Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light

2603 posts / 0 new
Last post
pastina
Thanks Larry for the

Thanks Larry for the instructions. I bought 8 caps (save 4 for later) for $2.

By following your instructions and now my tv is working clear (HD) than before :))).

Thanks again Larry! 

Mzawsome
I have the same problem with

I have the same problem with my green light blinking on my mitsubishi 65 inch TV.  Can someone send me the instructions please.  my address is cmustama-at-yahoo-dot-com.  I would greatly appreciate your assistance

n44rt
I have the same problem. 

I have the same problem.  Could you please send the directions to [email protected].

thanks,

Jill

kdhj
Larry or anyone, I have same

Larry or anyone, I have same Mistubish green light problem, could someone please forward the instructions on how to change the capacitors !! I would be grateful. My email is :  [email protected].

todd
Please help!!  I have the

Please help!!  I have the dreaded blinking green light on my WS65807. This sounds like the same problem that other folks have complained about.  Can someone please send me the instructions for the capacitor repair?  Thanks.  My email address is  [email protected]

redneck
T.Knowlton said: Larry i'm

T.Knowlton said: Larry i'm having the same problem with the green blinking light.My tv is a ws-65513(mitsubishi).Would it be possible to get the instuctions emailed to me at [email protected] Thanks so much it would save my day. Tom

ditto...ws55511. moved it from one room to another! blinks and blinks.

[email protected]

appreciate ANY help...

j. pirko

violent24_7
Same problem as everyone else

Same problem as everyone else.  Can someone please send information to me at [email protected]?

Thanks,

Jeff

Barry
Larry,

Larry,

I am having the same issue with a WS-65813 Mitsubishi.  Can you please send me the repair instructions and schematic needed for this?

I am also thinking of purchasing a new DLP.  Has Mitsubishi quality gone down? with what these things cost they shouldn't, but I need to know before purchasing another Mitsubishi. Thanks for your help.

Barry

redneck
Larry Dillon said: If you are

Larry Dillon said: If you are handy, and can solder, you may be able to save about 700 bucks if not more. There is a very common problem with these Mitsubishi TV sets. There is a digital board inside these puppies called the DM board. A lot of times there are four capacitors that go bad inside of these TV sets. Sometimes, depending on how bad the capacitors are, and if the capacitors did not blow out anything else on the Dm board, you can simply replace these four capacitors and this will fix your TV set. The average that this works on is about 65 to 70 % of the sets can be repaired with this fix. The others are power supply issues or the DM board has other issues. If you would like to attempt to repair your TV set, I will send you the instructions on how to do so.  If you do not know how to solder well, do not attempt to replace the capacitors yourself. Pay a pro to do this for you. After all you are already saving a bundle of cash. Leave an e-mail address, and I will forward you the fix with and without the light engine. And if the capacitors inside the board are not swollen on the tops, as the direction shows you what they look like, change the capcitors anyway. I have had a few that looked good but the capacitors were on their way out. Good Luck

larry,

could use the info about replacing caps. any way to test them? There appears to be seven of the caps on my DM power board. I'm new at this forum (first one I've joined) Please email the info when you get a chance.

thanks, john

[email protected]

angiethebabe
hi larry    i am having the

hi larry    i am having the same green blinking light problem. my set  is 3 yrs old and it seems to be doing the same as everyone else. could you please send me the same instructions and manuals for the ws 65613. thanks  don     [email protected]        thanks   again

rolo
Hello Larry, I have a

Hello Larry, I have a Mitsubishi WD-62725. The timer light flashes green, could you email the information needed to repair the caps? email is [email protected]

ty

pdc76
Well, guys let me join the

Well, guys let me join the ones with the blinking green light. Larry if you could send me the instructions I would sure appreciate it. Model WS65513.  [email protected]

Thanks,

Tom

stvnjbro

one

two

three

five

six

seven

eight

eleven

twelve 

Any suggestions on what else it might be. I tested the caps for capacity on my meter and they were bad. But something else is wrong if it's not working. I insterted the board and hooked up the plugs without the heat shield to run a test. So I could make sure it's seated all the way. No success so far. The caps are in the right way, the earlier picture you seen was showing the caps the wrong way and they had no power applied to them. I'v since removed that picture.

Larry Dillon
Arauthator, make sure the

Arauthator, make sure the board is seated on the chassis all the way. I have ran into this problem several times. If you take off the cover and visually see the board being inserted into the socket and see if that works. Also once you plug in the TV set, let the light flash away for a minute or so and see if it goes out.

anubis
need repair instructions for

need repair instructions for 55513 mitsubishi, blinking light syndrome. send to topher91968@ yahoo.com

Larry Dillon
It looks like you have a

It looks like you have a capacitor in wrong man. Look at the board without the caps installed. The negitives all go one way. Double check the polarity and let me know.

calam
Larry Dillon said: If you are

Larry Dillon said: If you are handy, and can solder, you may be able to save about 700 bucks if not more. There is a very common problem with these Mitsubishi TV sets. There is a digital board inside these puppies called the DM board. A lot of times there are four capacitors that go bad inside of these TV sets. Sometimes, depending on how bad the capacitors are, and if the capacitors did not blow out anything else on the Dm board, you can simply replace these four capacitors and this will fix your TV set. The average that this works on is about 65 to 70 % of the sets can be repaired with this fix. The others are power supply issues or the DM board has other issues. If you would like to attempt to repair your TV set, I will send you the instructions on how to do so.  If you do not know how to solder well, do not attempt to replace the capacitors yourself. Pay a pro to do this for you. After all you are already saving a bundle of cash. Leave an e-mail address, and I will forward you the fix with and without the light engine. And if the capacitors inside the board are not swollen on the tops, as the direction shows you what they look like, change the capcitors anyway. I have had a few that looked good but the capacitors were on their way out. Good Luck

Hi , Larry went to turn on my Mitsudishi WS-65513 TODAY 10-21-07 tryed to reset, all I get is blinking green will not stop . Can I receive the fix ? Thank You . [email protected]  Thanks again .

stvnjbro
I am getting a very light

I am getting a very light ticking noise down around the transformers by the power supply. Those caps weren't hooked up to power with reverse polarity. You can see a picture above that shows them all going the right way.

ticking

stereolover4522
I have a WS65613 with the

I have a WS65613 with the same problem.  Larry, would you please send me the information also.

[email protected]

stvnjbro
I did a pretty good job on

I did a pretty good job on soldering. So I'm not having the typical issues of seating the board and soldering. However, those burn marks you see in this picture are from when the caps went bad.

solder 1

solder 2

stvnjbro
I'm officialy stumped and I'm

I'm officialy stumped and I'm pretty good at this stuff.

calam
Hi , I am having the same

Hi , I am having the same green light blinking . Will not stop . With my MITSUBISHI WS - 65513 . Can any one e-mail me the fix that Larry Dillon is talking about . Thank you . dj229  e-mail me at         [email protected]  Thanks again.

zapdbf
Arauthator, i don't work on

Arauthator, i don't work on this model, so my comments may not be much help but when i looked at the copper side of the board picture you had. I noticed a surface mount fuse f9b00 4 amp it is going through L9801 right to your caps that you changed, i wonder if that fuse got blown i would check this.

calam
Hi , Went to turn on my

Hi , Went to turn on my Mitsubishi WS-65513 WIL NOT STOP BLINKING  HELP . Can anyone e-mail a copy of the FIX . My e-mail is [email protected]  . Thank You dj229

stvnjbro
zapdbf said: Arauthator, i

zapdbf said: Arauthator, i don't work on this model, so my comments may not be much help but when i looked at the copper side of the board picture you had. I noticed a surface mount fuse f9b00 4 amp it is going through L9801 right to your caps that you changed, i wonder if that fuse got blown i would check this.

Thanks man F9B00 has no continuity at all. The rest are good. You can see a picture of the fuse giving me trouble on the pictures posted before this post.

Can't get another fuse until tomorrow though. It would be best if someone new of a place online to get those fuses.

Also, anybody following along, you can replace that fuse we are talking about with a regular soldering iron but I would only attempt that if you solder frequently. This is a surface mount component and it's best to use a hot air soldering iron on those types. I'll put a picture up here later when I get the part to show you what I'm talking about. Until then, the HASI I'm talking about is pictured below, the black device. Next to that is my Antique Oscilloscope, or Oscope.

UPDATE: 

I found a place where you can buy SMD Fuses: http://www.platt.com

If the link doesn't work. Copy and paste it into your browser. Once you get to the website, click on products and just navigate around in the website until you find SMD fuses. Eventually it will navigate you around digikey.com. However, there is an option on that website to get a sample sent to you. You are looking for 125V 4 Amp fuses. You can use anything from 6V to 125V though according to UL. The amps is what is important, until you go above 125 Volts that is.

HAI

calam
Hi , thanks for the help . I

Hi , thanks for the help . I read the comments between Arauthator and Larry . Open up the back removed the DM Board . Removed the 4 16v1000 capacitors , only two bad but replaced all 4 . I replaced them with 4 - 35v1000 capacitors . I had from another project where the 16v went bad . TV went down today 10-21-07 back up and running today . THANKS dj229

ALSO NEED HELP WITH MY RCA D52W19 BLINKING THREE TIMES AND THAT IS ALL IT WILL DO .

Larry Dillon
Oh I forgot about those fuses

Oh I forgot about those fuses. Sure, they do blow sometimes also.

TedW
Ok, Great. I will try the

Ok, Great. I will try the fuse thing myself also. But I need to order it first. And not being as tech savey as some. Is there an actual part number that someone bought one here in this post. And a link that actually takes you to the page where you can get one?

I can not find from the previous link the SMD Fuse on that site. I find surface Mount fuses listed in variety of flavors. I assume I am in the right catergory though?

Thanks

Update:  Here are a bunch on mouser. But what size etc?  Are these in the ball game or am I looking at the wrong stuff?

Fuses SMD 

Larry Dillon
I would use the littelfuse,

I would use the littelfuse, your on the right path.

jnesci
I have periodically had this
I have periodically had this problem. When
the reset doesn't work I have unplugged the
set and left it that a way for a couple of days
and the problem goes away.....until it happens
again. Does this sound like the capacitor
problem on the DM board?
Also, in the manual it says go to www.mitsubishi-tv.com
to check for software updates. Of course I can't
find anything about software updates on their
website. Anyone know anything about that subject?
Larry, would you please send me the instructions
for the capacitor replacement job? Thank you.

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore