desolder and soldering iron and the solder.  Some one should take Mitsu. to task over this problem.  It took me less than two hours including my drive to and from RS.  The only thing I did different was to release the chassis loosen the wires and move the chassis forward to make it easier to get to the screws in the back.  I also cleaned the lens on the lights which had a layer of dust on them.     

Again Larry you don't know how much I appreciate your guidance and the savings.  I was stuck and would have been eaten alive by the repair man.  In fact I was weighing the purchase of a replacement.

Thanks,

Tom K.([email protected])   

Howard Anderson
melmelmel said: Larry - Same

melmelmel said: Larry - Same Problem here...was out of town for a few - came back to a green blinking light. Can you please send repair insructions to [email protected] ---- thank you!

Larry:

We just discovered today that we have the same dreaded green light blinking problem.  I am encouraged by the prior posts that this might be the infamous capcitor issue Cry.  Would you mind sending the repair and service manual to me.  I would like to give the repair a shot.  Please email me at howardsandersonatgmaildotcom.

Thanks,

Howard

LindaT
Larry Dillon said: If you are

Larry Dillon said: If you are handy, and can solder, you may be able to save about 700 bucks if not more. There is a very common problem with these Mitsubishi TV sets. There is a digital board inside these puppies called the DM board. A lot of times there are four capacitors that go bad inside of these TV sets. Sometimes, depending on how bad the capacitors are, and if the capacitors did not blow out anything else on the Dm board, you can simply replace these four capacitors and this will fix your TV set. The average that this works on is about 65 to 70 % of the sets can be repaired with this fix. The others are power supply issues or the DM board has other issues. If you would like to attempt to repair your TV set, I will send you the instructions on how to do so.  If you do not know how to solder well, do not attempt to replace the capacitors yourself. Pay a pro to do this for you. After all you are already saving a bundle of cash. Leave an e-mail address, and I will forward you the fix with and without the light engine. And if the capacitors inside the board are not swollen on the tops, as the direction shows you what they look like, the capacitors are most likely not your problem.

Larry-  the blinking green light has gotten us too!  Could you please email the fix to [email protected].  Thanks!!!

Larry Dillon
Linda T, not a problem. I

Linda T, not a problem. I sent you the documents you requested. If you do not know how to solder, play it safe and let a pro install the capacitors for you. Good Luck, and let us know how you made out with this repair.

Larry Dillon
Howard, I sent the

Howard, I sent the information out to you also Good Luck

LindaT
Larry- I had no problem

Larry- I had no problem removing the dm, but I am having trouble finding replacement caps.  I stock ones are 16v, but I can only find 25v.  Would the increased voltage cause any problems, or do you think they would work?  Any suggestions on where to buy these would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Larry Dillon
No it would not hurt what so

No it would not hurt what so ever, but will they fit inside the Assembly? Are they Hi temp Caps  This is why I recommend the HI temp caps. If you really wanna go cheap this could certainly burn out this DIGITAL board. you have to understand. This is not a simple repair. This is a sophisticated board that cost almost a grand!  Please follow the directions and do not go cheap. Find the right capacitors or you will not achieve what you are trying to accomplish. I am simply trying to help out folks, but when they try to defeat my directions, I have to throw up my hands. I truly hope you find the right parts and do not try and use cheap parts!  Good Luck

t.sams
Larry I have the same problem

Larry I have the same problem with my tv to could you please send me the repair instructions too

thanks troy.           [email protected] 

daveslick316
I have a mitsubishi ws-65315.

I have a mitsubishi ws-65315. Last night my power light was blinking and today it just stays on whenever you plug it in without powering the set on. It started off by powering the tv off and then after a minute or two I could power it back on but now all I get is the green power light and that is it. Any ideas of what I should try? I have been looking for an online repair guide that may help out but no success. I would appreciate any help. If someone could forward me the repair guide I would appreciate it.

[email protected]

does anyone have the model #'s of the caps that they have used.

Larry Dillon
Try I sent you the

Try I sent you the information. Good Luck

Digg@lot
Hey guys thanks for letting

Hey guys thanks for letting me into your community!

Ive got a problem 2....

Ive had my 65 in ws for 3 yrs now and it has done this before after a power outage It couldnt restart itself so I shut off the main power in the house and It "kicked" it back in motion When I turned the House power back on..(But ever since then I turn the power on to the TV and the picture waves into the screen  for the first 3- 5 seconds and then picture clicks in...It only does that once a day or after it sits for 8 hrs)   

Well today I got home to turn the tv on to notice same blinking lights but there not stopping and Ive tried the shutting off power trick 2 times with no help..

Thanks Larry what else could it be if its not the capacitors?

I appreciate You Guide And Help Larry! Thanks Mike  [email protected]

Digg@lot
Oh by the way the model is

Oh by the way the model is

WS65813 Diamond

Thanks

[email protected]

Rmcconville
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I am having the same issue with a a mits 65513, could you send me a copy of your instructions also? My email is [email protected]. Thank you.

Rich

Larry Dillon
Diggalot, I sent you the

Diggalot, I sent you the documents you requested. Good Luck

Larry Dillon
Rich I also sent you all the

Rich I also sent you all the things you should need including the factory service manual. Good Luck

Rodney Stewart
Larry Dillon said: Diggalot,

Larry Dillon said: Diggalot, I sent you the documents you requested. Good Luck

Larry I have the same problem, blinking green light. Could you send me a copy also on how to fix it?  [email protected]

Larry Dillon
I sent these documents to you

I sent these documents to you. If though you have no experience doing any soldering or repairing printed circuit boards, play it safe and take the board and the capacitors to a pro. this fix works on about 65 to 70% of the peeps who have this problem. Good Luck

Snakeroot

Larry Dillon said: If you are handy, and can solder, you may be able to save about 700 bucks if not more. There is a very common problem with these Mitsubishi TV sets. There is a digital board inside these puppies called the DM board. A lot of times there are four capacitors that go bad inside of these TV sets. Sometimes, depending on how bad the capacitors are, and if the capacitors did not blow out anything else on the Dm board, you can simply replace these four capacitors and this will fix your TV set. The average that this works on is about 65 to 70 % of the sets can be repaired with this fix. The others are power supply issues or the DM board has other issues. If you would like to attempt to repair your TV set, I will send you the instructions on how to do so.  If you do not know how to solder well, do not attempt to replace the capacitors yourself. Pay a pro to do this for you. After all you are already saving a bundle of cash. Leave an e-mail address, and I will forward you the fix with and without the light engine. And if the capacitors inside the board are not swollen on the tops, as the direction shows you what they look like, the capacitors are most likely not your problem.

Larry, I've got a WS-55513 with this blinking green light problem.  Can I get a copy of this manual too?  Thanks!   rrstalnaker <at> dscf <dot> org

Bigmast
Larry will you email me your

Larry will you email me your fix for my WS-65513.  I would like to try and replace those caps.  My email is [email protected]

Thanks

Mark

Larry Dillon
Bigmast, I sent you the

Bigmast, I sent you the documents you requested including the factory service manual. This fix will fix about 65 to 70% of sets affected by this fault. If you do not have any or much experience soldering on printed circuit boards, play it safe and take the board and capacitors to a repair center and let them do it for you. Good Luck

Zain Rugh
Larry,  I'm having the same

Larry,  I'm having the same problem blinking timer light issue with my 65813.  I assume the fix is the same.  Can you send the instructions to me at [email protected].  Thanks.

Larry Dillon
Zain, I sent out the info you

Zain, I sent out the info you requested. Good Luck. Just remember, if you are unsure of what you are doing, do not take a chance and maybe ruin the board. Call in a pro to assist you. This fix does help out at least 65 to 70% of those folks who try this. If you fix the set, it should save you at least 800 bucks or so.

toneloc
Larry,

Larry,

I have a ws-65315 and having the same green light blinking problem. Can you email me the guide/manual to [email protected]. Thanks for your time.

SCfan

Hey larry. I have a ws55909 55" with a green lite that comes on when powered, but shortly turns off, and still no tv picture.  Is this the same capacitor problem?  If so could you please email me the repair instructions ?.  Much appreciated larry.    Thanks   RON  @ [email protected]

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore