Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light

2603 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
Roger, there are no software

Roger, there are no software updates for these TV sets as far as I know. I have sent you the documents so you can see if you have the DM fault. Good Luck

TedW
Larry Dillon said: I would

Larry Dillon said: I would use the littelfuse, your on the right path.

Thanks Larry,

I see alot of them there. But all differnt sizes. So will I have enough room to insert any of them on the board is the question now. Hummm... And I assume they are all the same except the size.

Thanks 

Larry Dillon
Best thing to do is get the

Best thing to do is get the measurements of the old ones, send them to me and I will see what ones will fit by converting the mesurements unless you can do it that way too. Most people can.

jaybob
Larry,

Larry,

I am having the same problem with my ws65513.  Can you send the repair directions to me as well?

Thanks,

Melodee

[email protected]

ministone20
Larry!!!

Larry!!!

I have a WS-55807 that has had the convergence IC's resoldered (repair #1), the F9A05 pico fuse replaced (repair #2), and now the unit is down with a blown F9A05 and an error code 22.

I don't want to pay a service guy to fix this again because I don't think he solved the problem last time by just replacing the fuse without finding the cause.

Can you lead me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!!!

[email protected]

TedW
Larry Dillon said: Best

Larry Dillon said: Best thing to do is get the measurements of the old ones, send them to me and I will see what ones will fit by converting the mesurements unless you can do it that way too. Most people can.

Great,

Thanks Larry.

Got the Caps already and My brother will be down around Thanksgiving. He is the one that will solder those Caps in for me since he solders radar boards etc. and feel safer letting him do it.
Just trying to get everything possible in a brown paper sack for him so it is fairly quick and simple and no running around or "Oh Crap" wish we had that also.

We will take the measurements of that fuse for you and post here so anyone else that wants to replace it also will know the size they should be shooting for. Also we will have to purchase and locate the fuse then I guess since we will know what size it is dimension wise once he opens the back. I will post the Part#, Brand and where to get at that time also.

If by chance, anyone that has already replaced that fuse from prior posts could be kind enough to post here, the part number, good link where to buy. This would be most helpful.

But do not worry if any other posters on this thread wants this same info as I do, I will be able to tell you around Thanksgiving when the caps are replaced. Just hang in there.

And I will !

By the way, those caps are 10mm in diameter and 16mm tall incase you want to get an exact size on the board and not worry about playing around with the cover. (Obtained these specs from HDTV site) But unlike this thread, no one has addressed the fuse. Read my past post in this hread for a link to a page that has them with these dimensions to make it easier for those who like me who can not afford to pay a zillion dollars for a 2 bit problem and would have a hard time looking at specs on 15 trillion versions. LOL

Thanks again Larry,

/dale.
Larry,

Larry,

I am having the same problem with my ws65613.  Can you send the repair directions to me as well?

Thanks,

Surendar

[email protected]

Kent039
Larry, same problem here on a

Larry, same problem here on a WS-55513.  Can you email repair instructions to [email protected]?  Thanks.

It's been a while since I've soldered.  If I don't want to risk that part, what's my best option?  Just take it in to a TV repair shop?  How much should I expect that to run (ballpark)?  

Thanks.

NickB
Well... it  appears I also

Well... it  appears I also have the  dreaded  "green-light" issue.  So Larry I'm at your mercey.  Can you please send the repair instructions to me as well.   ([email protected])

Anyone know someone competent in the Phoenix, AZ area to do the work?  I'm not as savay as you all.  Smile

Thanks!

TYLERT
Larry, you are in dyer need..

Larry, you are in dyer need........Please save my marriage! I have the bloody blinking light on my Mits WS-55859 TV, if you have the instructions, pictures, capacitors so I can fix this dang thing it would be greatly appreciated!! My wife wants it fixed or burned in the fireplace before Thanksgiving! If you need to know I bought it in 12/01 and it has been sitting trying to fix itself with no luck to date....................

Roger

[email protected]

TedW
Stillblinking said: Well...

Stillblinking said: Well... it  appears I also have the  dreaded  "green-light" issue.  So Larry I'm at your mercey.  Can you please send the repair instructions to me as well.   ([email protected])  Anyone know someone competent in the Phoenix, AZ area to do the work?  I'm not as savay as you all.  Smile Thanks!

Stillblinking,

If you find someone, let me know. I am in Phoenix also. And have the same problem. Got the Caps already in the mail. Called around myself first and everyone just wants to  put a new DM board in at 850.00 plus trip charge of 75.00. That was the cheapest I found so far. But if you find someone who knows what they are doing and does this stuff on the side. Let me know. Right now I have to wait till Thanksgiving till I have my brother down to do the soldering.

Larry Dillon
I have sent the documents to

I have sent the documents to everyone who left an e-mail address. Good Luck, and please let us know how you make out with this repair.

NickB
Stillblinking, If you find

Stillblinking, If you find someone, let me know. I am in Phoenix also. And have the same problem. Got the Caps already in the mail. Called around myself first and everyone just wants to put a new DM board in at 850.00 plus trip charge of 75.00. That was the cheapest I found so far. But if you find someone who knows what they are doing and does this stuff on the side. Let me know. Right now I have to wait till Thanksgiving till I have my brother down to do the soldering.

TedW. Send me an eml so we can continue this conversation off board. ([email protected]) Thanks, Scott.....

jaybob
Larry,

Larry,

The e-mail didn't come through on my side, can you try again?  [email protected]

My brother is going to come do the work for me this evening.  He is very experienced with boards, but wants the directions just to be sure :) 

Thanks so much!

Melodee

hanmabookie
Larry,

Larry,

I am having the same problem, could you send me the instructions to [email protected]

thanks

jnesci
Larry,

Larry,

Rec'd instructions and the manual, thank you very much. Would you do me another favor? Please give me a part number, at Digi-Key, for a fan that will work in the space available. Thanks again.

roger1938

Larry Dillon
Melodee and jb.bean, I have

Melodee and jb.bean, I have sent out the documents you will need to work on yoiur TV set.

TYLERT
Larry, received the

Larry, received the instructions and manual.....Would it be safe to say my TV which is a WS-55859 the same circuit board as the ones listed on the manuals??? It did not list my model number on the manual.......

Roger L.

Larry Dillon
I am sorry, I do not have

I am sorry, I do not have that manual yet. I was suppose to receieve it last week but I have not gotten it as of yet . You can still use the instructions and figure it out with everything I sent you. Go though everything first i sent to you. Then compare what I sent you with your TV set. If I receive the manu8al shortly, I will cetainly forward you a copy.

chrisc
Larry,

Larry,

Yesterday morning my Mitsubishi WS-48513 Late 5D HDTV has joined the crowd of other users with the flashing green light of death. I have tried all the recommended solutions to power up but it still continues to flash. I would greatly appreciate receiving your repair information on the capacitor problem. From all the comments that I have read about this problem, you seem to be the MAN. My email is wjf1atcomcast.net.

I would like to thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide.

I posted this on possibly the wrong thread. So I'm reposting it on this thresd.

Bill,

73, AC0GJ

grandpa2003
Dear Larry,

Dear Larry,

I appreciate your Awesome knowledge about Tv's Just Curious about

Mine, If you know what could be wrong with it....

My tv would just stop.. And I would  let it set for an hour or so and it would go on again sometimes for weeks. But now the thing Blinks  on and off  (My tv is mo#VS-50707)

Thanks Larry!

thanks James

grandpa2003
OH my email is

OH my email is

[email protected]

chrisc
Larry Dillon said: I am sorry

Larry Dillon said: I am sorry, I do not have that manual yet. I was suppose to receieve it last week but I have not gotten it as of yet . You can still use the instructions and figure it out with everything I sent you. Go though everything first i sent to you. Then compare what I sent you with your TV set. If I receive the manu8al shortly, I will cetainly forward you a copy.

Larry, You mentioned instructions that you sent me. However, I have not received anything from you. Possibly, the entered email address was incorrect. The correct email is:

[email protected]

Thanks again,

Bill F.

Carrie
I have a Mitsubishi WS-65813

I have a Mitsubishi WS-65813 with the same "blinking problem".  Can you please email me the fix and a repair manual?  I really appreciate the help as my wife just told me to sell the tv as broker if it was going to cost $600 to fix it!  Thanks again.  My email is [email protected]  You guys are the best for trying to help others out!!!

what
I have a Mitsubishi WD-62825

I have a Mitsubishi WD-62825 with the same "blinking problem".  Words cannot begin to describe my frustration and joy once I realized how many others are having the same problem.  I hope I'm one one of those 70% that gets away with the inexpensive fix...

Please email me the solution, part numbers, repair manual, etc...

My email address is: [email protected]  Thank you so much!!!

Rubani
Can you please send me the

Can you please send me the instructions for the Blinking Green Light Fix.....  Please send it to [email protected]

Rubani
Thank you for whoever sends

Thank you for whoever sends me the information...  It will be a huge help!!

mark2120
Larry- I have a WS-65711-

Larry- I have a WS-65711- looks like it's having the same issues as the rest here.  Can you please send what you have to [email protected]?  Thanks a bunch!

Jordan 

chrisc
Larry,

Larry,

I finally got the info that you sent. Now to get the soldering tools out.

Thanks alot,

Bill F.

worm
Is it possbile that the tuner

Is it possbile that the tuner board that the DM board sit in to is bad if you replace the the caps and still have the same problem with the blinking green led lignt ?

You can buy the tuner for about $138.00 from Sears

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore