Mitsubishi WS-65711 HDTV Green Blinking Light

1107 posts / 0 new
Last post
MVerbois
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

No luck. The screen is completely black (I am assuming this is where I would see the code). Still just getting a double flash for ten times which is different from the continuous flashing light I get when I try the reset button.

Thanks, Mark

VideoSculptor
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
This problem could be a bad DM board.  If you are handy or knows anyone who is, and they can solder, I have an instructional file that will show you how to take out the DM board, find the bad parts, and even give you a source where to get the parts. There are even pictures included!  Now once you get this apart, and the capacitors look good, check the capacitors, or have them checked.  I have seen in a few cases where some folks have only replaced the capacitors that looked bad.  If this does not fix your problem, you will need to have a pro come out and check out your TV set..  If you do not have a clue what you are doing, please play it safe and call in a tech.  If this board is indeed bad, the repair should not eceed 1000 bucks.  If you want this file, leave an e-mail address and i will forwar it to you.  Remember, there is a possibility that there is another problem with your TV set, but this has fixed over 65% of the peoples TV sets that I have shared this file with.  Good Luck, and let us know if this helps you.

Larry,

I'd like to take a crack at fixing my WS-65813...same symptoms, bad storm lastnight, TV is on a surge protector, got up this AM and no picture, blinking green light.  I'd be very appreciative for any help you can provide.  In a past life, I used to make a living building and fixing PC boards...I think I can handle changing out a few caps.

Thanks in advance for your help,

VideoSculptor

[email protected] 

gmanona
Larry, could you please help.

Larry, could you please help. We have a Mitsu WS-73713 from 2004 and we have the flashing green light. This happened a few weeks ago and with the power on overnight it came back. But now the dreaded flashing is back again. My husband has tried to open the back and it looks different than anything else we could find online.
My email is [email protected]. Thanks in advance for all your help.

droyal
I'm having the same blinking

I'm having the same blinking green light problem with my ws-55859 can you please email the fix docs

MVerbois
HI Larry,

HI Larry,

I know you had not advised it yet but I went ahead and replaced all seven capicitors on the DM board just hoping that might fix the problem. After replacing them and powering the TV up again, the green light flashed for 30seconds or so (similar to when the TV is reset) and stopped. I tried turning it on and it is doing the same thing where there is nothing on the screen and the TV turns off automatically after 3-4 seconds. Any ideas on this?

Thanks...Mark

droyal
Larry Dillon said: Where do I

Larry Dillon said: Where do I e-mail them to?

sorry,  [email protected]  thanks

Ron Repking (not verified)
GBL (GrnBlnkLght)Updates....

GBL (GrnBlnkLght)Updates....

Larry, I did it......I Think. First attempt to replace (7)DM Board caps did nothing for my WS-65611. Next, determined Pico Fuses F9A04 and F9A05 had no OHm reading, thus replaced both fuses as well as IC8C01 convergence IC as you've suggested. Whooala!!!...my WS-65611 finally awoke from a 3 mnth nap & as beautiful as ever......Although maybe short-lived. After powering down set the same night, still have the GBL. I've also noticed blink sequence has accelerated. I've since disconnected it from the wall outlet and chasing down suggestions.
Your thoughts OB-1?
Best, William

Larry Dillon
Does the green ligh stop

Does the green ligh stop flashing after about 70 seconds or so, then when you hit the power button it starts to flash again?

Ron Repking (not verified)
Plugged unit back into wall.

Plugged unit back into wall. Blinked for the standard 30 sec or so then stopped. Powered ON unit for now an approx 1 hr.....and no blinking light. Obviously pleased with this but should I expect intermittent issues? Your thoughts...

MVerbois
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Thought I would take one last shot with you before I called the repair folks. I have the WS65611 where the green light comes on for about 3 seconds and then turns off again. There is no sign of life from the screen. Prior to this issue the color on the screen would sometimes bleed out but turning the unit off and on again would at least fix this temporarily. I went ahead and replaced all seven caps on the DM board in hopes this would fix the issue but the same issue persists. Can you give me any more advice? I did hold the device/menu button but it just gives me a double green light flash for a number of seconds before turning off again. Thanks........Mark

Larry Dillon
Check the pico fuses, F9A04

Check the pico fuses, F9A04 and F9A05, if any one of them are not good or show any continuity, Repalace the convergence amp IC. then replace the pico fuses.

MVerbois
Larry....thanks! Would you

Larry....thanks! Would you happen to have a diagram that shows where these are located? If so my email is [email protected]. Thanks for your continued help!

MrATCS
I have a ws65711. It will not

I have a ws65711. It will not turn on. I have tried the reset, but it just blinks then nothing. Can you'll send me a copy of the procedures to repair my TV. My email is [email protected]. Thanks......

Larry Dillon
Sure can! They are on their

Sure can! They are on their way to you. Good Luck

ronusn
Ok, I was hoping that I could

Ok, I was hoping that I could get those files to diagnose the green light of death.
I have a WS-55909.

thanks

murleyj
Larry,

Larry,

I have a WS-65713 and have just started experiencing the blinking green light.

I have been reading the forum and have noticed you had some pics and instructions on how to possibly fix this problem. I am fairly good at following instructions and believe I could do this repair if my caps are indeed swollen and bad.

Could you please forward the info on the fix to me at [email protected]

Thanks,
John

Maritan
Larry - Someone is willing to

Larry - Someone is willing to sell a WS-65611 for $500 to me. The TV still has 9 months or so of warranty left with Fry's Electronics. Seller says TV is in good condition and that he has had no issues with it.

Is this a good deal? Also, just so I have it, can you please send me any repair information for any issues with the WS-65611 to maritan at gmail dot com please?

Thanks in advance.

baalan
Hi Larry. I'm not sure about

Hi Larry. I'm not sure about posting in this forum but I'll give it a try. I have a WS65311 and can't find any posts for this set. My set suddenly turned itself off. When trying to turn it back on it turns off after a couple of seconds with a click. The troubleshoot code says 23(horizontal deflection failure). I have the schematics /service manual but I have no idea where to start. Can you help me out?

Larry Dillon
I really wish I could, this

I really wish I could, this falure could be due to a bad horizontal output transistor, bad solder connections on or around the flyback or driver transformer, or perhaps a problem in the sweep power supply, a bad capacitor. There are no distinct problems with these sets that i can recall for that code. Good luck why are you ntrying to fix it yourself if you have an extended warranty? Dont't mess with the set, the warranty will be voided if you do.

baalan
The set is from around 2001

The set is from around 2001/02. Warranty has expired. Thanks for the suggestions. At least it's a place to start.

Millertime888
Hi Larry, I have the WS-65711

Hi Larry, I have the WS-65711 Diamond I was wondering if you could send me the step by step manual for the blinking green light fix thanks. my email is [email protected]

Larry Dillon
it is nOT for the power

it is nOT for the power supply but for the DM module repair. This is the issue with the flashing green light after the plug is unplugged or you lose power and the light keeps flashing.

Millertime888
If you could send the fix

If you could send the fix that would be great. [email protected] - thank you so much :)

allstar582
Hi it seems i have caught the

Hi it seems i have caught the green light sickness as well. any chance i can get the instructions? im pretty handy. thanks. [email protected]

THavie
Just became a victim of the

Just became a victim of the green light flu on a WS-65711 Diamond. Would it be possible to get the instructions sent to me? [email protected]

Thanks,
Tim

Jimax
My WS55909 also has the

My WS55909 also has the blinking gren light problem. Larry - could you send me the instructions for the fix? Thanks

Jim

[email protected]

punkn26
Yes, we just moved and are

Yes, we just moved and are also having the same issue with our Mits. Larry would you please send me over the instructions also? This seems to be a common problem. Email is [email protected]. Thanks

Jimax
Larry Dillon said: On it's

Larry Dillon said: On it's way to you. Good Luck!

Larry - I did not receive the instructions for the Mitsubishi WS55909 blinking green light.  Maybe ATT blocked it.  Anyway can you resend to both my ATT account and my alternate e-mail address.  Thanks

Jim

[email protected]

[email protected]

ajskhan
I have a 55" Mitsubishi, I

I have a 55" Mitsubishi, I believe its the WS-55859or WS-55909, if you could shoot me an email of the fix that would be great.
ajskhan at gmail dot com.

DnJSharp
OK we have a Mitsubishi WS

OK we have a Mitsubishi WS-55613 with the wonderful green strobe. If it were brighter it would be a blast at dance parties. However, it is too dim, so I think I'll go ahead and try to get the TV to work! Mr. Dillon PLEASE send us the file we need to identify the correct DM board and replace what is blown. Also, would you please send us the supplier you mentioned in your first post of this thread? I have a nice hot soldering gun so I should be able to get the components soldered quickly enough to avoid getting too much heat to the component. I do have considerable experience soldering but don't even have a multimeter right now ... I'm gonna need one though, aren't I?

Thanks for all you do,
Don and Jen
[email protected]

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore