Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light

2603 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
Sean, I still do not see it

Sean, I still do not see it there but I will send you out the repair documents shortly.

Sean M
Larry,

Larry,
My e-mail address is [email protected]
model ws55513
thanks again,
Sean M

ray710
Hello once again Larry, I

Hello once again Larry, I guess that I may have a much different problem than I thought with the flasing green light. I ordered the capacitors from your repair instructions and they came a couple of days ago, so I performed the work and replaced the old ones with the new. The old ones did have the bulge in them as you said they would, so I really thought that that was the problem and I was very excited! Well once I put everything back together and tried to turn the tv on after waiting a few minutes to see if the light would stop blinking, but it's doing the same thing it was doing before I replaced the capacitors, still blinking unfortunatly.

So, I said all of that to ask you if you know of any other issue that may be the problem with this tv ( Mitsubishi ws-65513) that would cuase the green light to keep flashing and not turn on the tv? I also tested the other 2 parts that you had in your instructions and they where testing good as well. I need help, still confused over here!!! Your instructions were great and easy to follow, I appreciate that!

Larry Dillon
OK Now what you need to do is

OK Now what you need to do is to take out the DM again, remove the DM outer case, insert the DM into the set once again making sure all of the connectors are all lined up and re-install the case back around the DM and then plug the TV set back into the wall and see if the light stops flashing after a minute or so. This is a common problem.

cribster
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have a WS65713, and am experiencing the same continuous green light blinking. Reading through this thread it appears I need to replace some components. Please send me these repair instructions...I would be most grateful. I spent a lot of money on this TV 5 or so years ago, and do not feel I have gotten proper value from it and would hate to have to junk it. Please send to [email protected]

Thank you so much in advance!

Sean M
Larry, This is Sean M again I

Larry, This is Sean M again I have not recieved those repair documents yet. When I first asked you if you could help me I forgot to give you my e-mail address. It is [email protected] . My model number is WS-55513. This has the blinking green light problem.

Thank You,

Sean M

Larry Dillon
Sean and cribster. I have

Sean and cribster. I have sent out those repair documents. Good luck.

Zanto

Having the blinking light of death issue on my WS55813.  Larry was gracious enough to send me his documents (Thanks again, Larry!).

I also found this link helpful: http://www.chrisandnat.com/Projects/BlinkingTV/blink.htm

A nice step-by-step with color photos

Larry Dillon
Yes it is nice but he says to

Yes it is nice but he says to use radio shack capacitors and if you do that, they will burn out in a few months along with the entire DM board. Also he does not include the factory service manual with this article hes has compiled. ( another $30.00 Value!) Nicer pictures then me. But hey, do we want nice pictures or to properly repair the TV set? You should ONLY use the HIGH temp capacitors. The 25 volt caps are not going to fix this problem and I also recommend adding a fan. That will help this set really big time.

Zanto
Good point about the Radio

Good point about the Radio Shack caps...I think the highest temp rating on the caps they sell is around 85C. I have ordered some Nichicon caps from digi-key (p/n 493-1526-ND). These are rated at 105C. I expect them to arrive tomorrow, and I plan on taking apart my TV tonight.

Would be nice to add a cooling fan while I'm in there. Any pointers you can give me? i.e. where do you pick up power and ground, do you put a potentiometer in series to adjust fan speed, etc.

Also, I noticed in the service manual that you sent me that there are a number of schematics at the end. Do you know which schematic represents the DM module? If so, do you know what part numbers are assigned to the capacitors in question? (I suppose those p/n's are also silkscreened on the PCB, but I haven't got it out yet).

Larry Dillon
No, simply use a 12 volt fan

No, simply use a 12 volt fan as described in the article along with a 6 volt power supply adaptor and plug in the power block to the same strip you do the TV set. The DM is always on, so should be the fan. It will only run at half speed, keeping the noise to a minimal. There are no part numbers available for the DM board. Mitsubishi does not include it with any service manuals as they say it is not field serviceable. Service centers are suppose to send them back for a trade for about 8oo to 900 bucks.

ms7irish7
I also have the blinking

I also have the blinking green light and would much appreciate the instructions for repair if possible. Thank You. [email protected]

Gary Huff
Larry I have a mitsu WD 62825

Larry I have a mitsu WD 62825 with the wonderful blinking light. Please send me the instructions.
gary
Sorry I forgot to add the email. [email protected]

nontech
Hi, I am having the same

Hi, I am having the same problem with my Mitusbishi 52 in television. I went to turn it on yesterday and the timer light in front of the TV was blinking and no picture was showing so I waited some time. I unplugged the TV and back in again and it still keeps blinking. I even tried to Reset it and no picture still. Please help!

Larry Dillon
Whats the model number and

Whats the model number and the e-mail address? There are loads of 52" Mitsubishi TV sets.

Larry Dillon
I guess you do not want any

I guess you do not want any repair instructions, I ned an e-mail maddress to send them to you.

nontech
I received the repair

I received the repair Instructions, Thank you and I will keep you posted on my results.

dlazmdm
larry,

larry,
I have a mitsu 65" model #ws-65869. 2 nights ago I moved my tv from one house to another. When got it to its new home I pluged it in and everthing worked fine. I then turned it off for about 2 hours then when I turned it back on I would get the green light for about 3 seconds, no picture or sound, then the tv shuts itself back off. Through your site and others I have seen the compasitor problem and have replaced all 7. When I plug the TV back in I am getting the same 3 seconds of green light then TV turns back off. PLEASE HELP! Email is [email protected] if needed for anything. Thank You.

nwsoftball
Larry Dillon said: I guess

Larry Dillon said: I guess you do not want any repair instructions, I ned an e-mail maddress to send them to you.

Larry,

Please send the instructions for a Mitsu WS-65613.  I've just got the Green Light of Death and would like to attempt the repair.  [email protected]

Thanks!!

bigbadjp78
Please send me these

Please send me these instructions for a ws65513 as well.It would be greatly appraeciated!

Thankks,John email address is [email protected]

Gary Huff
Larry I have a mitsu WD 62825

Larry I have a mitsu WD 62825 with the wonderful blinking light. Please send me the instructions. [email protected] I forgot the email the first time and I guess you didn't get the addition. Thanks for your help
gary

bigbadjp78
Larry,You sent me the

Larry,You sent me the information to fix my ws65513 last week.I did the repair and used the recommended capacitors.All the solders were good but when i plugged in the tv it was still that annoying green flashing light!!When i reset the tv through the pin hole button next to the light it creates a ticking noise in the back of the tv.Is this possibly an arch or is somthing else wrong?Any more help would be greatly appreciated thanks again for everything!!

John ([email protected])

JWA
John, I had the same problem

John, I had the same problem and it was when I installed the board back in. I had to do it three times before I got it right. Try it again and it will probably work

[email protected]

rick9021
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
I have the terrible green flashing light of death on my 52575. Hoping to receive the fix to email: [email protected]

thanks again,,,
Rick

cataingreenblink
Larry,

Larry,

I also have the green blinking light of death on my 55 mitsu 1080i hdtv. I think the model # is ws55513. I thought it was a great TV until i read this post...how is mitsu staying in business with products like this??? If there is any way you can send me the repair thread for this or a similar model that would be great.

Thanks

Jeff
[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Yes Jeff I will send them to

Yes Jeff I will send them to you. Mitsubishi is a company in Japan, and they are a large company. a small item such as this will not in no way harm them. Good Luck with the repair.

miker1emu
Larry

Larry

I have a WD-65628 green blinking light problem could you send the instructions to fix to me at
[email protected]

Thanx

Larry Dillon
Miker I will certainly help

Miker I will certainly help you out. This repair will help at least 60% of those with this problem with the flashing green light. Good Luck with this repair.

dodoma
Larry Dillon said: aaron, m

Larry Dillon said: aaron, m_rolfe, andTodd, I will be send you all out the repair documents later this morning. Good luck with your repair.

Larry, is it possible for you to semd the repair document to me as well I have a Mitsubishi wd52525.  Thank you so much for your help.

dodoma
Larry Dillon said: aaron, m

Larry Dillon said: aaron, m_rolfe, andTodd, I will be send you all out the repair documents later this morning. Good luck with your repair.

Larry, is it possible for you to semd the repair document to me as well I have a Mitsubishi wd52525.  Thank you so much for your help.

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore