Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light

2603 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
dodoma, I think you forgot

dodoma, I think you forgot something? Where do i send them too?

rick9021
sorry for bugging u again

sorry for bugging u again Larry. I haven't seen the fix yet for the mitzu 52575. Have u sent it?? thanks again,

Rick
[email protected]

joeaksa
Larry,

Larry,

Joe A in Phoenix back with you. Last time we chatted I was overseas working but finally now back at home so I can work with the DM board again.

Am trying to fix a WS-48513 MIT TV with the flashing green light on it. I changed out the capacitors on the DM board as per the instructions, then inserted the board back in the set without the cage on it, and same thing happened, green light blinking. Reset the board a couple of times with no change.

You suggested to reseat the board again and still no luck. You also mentioned checking the three fuses on the back of the DM board. Have done this and there is continuity through all three of them, so assume that they are good.

To give you a bit more info, I may have screwed up and I used some Radio Shack capacitors that were supplied by the owner, a friend of mine. Could this be the issue? Did not know that these were not supposed to be used at that time but they are easy to change out if that is the problem.

Any futher suggestions? This television is owned by a friend of mine and they are 62 years old and unemployed, so we do not have the option to call a repairman or buy a new set. They saved for years to buy this one so it really hurt when it stopped working.

Appreciate the help and hope you have some new ideas for me!

Thx,

Joe

Larry Dillon
does the green light blink

does the green light blink for about a minute r so and then go out? when you hit the power button do you see the light flash? Do you hear a small click?

kate2118
Hi Larry, unfortunately I'm

Hi Larry, unfortunately I'm having the same issue. would you mind emailing me the instructions for the fix? It's at least worth a try. [email protected]

joeaksa
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
does the green light blink for about a minute r so and then go out? when you hit the power button do you see the light flash? Do you hear a small click?

Larry,

Thanks for the reply. To tell the truth its been a couple of months since I did this so I do not remember exactly what the light does. To the best of my memory it does exactly the same thing that it did before, just blink green.

I do not recall any click. If it did that this is the power supply relay? Should I hear one or not? 

I can take the board over there and try it again if you need more info.

Thx,

Joe

NeilB
Larry,

Larry,

You seem to have helped quite a few people on this problem. Is it possible you may help one more. We had a power surge over the weekend which the surge protector failed to fully suppress and now I am experiencing the same issue, a blinking green timer light. Would you send the instructions to [email protected]

Thanks.

davec
Larry,

Larry,

It looks like I'm joining a large club - I have the same blinking green light issue and I'd like to try the self-repair before hauling my set away. Do you have the instructions for the WS-73713? If so, can you please send them to [email protected]?

Thanks.

davec
Larry,

Larry,

It looks like I'm joining a large club - I have the same blinking green light issue and I'd like to try the self-repair before hauling my set away. Do you have the instructions for the WS-73713? If so, can you please send them to [email protected]?

Thanks.

Larry Dillon
On their way to you Dave,

On their way to you Dave, Good Luck with the repair!

Gary Huff
Larry

Larry

I never got the instructions but with links from this thread and a little other searching, and a $6 service manual from ebay fixed my WD62825. My soldering iron was a little weak so I had a local repair guy r&r the caps he charded 10 bucks. Less than 20 bucks and now my TV works and for the first time in 2 years the dvr works too. The pictures in the mitsu manual are nothing like the insides of my TV, most of the instructions also seemed to be for another unit as well even though the words say it is for the 26++ chassis.
gary

jlynnb
Larry,

Larry,

I have the blinking green light problem on my 55 inch Mitsu.
Could I get the instructions and such you have referred to..

Thanks [email protected]

MUglow
Larry,

Larry,

I have the blinking green light problem on my WS-65513 Mitsu.
Could I get the instructions and such you have referred to..

[email protected]

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Newman
Larry,

Larry,

I also have the Mitsubishi WS-65513 blinking light problem. Could you send me the repair information please?

[email protected]

Thanks very much!

Mike

KarlV56
Larry,

Larry,

I have a Mitsubishi WD-62825 with the blinking green light problem. I unplugged the set before a three week vacation, thinking that it would be best for the TV...now all I get is the blinking green light. Could you send me the repair information please. Thanks in advance for your help!! You're a life saver!

[email protected]

Thanks again!!

Karl

PAdams
Same issue with the blinking

Same issue with the blinking green light. Could you be so kind as to send the instructions to me as well?

[email protected]

Thanks

Pat

ronusn
I also have the blinking

I also have the blinking green light problem and was hoping to get those
instructions.

Thanks
[email protected]

wright4me
I also have the blinking

I also have the blinking green light problem and was wanting the
instructions. For model 65613
Thanks
[email protected]

wright4me
Forgot to explain. When power

Forgot to explain. When power is turned on by the remote (front panel buttons have been turned off, I have small children..) the green light starts flashing and stays flashing until I turn the power off again.
Thanks
Wright4me
[email protected]

davidb
Please email those

Please email those instructions, same problem here sounds like. Was getting ready to replace but a fix would be awesome.

[email protected]

Thank you.

Larry Dillon
On it's way to you David,

On it's way to you David, Joeyand Chris. Good luck!

wright4me
Did you send them? I have a

Did you send them? I have a problem with my email sometimes will you resend to
[email protected]
or just resend to
[email protected]
Thanks
Joey

joeaksa
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:

Larry,

Any more suggestions? Throw the TV away or whats our next step? 

Thx,

Joe 

Larry Dillon
Joe have you changed the caps

Joe have you changed the caps? Is the light still flashing?

joeaksa
Larry,

Larry,

You mean have I changed the caps for a second time? No, have not, still have the Radio Shack Caps on the board. No one so far has given any recommendations on what to change so was waiting for some ideas.

Thx,

Joe

Larry Dillon
Joe, yes change the

Joe, yes change the capacitors with the right ones and be sure to check the surface mounted fuses also on the solder side of the board, they are labeled in yellow lettering and they are white in color.

joeaksa
Larry,

Larry,

Can you pls send me the info on where to buy them and which ones to get again?

[email protected]

Thx,

Joe

Larry Dillon
http://www.mouser.com/search
Nicholas
I have the same problem as

I have the same problem as everyone on this tread. I have simply left the tv on for the last year, and only turned off our cable box. Otherwise, we would generally have to wait forever for the green light to stop blinking, and try to turn it on quickly. Anyway, I would appreciate it if you would please email me your instructions on how to repair this problem. It seems that you have helped about 55 pages of owners with the same problem. I would be glad to offer some fee for your professional instructions, as I am sure others would also. You have obviously saved alot of people alot of money. Just let me know. Again I thank you for your help. Matthew.

gogreen
I own a ws-65613 65 inch. I

I own a ws-65613 65 inch. I tried to turn it on and the green light flashes and the screen stays blank. I can let the light flash for hours with no change of any kind. I hope these instructions could help me. I can not afford to have it fixed or buy a new one. Please could you send them to me so I can try to see if they work. My kids are about to go crazy with no TV..
Email: [email protected]
Thanks
Chan

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore