Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light

2603 posts / 0 new
Last post
dragontoy22r
Larry Dillon said: If you are

Larry Dillon said: If you are handy, and can solder, you may be able to save about 700 bucks if not more. There is a very common problem with these Mitsubishi TV sets. There is a digital board inside these puppies called the DM board. A lot of times there are four capacitors that go bad inside of these TV sets. Sometimes, depending on how bad the capacitors are, and if the capacitors did not blow out anything else on the Dm board, you can simply replace these four capacitors and this will fix your TV set. The average that this works on is about 65 to 70 % of the sets can be repaired with this fix. The others are power supply issues or the DM board has other issues. If you would like to attempt to repair your TV set, I will send you the instructions on how to do so.  If you do not know how to solder well, do not attempt to replace the capacitors yourself. Pay a pro to do this for you. After all you are already saving a bundle of cash. Leave an e-mail address, and I will forward you the fix with and without the light engine. And if the capacitors inside the board are not swollen on the tops, as the direction shows you what they look like, change the capcitors anyway. I have had a few that looked good but the capacitors were on their way out. Good Luck

Please e mail me the instruction my model number is WS55809 and is doing that same thing I press the power button and you hear the tv trying to turn on but it doesn't turn on

dragontoy22r
please send instructions to

please send instructions to repair blinking green light to [email protected]

crellin's girl
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I am having the blinking green light issue with a WS-65513, could you send me a copy of your instructions as well?   My email is [email protected].

Thank you.

Larry Dillon
No worm, the tuner board will

No worm, the tuner board will not cause this, but check the two surface mounted fuses on the DM board, one or both of those could open. You will need to measure then with an ohm meter. They are marked on the solder side of the board as F9B00 and F9B02.

Larry Dillon
Everybody who left an email

Everybody who left an email address should have the documents by now. Good Luck

Carrie
can someone please send the

can someone please send the repair instructions for a WS-65813 to [email protected]  Thanks so much for your help!

Eaves
Larry,

Larry,

Thanks so much for the information. It cost us all of $36.06 to make this repair!! It wasn't easy, but neither is paying a tv repair man $1000.00!! The TV is working perfectly, thanks to your easy to follow instructions.  I wish there were more people out there, like you, that were willing to help with direction on repairs that save so much money!!  

Thanks again!!  

Dana 

wolfgangdds
could I get the manual for a

could I get the manual for a WS-65513 & the DM repair directions to [email protected]   thanks

kentsang
Hey everyone with apparently

Hey everyone with apparently the same Mitsubishi problem my screen went black then light blinks reset doesn't help seems Larry on here has the fix would appreciate the info on the capacitors to at least be informed when i take it where i'm gonna get it fixed i'm a mechanic and familiar with car electronics but not going to make my tv a guinea pig for my education purposes.

Dark Shadow
Larry, same blinking light

Larry, same blinking light problem on my WS-65813. Would appreciate the repair instructions. [email protected]

Thanks!

dalenanda
Hello Larry

Hello Larry

I have the green light of death on my WS 55513. Every time I unplugg the tv or the power goes out its a nightmare to get it working again and now its been 6 days of blinking. Would really appreciate the repair info on the caps and where to find it

Thank you in advance Smile

groom2
Larry,

Larry,

Well just like everyone else on this thread, I have a blinking green light.  I have a WS-65813 and I would really appreciate it if you would send me the repair information/manual to fix this issue.  Please send it to [email protected].

Thanks in advance

Roland Langford
Larry,

Larry,

I too got hit by the blinking green light. Could you please send me the service manual and repair instructions.

[email protected]

Roland Langford
Larry,

Larry,

Could you please try to resend, I have not received yet. 

Thank You

chrisc
I have unchecked the box to

I have unchecked the box to received Email whem comments are added to this thread. However, I'm still getting them. How do I make them stop?

Bill

ROC
Larry,  I  would   also  be

Larry,  I  would   also  be greatful if You could send me the repair proceedure for the WS65513      [email protected]                                                                                                                                      

Diane
I am having a similar problem

I am having a similar problem with the Mitsubishi model WD-62628.  I had the TV barely over a year and am experiencing the green blinking light when I try to reset the tv.  It blinks for awhile then stops and nothing.  Any assistance would greatly appreciated.  Please send the repair procedures to [email protected]

Roland Langford
Larry,

Larry,

Thanks for the info. Replaced the caps. last night and the TV powered right up. Also, cleaned the lenses, while I had it apart, the picture looks as good as new.

Many Thanks!

Larry Dillon
Dano69, Great News!. It

Dano69, Great News!. It really feels good dosen't it? I mean to save such a bundle of cash!

JOHN JOHN
Larry,

Larry,

I am having a similar problem with a Mitsubishi model WS-B55.  I would like to take a look at the repair procedure.  Please send it to [email protected].  Thank you.

TedW
Has anyone located the fuse

Has anyone located the fuse for F9B00? I know it is AC125/100v 4A, but when searching for that fuse you have a variety of flavors. I.E. slow blow, fast acting etc.

I know the Caps may do the trick, but if I also test the fuse and find it bad, would like to have one on hand while I got the critters guts laying on the floor, 

here is the list availible

SMD FUSES

Larry Dillon
zerox, the documents are on

zerox, the documents are on their way. Good Luck

dalenanda
Larry Dillon said: zerox, the

Larry Dillon said: zerox, the documents are on their way. Good Luck

I wonder if you missed my other two post Larry but if you wouldn't mind sending me the stuff to fix the green light on my ws-55513 to [email protected] thanks again

Larry Dillon
I did send it before. Maybe

I did send it before. Maybe your junk mail took it? I sent it again.

vitodon204
Larry, I've got a WS-55513

Larry, I've got a WS-55513 with this blinking green light problem.  Can I get a copy of this manual too?  Thanks! [email protected]

vitodon204
sorry the M# is WS-65513

sorry the M# is WS-65513 thanks [email protected]

artie
Mr Larry Dillon I have a 2003

Mr Larry Dillon I have a 2003 model WS-65611 . It has had a intermittent problem for a couple of years where when it is first turned on it will kick off after about thirty seconds and the green light will blink, sometimes it will be Ok to start back up right after the green light stops blinking but then sometimes it would take several cycles to get it to stay on, that has progressively worsened to the point where it will only stay on for a about thirty seconds no matter how many times you try it. Also the remote now does not control anything and (that just seems wierd to me). Could you please send me the service manual and the procedure for the DM board fix and if you think those symptons might describe some other problem please let me know. I am not convinced that that is the problem but it sounds cheap and easy to try. My background is in HVAC repairs so I have some experience with capacitors although not the little tiny ones. Any information you can send that you think might be helpful would be greatly appreciated.  my e-mail is   [email protected]  Let me know if you need some Heat pump or AC help man.

Thank You

Darryl

Larry Dillon
I have sent everyone who has

I have sent everyone who has left an e-mail address so far. Good Luck

ERIC
I need a copy also, if its

I need a copy also, if its not too much trouble. I have read all posts and will take heed to all warnings. Thanks in advance!

[email protected]

ws-55813

Larry Dillon
da docta, I have sent out the

da docta, I have sent out the documents you requested. Good Luck.

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore