Mitsubishi WS-65711 HDTV Green Blinking Light

1107 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bobandsarah
Hello, Sounds like allot of

Hello, Sounds like allot of Mitsubishi's out there with same problem, We'll add me to the list. I have a WS-55511 with the blinking green light. Would somebody be so kind to send me the instructions for the fix? email [email protected]
Thanks in advance,

Bobandsarah
Larry, Can I get the manuals

Larry, Can I get the manuals also? WS-55511 email [email protected]
Thanks in advance.

CalRich
KerryRye said: I fixed my

KerryRye said: I fixed my 65813 this week by purchasing the service manual at www.e-servicemanuals.com/ for $4.99 and replacing the 4 bad capacitor on the DM board with 4 I purchased for ~$6.50 from Radio Shack. The picture is back as bright as when I first purchased the TV. Well worth the ~$11.50 and 3-4 hours of my labor.

(I posted this in another thread and will repeat and update for all)
All,

DO NOT USE THE PARTS RECOMMENDED IN THE "CHRISANDNAT" LINK! OR THE www.jyerdon.com/tv LINK! (The jyerdon link does mention he is not a technician so review the information below before proceeding!!!!) or the http://hdtvoice.com/voice/showthread.php?t=32186&page=1&pp=20 link

(although the disassembly pictures can be useful)

I would wait for Larry's package before getting parts or doing the repair. Larry's package will guide you to some high reliability parts and couple of different solutions that are not in the "chrisandnat" link. With the Radio Shack parts you can set your stopwatch to be right back here in three years, except this time the caps might have caught on fire. Install the same parts and you will likely get the same results.

If you have already put in the Radio Shack or a "identical" part to what you removed, I highly recommend you remove them A.S.A.P. and install a set of caps with the higher ratings. Given the number of sets that have failed I would run with the very best that I could get!

Rich

dellgray01
I have a 55 inch that the

I have a 55 inch that the green light is blinking on. But the tv will turn on seems to b nothing wrong. What does the light mean?

antonialinda
Hi My Mitsubishi hdtv also

Hi My Mitsubishi hdtv also has that same blinking light. it happened after the power went out in my apt. Do you know how much this repair will cost me? Im planning to have a repair man come out to my home to fix it but I dont not want to get ripped off. Thanks alot [email protected]

jorder
Hi Mr. Dillon,

Hi Mr. Dillon,

I have the same problem where I had a power outgage and the blink green light is on. The model is mitsubishi WS-65909. Could you send me the instruction to [email protected].

Thank you for your help.

Snowberk
my mitsu ws-65869 went out of

my mitsu ws-65869 went out of order while we were away for xmas and the power went out on xmas day...can you please send me the info to [email protected] seems to be a common problem. thanks so much.

Michael

drinkaforty
Larry, 65" Mitsubishi ws I

Larry, 65" Mitsubishi ws I had the blinking green light problem. I replaced the two IC-250 chips. My TV is still not working. Do you have any suggestions on what i could do next to fix my TV.

Thank You,
Dave

[email protected]

rfogle
I am having the same problem

I am having the same problem - can you email me the documents. thsnks. [email protected]

towmater2000
I have a mitsubishi wd-73733

I have a mitsubishi wd-73733 with flashing green light could you please send me a fix. thank you. email is [email protected]

towmater2000
I have a mitsubishi wd-73733

I have a mitsubishi wd-73733 qith flashing green light.can you please emailme the fix [email protected]

Jeremy D
Larry, can you please email

Larry, can you please email directions to [email protected] for the Mitsubishi WD-52725? Thank you so much for all the help you have given everyone.

Jeremy

William H
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,
Can you please send the info/instructions for a Mitsubishi Diamond HD1080 Model # WS-55711 so I may stop the GFLoD(Green Flashing Light of Death).
[email protected]

Thanks Much
~~William

tle1065
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
I have a Mits WD-52825G with the green timer flashing light. I can't turn on my TV. Please help me to send the needed docs to fix this to my email: [email protected]
Thanks

ptyphoon
We are having the same 'green

We are having the same 'green blinking light' problem with our Mitsubishi WS 55511 TV after a power outage last night. We tried unplugging and resetting to no avail. Could you please send us the file as well?

Thanks so much. [email protected]

Fr0st
Hello Lary I am fortunate

Hello Lary I am fortunate enought to have the blinking lite of death also. my email is [email protected]. If you are still offering the instructions I would very much apreciate it

D.Reed
Larry,

Larry,
Hello, i have a ws55813 diamond series and have the flashing light of death. if you wouldn't mind sending me the information as well. I would appreciate it. [email protected]

Thanks,
Doug

markandsmantha
Hello Larry...We are having

Hello Larry...We are having the exact same problem. We have a Mitsubishi WS 65513 TV. Could you please send us the file also? Thank you so much!

[email protected]

Fr0st
Thank you Larry I got my tv

Thank you Larry I got my tv working last night by changing out the 7 capacitors. An 8 dollar fix Thank you again.

dalew702
hi Larry i have a ws65711

hi Larry i have a ws65711 with th green light problem also i would greatly appreciate your help also could you send me the info too. thank you so much

dalew702
hi larry i have a ws65711

hi larry i have a ws65711 with the green flashing light also please help

GrandMaster01
Larry Dillon can you please

Larry Dillon can you please send me the instructions? I already had a tech come out and he chareged me $450.00, ouch!
But I want to be able to fix it myself the next time.
Thanks!

[email protected]

dalew702
dalew702 said:

dalew702 said:
hi larry i have a ws65711 with the green flashing light also please help        

i am sorry [email protected] thank you

SmileAlways
Larry: It seems that you are

Larry: It seems that you are the Flashing Green Light guru. My model is the MIts. HDTV 1080 series. I appreciate any information you can pass my way. This happened once before about two weeks ago and miraculously fixed itself. But it happened again last night and no such luck yet. I thank you in advance.

tle1065
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
I wonder if you already sent the information for my TV model 52825G Mits? Apreciate for your help! Please send to: [email protected]
Thanks

dalew702
Larry Dillon said: send it to

Larry Dillon said: send it to where?!!?

[email protected] thank you so much for your help larry

Mastone
Hey all,

Hey all,
Thought I would share my experience with everyone. I have a VT-65711 that had the blinking green light of death and fixed it for $13. I have a bit of experience with soldering to circuit boards but not much. I recieved the service manual but it didn't offer a whole lot of help. Before doing this repair I would recommend making sure that it isn't a fuse that is blown on a circuit board. There are "maps" inside the case to where the fuses are.

Here is what I did: Take off the back panel to get to circuitry. Pull out the DM module that is the metal box on the left side. You'll need to unhook three cables to the main circuit board(s). Open the DM Module, about 10 or 12 screws. You will find a small circuit board inside labelled "Power Module" (if I remember correctly). On this board there are seven capacitors. All the capacitors appeared to be good, no distortion or anything (I decided to replace them anyway). I unsoldered them and soldered on new ones. I got the new ones from a local electronics distributor, RadioShack didn't carry them. They cost me a whole $13. Then put the whole thing back together and viola my TV (which I got for free) works like new.

Good Luck everyone. I'd be happy to help as much as I can.

Shaun R
Larry,

Larry,

I have a WS-65869. The power went out this morning and when it came back on the timer light was flashing rapidly and the tv won't turn on. Can you send me any info that might help. [email protected]

ccamp
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
If you wouldn't mind, could you please send me the green light fix too? I've got a WS 65711 that just started blinking. My e-mail address is [email protected].

Thanks!

Tim777
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
My 55859 just started blinking after a power outage. I tried unplugging and plugging back in but the blinking doesn't go away. Any help on repairs would be much appreciated. E-Mail: [email protected]

Thanks

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore