Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light

2603 posts / 0 new
Last post
gogreen
I own a ws-65613 65 inch. I

I own a ws-65613 65 inch. I tried to turn it on and the green light flashes and the screen stays blank. I can let the light flash for hours with no change of any kind. I hope these instructions could help me. I can not afford to have it fixed or buy a new one. Please could you send them to me so I can try to see if they work. My kids are about to go crazy with no TV..
Email: [email protected]
Thanks
Chan

Larry Dillon
Matthew, I need an e-mail

Matthew, I need an e-mail address to send you anything

Nicholas
My email address is

My email address is [email protected]. Thanks again. Matthew.

gogreen
Sorry to bother you again but

Sorry to bother you again but the email has not came yet. Could you please send it again.
Thanks
Chan

Larry Dillon
I hope you get this one. Have

I hope you get this one. Have you checked your bulk or junk mailbox? I have heard some folks have trouble getting these files with Hotmail accounts. it is going out now.

gogreen
can you try wwpwillis@yahoo

can you try [email protected] or [email protected]
Cause it still hasn't came.
Thanks
Chan

PAdams
Larry - I still have not

Larry - I still have not gotten them at the hotmail account.

Can you resend to [email protected] and [email protected]

Thanks a bunch - I have alot of screws out but still cant get to the dm module.

Pat

Dean Batie
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have a Mitsubishi WD-52525 that malfunctioned after a lightning strike in the neighborhood. The red lamp indicator came on so I replaced the lamp. Now the screen shows a bunch of green horizontal lines and it sometimes just goes completely black with white spots that look like stars at night. Sometimes the picture will come on for a few seconds and then the pixels will get scrambled and it will go back to the green horizontal lines again. Is this a light engine problem? If so, can you point me the right direction to find the part and instructions on how to replace it?

Thanks so much for your help,

Dean Batie

Larry Dillon
you most likely have a

you most likely have a formatter board problem. These boards are know to cause funky problems like this. I would also check the capacitors on the power supply board. Good luck Leave an e-mail address and I will see what I can do for you.

NeilB
Larry,

Larry,
Thank you for the information. I was able to replace the capacitors and the TV worked for a small period of time. (5 days) Now, the TV will turn on but then locks up. I will either get a black or gray screen. While the TV was working, the top and bottom of the screen would flicker slightly and start to move towards the middle of the TV. Is it possible I have some bad solder joints on the capacitors or did I do something wrong while soldering?

Thanks,

chancy82
I believe I may be having the

I believe I may be having the same problem. The green light flashing any time the power is turned on to the TV. I left it blinking for 30 minutes with no change. I have a 65613. It has been doing this for almost a month now. I would really appreciate if you could send the instructions to me so my husband can try to fix it.
my email is [email protected]
Thanks
Chancy

chancy82
I believe I may be having the

I believe I may be having the same problem. The green light flashing any time the power is turned on to the TV. I left it blinking for 30 minutes with no change. I have a 65613it is a 65 inch Mitsubishi. It has been doing this for almost a month now. I would really appreciate if you could send the instructions to me so my husband can try to fix it.
my email is [email protected]
Thanks
Chancy

PAdams
Larry - I did not get the

Larry - I did not get the instructions but I did manage to dismantle the tv and change out the caps on my 52. Plugged it back in and green blinking light. I do hear a click and if I leave it plugged in it clicks again every 2-4 minutes but still green blinking light. Any additional thoughts?

Thanks

Pat

Larry Dillon
yes, take off the case from

yes, take off the case from around the DM reseat it and make sure it is seated correctly!, then reinstall the case and fire it up and make sure you wait at least 60 to 9o seconds to make sure the light stops flashing.

dbasil
Larry, I have a Mitsubishi

Larry, I have a Mitsubishi WD62825 and also have the blinking green timer light issue.  It has happened the last two times after a thunderstorm.  I have been able to reset it a couple of times by unplugging it, hitting the reset button or holding down the "format" and one other button (which I forget right now).  I had a certified technician come look at it after the second time and he had luck resetting it.  Now it has happened again and I have not been able to reset it.  The technician said he needs to take the TV to repair/replace the DM board and it would cost about $900 and take at least a week.  Should I go forward with this or do the instructions you have fix this issue?  If so, can you send them to me please? [email protected]

Thanks,

candajohnson
Larry,  I have model WD-52525

Larry,  I have model WD-52525 and was wondering if I could get help on repairing my green blinking light.  [email protected]

Thanks,

Chad 

J.C.
HELLO

HELLO

well it looks like i have the same proble with the blinking green light. would you pleace send the repair imformation to     [email protected]

thank you

labman67
Hi , I have the same problem

Hi , I have the same problem with a mitsu 65513. Could you please send repair info to [email protected]

brita
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
Can you send me instructions/repair manual (65513) as well. I also have blinking light problem and have replaced capacitors as you suggested, but am having teouble putting DM metal module back on main motherboard. I understand I can slide out main motherboard to more easily access everything, but don't know how to release catches and slide out. Can you email me instructions?

Email [email protected]

Thanks.

EricS
Larry:

Larry:

Could you send me the directions to fix capacitors on the DM board.  I have a ws-65909 and have the blinking light problem after a power outage.  The same issue happens a few months back but after about 3 weeks of sitting there with the power off the televison started working correctly.  My email address is [email protected]

Thanks!

Eric

Larry Dillon
you should have fixed the

you should have fixed the problem while you had the chance, The DM is probably bad by now, that is the first sign of bad caps in the DM, if the green light flashes and the set will not start, then after a week or so it starts to work again, TV sets do not fix themselves. I will forward you the proper fix for this model number even thought you posted under the wrong model number thread. If the replacing of the caps do not fix your problem, the DM is bad.

J.C.
HI LARRY

HI LARRY

I would like to recive the information to repair that blinking green light also. if you have the manuel that would be great also.   thanks in advance!  E-mail is [email protected]

joeaksa
Larry,

Larry,

Hope you had a Happy 4th of July!

I have gotten the new caps from Mouser and they are now soldered in the board. Am getting ready to head over to her house and plug the DM board back in the set.

BTW, the Radio Shack caps that I had put in the board first were installed correctly, but lets try it with these.

Will do it without the metal cage around it. Then you plug the set in and let it set for a couple of minutes then try to turn it on? Any other suggestions?

Thx,

Joe

joeaksa
Larry,

Larry,

SUCCESS! With the new caps installed in the DM board I plugged it in and tried to turn it on. Still had the same damm blinking green light. Pulled it back out and checked everything again and re-inserted the DM board in the MB, again with the metal cage off.

Plugged it in and immediately knew that it would work as the green light stopped blinking when I plugged it in. Let it sit for a minute and pushed the power button and it came on after a 3-4 second wait. Works fine.

Now another question please. I secured the DM board onto the motherboard with the screws but ran out of time to put everything back together fully. I am going to have to slide the motherboard all the way out to do it right and that means disconnecting or loosening loads of cables and I am out of time to do this. I have to airline out at 0300 tomorrow morning and still not packed, so too many things on my plate right now.

My question is, would it be ok for her to use the television with the DM board secured in the set but without the metal shielding cage on it for 10 days or so? It works fine as is right now (we turned it on for 5 minutes or so is all) without it but did not know of any other issues. I told her not to use it until we hear back from you.

Pls let me know, but we have a 64 year old grandmother doing cartwheels that her television is working again!

Thx again for the help,

Joe

Jonathan Duvet
Larry,

Larry,

We have had the identical problem with our WS-65613. We followed your instructions and it worked fantastic. It took us about 3 hours because we couldn't get the new capacitor wires through the board... the solder kept getting in the way.

We found that when you put the DM board and metal case back in, you have to be VERY careful to get each pin back in the proper hole. It has to snap back in just like it came out.

Hope this helps the next guy. Larry, thank you for paying it forward. I just couldn't afford a $700 bill.

Jonathan

Jonathan Duvet
One more note... we suggest

One more note... we suggest you getting a can of the air to blow out the dust that collects on the components. It can be very damaging to the insides.

Jonathan

brita
Just fixed my Mitsubishi

Just fixed my Mitsubishi green blinking light attack. The 4 capacitor replacement works. I purchased the capacitors at Frye's, much better then Radio Shack as far as on hand product, service and knowledge.

With all the posts I am surprised there wasn't a recall.

It helped loads to slide the main electronics drawer out in order to get to DM and parts, and did it need a cleaning in the back. Wow!

Thanks Larry, and to all of you for your posts.

AdamN
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

IÂ’ve got the blinking green light headache as well, if you could please email me the repair information that would be great!

Thanks a lot for your help! Adam
[email protected]

Manojbhatia
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have the same problem. The model for my tv is: WS65813. Can you please send me directions how to fix it. I am very obliged. Thanks.

Manoj
[email protected]

Rose N
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
Yes, the flashing green light problem invaded our house too! Ours is the Mitsubishi WS-65613 model. You've helped hundreds of people so far, how about one more? Thanks in advance!
Rose
[email protected]

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore