Mitsubishi WS-65711 HDTV Green Blinking Light

1107 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fixit
i have teh blinking light of

i have teh blinking light of death. ws 48513 please email instructions as [email protected]

Phred
ws65711 blinking light and

ws65711 blinking light and doesn't turn on. [email protected] please.

Steven kelly
Larry Dillon said: M Crouse,

Larry Dillon said: M Crouse, I have sent you all the info you should need to assist you in the troubleshooting and repair of your TV set including the factory service manual. Good Luc

Larry:

I, too had a power outage followed by the blinking green light of death. I have a 2004 mitsubishi WS65611. Can you email me the instructions and diagrams? Thanks!

frazzled
m# 55859. I walked away from

m# 55859. I walked away from tv for 5 min. came back picture gone. Volume thru surround sound system zero picture. Turned tv on green light blinked and then crack. unplugged did it again. reset did it again. Green light blinks then crack. First time every problem with tv purchased 2002. What should I do. Throw it out. Will not pay 400.00 service call. Desperate Help Please.

Neil5
Larry, pls send instruction

Larry, pls send instruction to replace for 65869 if you have them, blinking death(ligh) same issue so I can replace capacitors or the unit itself..Thanks.... [email protected]

Steven kelly
Please send instructions and

Please send instructions and diagrams. I am very grateful. [email protected]

Pauln
I also have a WS65711 that

I also have a WS65711 that will not power on. I have tried resetting with no results. I have unplugged the power cord for 2 hours and upon plugging back in I hear a click, which I understand is a sign the DM board is trying to work. However the green light flashes for about a minute and then goes off.

I called our local Mitsubishi service center and was told that many parts were no longer available. They suggested it would be better to just junk the TV. From what I have described, do you think this could be fixed with new capacitors? If so, would you send me the directions? If I choose to replace the entire TV, is there any salvage value to the components on Ebay?

Thanks in advance for your advise & help.

Paul

Pauln
I, too had a power outage

I, too had a power outage followed by the blinking green light of death. I have a Mitsubishi WS65711. Can you email me the instructions and diagrams? Thanks! [email protected]

tomtyo
Larry, I too am experiencing

Larry, I too am experiencing the blinking light of death. I tried unplugging it, resetting it and nothing happens except the green light blinks for about a minute then goes off.
My set is a 2003 WS65711 and has been great up until now.

Can I get the instructions? I will followup with the outcome.

[email protected]

Thank You

Diana Jones
Larry,

YellLarry,
You seem to be very popular right now. A lot of us have purchased the TV approx. 3 years ago & NOW the Green Flashing light. I would like the instructional file on how to take out the DM board, bad parts & where I can purchase parts @ a reasonable price, but give to my tech to fix. WOW...such a pain. Mitsubishi should have a recall on this. [email protected] THANKS Mitsubishi WD-62825

Ethel
Larry,

Larry,

I am yet ANOTHER victim of the constant blinking green light. can you help me out too? please send those docuemnts.
I have a WS-48511.

[email protected]

Phred
The TV manual for the WS65711

The TV manual for the WS65711 won't finish downloading. It stops and locks up at the very end. I've tried several of the other manuals and it works just fine. Can you please make sure that it is working. Thanks.

Larry Dillon
I reloaded it check it out,
Phred
Sorry for the confusion but

Sorry for the confusion but this is a mitsubishi WS6511 TV thread, and that manual is having the download problem? This one:

Mitsubishi-V21 Chassis Service/Repair Manual (PDF)
WS-48511, WS-55511, WS-65511, WS-B55, WS-65611, WS-55711, WS-65711, WS-65712, WS-73711 (pdf)
1.63MB 1 2 3 4 5 310 rconway68 05/19/08

Nelson156
Unfortunately, I have fallen

Unfortunately, I have fallen victim to the blinking light as well. I have been searching the web for a few hours now and reading as much as possible about this problem. I have a WS65711 that was working fine. Paused a DVD and went to make something to eat. Came back, unpaused it, the screen blinked a couple times and went black. Then the TV shut down.

I unplugged for awhile, pushed the reset and now when it turns on I get the blinking light for about 30 seconds then it shuts off. I power it on and 2 secs later it shuts right down. I get error code 22 (Short Protect).

I have taken the DM Power module out and identified the 7 capacitors. None of them appear to be swollen or damaged.
Do you think replacing them will fix the problem or is it more complex? perhaps a fuse or IC? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

email directions to [email protected]

Larry Dillon
check for open F9A05 And

check for open F9A05 And f9A04, if these sre bad replace he convergenc IC'c first.

kellascat
Larry, I have the same green

Larry, I have the same green blinking light issue on my Mitsubishi WS65513. We live in a rural area with occasional power surges or outages. Usually the TV would come back on after unplugging it for a while, but this last time seems to have done it in for good. The light will blink for days and days, but no TV. Have left it unplugged for days and days too, it still will not power back up. Could you please send me the files and images so I can attempt to do this repair myself before forking over a ton of cash to the repairman? Thanks in advance,
John C.
[email protected]

Maybetoolate
I just got the blinking light

I just got the blinking light problem. I have not been able to turn it on for quite some time. I hate to toss it, can you send me the cap fix?

[email protected]

Nelson156
Larry Dillon said: check for

Larry Dillon said: check for open F9A05 And f9A04, if these sre bad replace he convergenc IC'c first.

Larry,

First of all, thank you very much for your help.

It appears that F9A04 is bad. F9A05 tested fine. So should I replace all fuses and IC's or just certain ones? Does one fuse coorespond to certain IC? Should I replace all or just the bad fuse?

Steven kelly
I have discovered metal

I have discovered metal brackets around my DM module. Screws appear to be inaccessibile. Prying on the bracket might work, but would probably break the comosite wood support. Any ideas?

Techsavy
Larry, I too am in need of

Larry, I too am in need of service information for a WS-65711 and whatever information is available with regard to repairing the DM board. I will be eternally (well, a long time at least) grateful.

[email protected]

cochita
Hi, I too am having the same

Hi, I too am having the same problem with my WS-55859. Can you send me the instructions for how to make the repair? My email address is [email protected]. Thank you.

Phred
Steven kelly said: I have

Steven kelly said: I have discovered metal brackets around my DM module. Screws appear to be inaccessibile. Prying on the bracket might work, but would probably break the comosite wood support. Any ideas?

I've just successfully removed the DM module with the same metal bracket.  If you download the manual or look at the main module just to the right of the DM.  It is the big flat board.  You can remove one screw and the there are 2 tabs on either side of the main board.  This allows you to slide the main board out far enough to release the DM.  Make sure you lossen up all the wires to the speaker etc.  There is only one tight cable to the DM.  If you carefully pull out the white connector straight, it is located towards the front of the main board, it will give you enough freedom to turn the DM and remove the screws.  Just remember which direction it goes.

Phred

Steven kelly said: I have discovered metal brackets around my DM module. Screws appear to be inaccessibile. Prying on the bracket might work, but would probably break the comosite wood support. Any ideas?

I've just successfully removed the DM module with the same metal bracket.  If you download the manual or look at the main module just to the right of the DM.  It is the big flat board.  You can remove one screw and the there are 2 tabs on either side of the main board.  This allows you to slide the main board out far enough to release the DM.  Make sure you lossen up all the wires to the speaker etc.  There is only one tight cable to the DM.  If you carefully pull out the white connector straight, it is located towards the front of the main board, it will give you enough freedom to turn the DM and remove the screws.  Just remember which direction it goes.

Phred

Phred
To steve kelly with the metal

To steve kelly with the metal bracket.
I've just successfully removed the DM module with the same metal bracket. If you download the manual or look at the main module just to the right of the DM. It is the big flat board. You can remove one screw and the there are 2 tabs on either side of the main board. This allows you to slide the main board out far enough to release the DM. Make sure you lossen up all the wires to the speaker etc. There is only one tight cable to the DM. If you carefully pull out the white connector straight, it is located towards the front of the main board, it will give you enough freedom to turn the DM and remove the screws. Just remember which direction it goes.

Phred
Sorry about the submission of

Sorry about the submission of so many responses. The system kept saying error so I kept resubmitting it. I can not seem to delete them.

From the manual the blinking light staying on is indication that the microprocessor isn't running.

I am trying to fix my brother in laws TV and I misunderstood the symptom. So I did the CAP replacement but his symptom is that the blinking light continuously on as described here. The blinking light goes out after 70 seconds as it should, which means the DM i.e. microprocessor is working fine. Well enough to go on the the error code diagnostic. The error code I get is 22 which says short. I am guessing something in the main power supply isn't working. The manual does not include section 2 with the full schematics.

Any suggestions on how to fix? WS65711

ecollier2012
Larry, I have the blinking

Larry, I have the blinking light problem also. Could you please send me the information on how to fix it.

Send to [email protected]

Phred
still error code 22. (I

still error code 22. (I checked, all the little green fuses I forget their names now) 01 -06 and they are all fine. Now what?

momof3
Larry I hope you still check

Larry I hope you still check this.. We have that blinking green light. I would love what you have that could help us save money we don't have to spend on this TV.

many thanks

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore