Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light

2603 posts / 0 new
Last post
joeaksa
DawnO said: I had the same

DawnO said: I had the same blinking green light on my Mitsubishi WS-55711. I read your posts and had a repairmen out yesterday. He originally told me that he could repair it for $430, and I told him to go ahead. He worked for several hours and couldn't fix it. He told me I need a new digital board. He called today to tell me that he can't find one anywhere, that he'll keep looking, etc. . . but I basically realized I'm on my own with this. I have no competence whatsoever in digital electronics and wouldn't even know how to locate the DM board, capacitor, regulator or anything. I called in the professional, but sadly that was no help. Any suggestions? Thanks, Dawn [email protected]

Dawn, pls keep us update on what you find out on your television.

I changed the Capacitors on a friends television and after plugging the DM board back in the TV nothing had changed, so we are looking again. Now am out of town working and cannot do any more testing on it but need to get it fixed.

We may have the same problem if the tech changed the cap's out on your DM board and it did not fix the problem.

Thx,

Joe A

Phoenix

Larry Dillon
Joe, What model number are

Joe, What model number are you talking about? On a WSXX513 type set, the model that this thread is about. There could be a couple of problems. The biggest one could be that the DM is not seated correctly onto the main board correctly. I  have seen this a dozen times if not more. What happens is that with the case on around the DM board, it is very hard to see the small thin connectors on the main board. The way to re-install this DM board is to take off the casing, install the DM board, THEN install the case around the DM. Like I said, I have help many people who replaced their caps and after they tried it, it was doing the same thing. there are also two small white rectangle shaped surface mounted fuses on the solder side of the DM board that can also go bad. They are marked with yellow printing on the board itself. There are however those boards that have been going bad for months and the set was reset many times or unplugged and the IC's in the DM simply could not take the stress and blew out. For everyone else, if your set is having intermittant problems, replace the capacitors right away as believe me, you set cannot fix itself like so many think they do.

joeaksa
Larry,

Larry,

I am working on the 48513 version of the set, so this should be the correct info and thread. I replaced the caps on the DM board and reset it into the main board without the metal heat shield and still no joy, the green blinking light. They were not showing any distress (bulging or overheating) but replaced them anyway. Its cheap insurance and easy to get to on the circuit board. I am an old aircraft mechanic/avionics tech, so been around circuit boards a lot in the old days.

Then removed the DM board and tried to find the fuses but could not identify them right away and ran out of time. I work oveseas (six weeks out/four weeks home) and simply could not get it done before heading out to work.

Part of the problem is that this television is for an old friend of mine, an unemployed flight attendent and she simply does not have the funds to get a real tech out to fix the set, so am trying to help as I can. Also been looking for another xx513 set on CraigsList here in town to scavenge parts from to fix her set but no luck yet.

Will be back home in 5 weeks and dive back into it but sure hope that this is the fix, or some fuses as she cannot afford a new set after saving for several years to buy this one.

Thx again for the help,

Joe

bobh
Good morning Larry,

Good morning Larry,

I have a Mitsubishi WS-55859 with the blinking light problem. I'm not sure which board has the bad caps. Could you send me the repair documents and required parts numbers? I would like to fix myself. Thanks Larry [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Sure thing Larry, I will send

Sure thing Larry, I will send them out to you as soon as possible.Good Luck

Larry Dillon
Joe, The fuses are white in

Joe, The fuses are white in color and are marked on the solder side of the DM in yellow, you can't really miss them. You did install the capacitors in correctly? Positive and negative? Don't laugh, I have seen many peeps who do install them backwards. Also, check the main voltages in the unswitched power supply, as there are a couple of fuses there too in those supplies that have caused the DM not to boot up. Worse comes to worse, you could aways send the DM out to pts electronics and have it tested or overhauled. Go to ptscorp.com, get the phone number, and call them.

DawnO
Forget it -- I went out and

Forget it -- I went out and bought a Sony Bravia today. I'll still try to fix the Mits but it's way too complicated for me. When I find someone to tackle it, I'll appreciate the the tech assistance. The huge machine is now sitting in my garage. Anyone want it? Thanks.

Larry Dillon
Where is your location dawnO?

Where is your location dawnO?  I hope you did not purchace the LCD type Sony? if you did, I hope you bought the extended warranty?  if you did not, go right away and do so as the light engine is a known fault on these units after  a year or so and then it will cost you another 100 bucks plus labor to repair. Please do not let anyone tell you anything different. These Sonys are being discontinued because of the light engine problems.

joeaksa
Larry,

Larry,

Thanks and will look for the fuses and check the voltage when I get home in a month or so. Also will make sure the caps are installed correctly. I did put them in the same direction (polarity) as the ones I removed.

Dawn,

If you live anywhere near Phoenix would love to have the set!

Joe

DawnO
Joe, I'm in Dallas. Not very

Joe, I'm in Dallas. Not very close to Phoenix.

I bought the Sony after reading the Consumer Reports TV issue and it got the highest recommendation. Yes, I got the LCD type. Yikes. I did buy the extended warranty, so thanks for the heads up on the light engine issue. I guess I'll be back on the forum when that goes bad! I've had a Sony Trinitron for 18 years in my upstairs game room and it still works like a charm. What happened to TVs?

Thanks for your comments,

Dawn

joeaksa
Dawn,

Dawn,

Thanks anyway. Used to live in Dallas (Flower Mound/Carrolltown) and its a ways away.

One thing to remember is that if you buy many of these televisions with a premium credit card, the credit card in many cases DOUBLES the factory warranty. AmEx and my CitiBank Master card both do this and they do it FOR FREE, so the extended warranty might not be needed. 

When I get my next television will go for overkill and probably do what Dawn did with the extended warranty "just in case" but do not want to be going through this again with any television.

Joe

Larry Dillon
On these large sets, I NOW

On these large sets, I NOW recommend an extended warranty. I used to be against them but after the past few years on the repair cost, I highly recommend them.

ray710
Hi Larry, I'm having the very

Hi Larry, I'm having the very same blinking green light problem on my Mitsubishi ws-65513. iy's been blinking for the past 2 weeks and won't power on fo some reason. I'd greatly appreciate you forwarding me the repair manual or instructions as well. Thank you some much for your assistance. My email is [email protected]

Larry Dillon
I will send those out ASAP

I will send those out ASAP Ray, Good Luck

ray710
Thanks Mr. Dillon, I look

Thanks Mr. Dillon, I look forward to getting the repair instructions from you and I certainly appreciate your help, you're a one in a million!!

rcooper
Hi larry, I have a 55"

Hi larry, I have a 55" Mitsubishi WS from 2001, could you also send me a copy of the manual and how to fix the DB. Thanks, Ronald Cooper

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
WS What!? What's the rest of

WS What!? What's the rest of the model number?

ray710
Hey Larry, it's a WS-65513

Hey Larry, it's a WS-65513 Mitsubishi HD 65inch. I purchased it about 4 years ago. I will say that every since I purchased it there has always been times that the tv would just shut off and then the green timer light would blink for a few seconds and then stop, then I'd be able to turn the tv back on with no problem, i just thought that it was just a safty feature from overheating or something. Now it won't stop blinking! Thanks again!

ray710
Hi again Larry, I thought

Hi again Larry, I thought that you were asking me for my model number, sorry about that, however it seems as though you've already sent it out to me, but I haven't received it as of yet, i'll forward you my email address again just to make sure you have it, [email protected], thanks again!

FrBobT
Hi again Larry,

Hi again Larry,
I was wondering when you might have the chance to send the repair fix (caps and DM board) and service manual for my Mit WS-65613. I orginally posted in early April. You confirmed that I probably needed to replace the caps in the DM board but also suggested another component needed replacing or might have a bad solder connection.

Refresher on symptoms: Had blinking light problem and it somewhat fixed itself. Now TV plays for a few minutes 25 min to 15 seconds and sound and pic go off BUT green light remains on and is constant. Can plug/unplug turn on again but still goes out quickly.

Anyway, thought with you so busy this must have slipped thru the cracks 'cus I've even checked spam and junk but have not rec'd any docs yet. Thanks for you help again.

Thanks, Bob+

email: [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Yes I have sent a couple of

Yes I have sent a couple of times according to my records. I will certainly try again. It sounds like to me that you have two separate problem. One, the DM capacitors, two, a nine volt regulator IV, right behind the terminal or input board. If picture is dark or goes dark intermittently with lines and or fuzzy picture check IC9C25. Could be bad, or bad connections It is on the signal board. Right behind the input or whatÂ’s called the terminal board. The IC is a BA09FP. This IC supplies 9 volts to the terminal board. You can use almost any three leg 9 volt positive regulator like the LM7809, 1 amp regulator in a TO220 case. But first resolder it, i have found bad connections many times on this regulator IC. I will be sending you the repair documents tonight. Good Luck with the repair.

Joemitsu
I have a mitsubishi ws65713

I have a mitsubishi ws65713 with the green blinking light and will not power on, can you please send the instructions and manual for the cap fix to [email protected]

Thanks a bunch

ghiaguy67
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

I HAD the blinking light. Had it repaired at a MITS diamond shop. Took 3 months. Brought it home and it worked for a week.

Now I have a red status light (solid, 3 blinks). The tech says the fan is not working now. I am betting I got someone elses DM board.

Other ideas?

thanks,

Ron

ghiaguy67
RJS said: Hello Larry, I HAD

RJS said: Hello Larry, I HAD the blinking light. Had it repaired at a MITS diamond shop. Took 3 months. Brought it home and it worked for a week. Now I have a red status light (solid, 3 blinks). The tech says the fan is not working now. I am betting I got someone elses DM board. Other ideas? thanks, Ron

Forgot to mention. It's a WD-52825.

Died 3 years 15 days after purchase (just before superbowl).

Ron

Larry Dillon
I was just about to tell you,

I was just about to tell you, the model number in the thread does not have a fan. You have bad capacitor most likely in the power supply, but t
here are several other capacitors as well that go bad in this set.

Larry Dillon
Sure Joe, I will send those

Sure Joe, I will send those out to you ASAP. Good Luck

rcooper
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:

WS What!? What's the rest of the model number?

Hi Larry, sorry about that. It is the WS-55857. The tv went out one day, when I went to turn it on, and everytime I try since then, the green light comes on for 2 seconds and then shuts off, not even giving time for the picture to come on. If you could send me something that might help me out, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ronald Cooper
[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Pressing the front panel Â

Pressing the front panel “INPUT” and “MENU” buttons at the same time, and holding for 5 seconds,activates the Error Code Mode. The LED flashes denoting a two digit Error Code, or indicating no problem has occured since the last Initalization.
Note: The front panel buttons must used, NOT those on the Remote Control.
1• The number of flashes indicates the value of the MSD (tens digit) of the Error Code.
2• The flashing then pauses for approximately 1/2 second.
3• The LED then flashes indicating the value of the LSD (ones digit) of the Error Code.
4• The Error Code is repeated a total of 5 times.
Example: For Error Code is “24”, the LED will flash 2 times, pause, and then flash 4 times.

The Error Code designations indicating a malfunction, or no malfunction, are listed below:
“12” ... indicates no error has occured.
“21” ... X-Ray Protect circuit.
“22” ... Short Protect circuit.
“23” ... Horizontal Deflection failure.
“24” ... Vertical Deflection failure.

Let me know what code you get and we can maybe work from there? Good Luck

keydet
Larry,

Larry,
I have the same flashing green led, would you please send me the instructions on how to repair this issue along with the replacement part numbers that I will need? I would much appreciate your help in this matter. Model number is WS-65513
My email address is [email protected]

Thank you again for your help:)

slicendicen
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,
I have a WS65513 and the blinking light problem too... could you email me the fix as well... my email is [email protected]! Thank you so much in advance Larry... My guess is that your fix will solve the problem. Thanks.
Mike

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore