Mitsubishi WS-65711 HDTV Green Blinking Light

1107 posts / 0 new
Last post
jsaetveit
After a power outage, we have

After a power outage, we have the flashing green light. We have the WS-55909. It is nice to know we aren't the only ones and that there might be a fix. Would you send the fix to me, Larry? Thanks!!! [email protected]

steve nixon
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
After moving, i turned on my Ws-65813 and got the blinking green light...could you send me the fix? If you got a quarter for each time you sent this you would be a wealthy man :)

[email protected]

alexxx
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,

Wow ur definatly the tv guy i see. Your honestly a really good man helping all these ppl get there tvs fixed. I have a problem with mine. Its the ws 55805.
This is whats wrong with it. I push the power and it binks the green light, than seems to try to power but from looking from the back the very far right lamp, seems to have like a static shock, and the tv automatically shuts down. The static shock is right under the 3rd far right lamp, it looks like it could be from inside the lamp. Can you please email me the manual to [email protected]
and let me know whats the problem. Thanks larry, ur services are greatly appreciated.

Alex

[email protected]

Rob Hooker
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I too have the "Blinking Light of Death" on my Mitsi WS-55511 (55").

Can you please (pretty please!) send me the repair docs also?

Email: [email protected]

Thanks a bunch!!

Rob

Cherie
Can you please send me the

Can you please send me the fix on the blinking green light and where to purchase the capacitors.

[email protected]

Darrin Edwards
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have the Mitsi WS-55807 and currently it powers up for 1 second then shuts down. If you could email me the repair docs, I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much.

Darrin Edwards
[email protected]

Russell7420
larry, i have the same

larry, i have the same problem with the green flashing light and when it stop's and i push power the light comes on then off please help. thanks russell. my model is ws-65869 and my email is [email protected] thank you verry much.

Tibby
Hey larry

Hey larry

First of all, this fix works great! finally fixed my tv, replaced the caps etc and it worked fantastic - just a warning to those of you doing this, these machines are touchie so you might need to take it apart and put it back together once or twice.

BUT, the power went out 2 nights ago from a bad storm and my tv is back to the green blinking light...

Is there any way i can prevent this from happening? I have my TV on a surge protector. i replaced the caps with the ones from mouser you suggested (they were also great, sent very quick). So now im back to tearing this thing apart for the 4th or 5th time to re-do all the caps again, to just wait for the next power outage?

barlow70
Larry,

Larry,

I have the blinking light of death on my WS65869 can you send me the docs also. Thanks for the support.

[email protected]

Spartan
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I also have a Model WD 52725 with the green blinking light issue (bad DM board). Please send the repair manual and recommendations where to purchase items. I appreciate your help! My e-mail is [email protected].

Okielady
Larry,

Larry,

I have a model WS-65909 and also have that wonderfull blinking green light. Could you please email me the same instructions if that could possibly solve my problem. Thank you
[email protected]

SimiValleyGuy
Larry, from what I can tell

Larry, from what I can tell you are THE MAN. I unfortunately have the blinking green light issue as well (code 22 I guess it's called). Would you please send me what ever info you have for a model WT-42315? [email protected]

Thank you very, very much!
Tony

Larry Dillon
the wt315 does not have a DM

the wt315 does not have a DM board problem BUT could have bad caaps in the main power supply, i do not have a service manual for this tav set but you can find one online, hn maybe i can help uoi but you listd ttwodiffernt modeld eiyh your post, the wt 4235,the 65711, and the what one is it??

kayleigh0302
larry, i have mits ws55311

larry, i have mits ws55311 with green light blinking 3 times then going off. Info initially seemed to lead me to dm/capacitors but after reading your info I see if probably was pico fuses/ic conv, I found everything and tested fuses there was no reading on Multimeter for 00 and 05 so I guess they are bad, I do have 2 of the IC not one as you indicated in another post. I want to remove the pcb power/pcb main boards, where the fuses and ic conv are located so I can take them to someone who can soder these. I am unable to get someone to come to my home. my problem is I can't pull out the chassis and am unsure how to remove boards. I have service manual for my v20c chassis found 2 clips on side and one screw in middle but other than 2 large bolts on either side holding down the light assembly I can't figure out how to slide chassis out. any help please send [email protected] thanks.....

SimiValleyGuy
Larry, first up TY for

Larry, first up TY for looking into this for me. I could use all the help I can get. The back of the TV says model WT-42315. I do have the user guide but I do not have the service guide. When I hold down the two buttons on the front panel (I believe it is Input and Menu but I could be mistaken) Either way, after holding the buttons for several seconds the TV blinks twice, pauses, then blinks twice again. After a long pause it repeats this sequence three times or so. I thought the 2-2 blinking lights was a short which lead me to believe the power supply or the caps. We have horrid power spikes where I live and I'm sure something just fried this last round when we had several power spikes and sags in a row when the TV went out. Hope that clarifies things a bit.

Tony ([email protected])

Okielady
Larry,

Larry,
I have a mits model ws65909 and I also had a power surge and the tv never came back on just continue to have the continuous blinking green light. I have read the other posts and would like for you to please send me the repair docs. Thank you very much. My email address is [email protected]

gkofron
Larry,

Larry,
I have a Mits WS65712 with the same blinkning light problem. It used to happen when I lost power. I would unplug everything for a few hours to a few days and it would be ok. But this time it just wouldn't turn on with no power interruption that I know of. It has been over a week and it still just flashes continously. Can you please send me the repair documents? Thank you. My email is [email protected]

bc92065
Larry Dillon said: This

Larry Dillon said: This problem could be a bad DM board.  If you are handy or knows anyone who is, and they can solder, I have an instructional file that will show you how to take out the DM board, find the bad parts, and even give you a source where to get the parts. There are even pictures included!  Now once you get this apart, and the capacitors look good, check the capacitors, or have them checked.  I have seen in a few cases where some folks have only replaced the capacitors that looked bad.  If this does not fix your problem, you will need to have a pro come out and check out your TV set..  If you do not have a clue what you are doing, please play it safe and call in a tech.  If this board is indeed bad, the repair should not eceed 1000 bucks.  If you want this file, leave an e-mail address and i will forwar it to you.  Remember, there is a possibility that there is another problem with your TV set, but this has fixed over 65% of the peoples TV sets that I have shared this file with.  Good Luck, and let us know if this helps you.

Larry,

I have the same problem. mits ws65711/flashing green light. Please send file to [email protected]

dirkdig
Hi there, i have an '02 ws

Hi there, i have an '02 ws-55909. do you know where i can buy a new dm board? i had a repairman tell me that he can send in my old one to rebuild for $450, and he seems like a very hard working honest repairman, but i'd rather not get a rebuild if i can buy a new one. thanks,
Dan

dirkdig
Hi there, i have an '02 ws

Hi there, i have an '02 ws-55909. do you know where i can buy a new dm board? i had a repairman tell me that he can send in my old one to rebuild for $450, and he seems like a very hard working honest repairman, but i'd rather not get a rebuild if i can buy a new one. thanks,
Dan

Protus
Larry Dillon said: I get them

Larry Dillon said: I get them from HERE http://www.bluestar-online.com/5_AMP_PICO_p/5%20amp%20pico%20fuse.htm

Larry,

Where do you get the Convergence Amp IC and what kind of reading will I get on my multimeter to indicate that the fuses are bad?

Protus
Protus said:

Protus said:

Larry Dillon said: I get them from HERE http://www.bluestar-online.com/5_AMP_PICO_p/5%20amp%20pico%20fuse.htm

Larry, Where do you get the Convergence Amp IC and what kind of reading will I get on my multimeter to indicate that the fuses are bad?

Nevemind,

I read your "Replacing the Convergence AMP IC" article and found the info. I was curious as to why we're replacing this IC?

Dariusz
Larry,

Larry,

I have a WS-65711 model with the blinking light issue. If you could please send me the files. My email is [email protected].

Thanks

Jaye
Larry,

Larry,

I too am a victim of the blinking light. I have a 3 year old Mitsubishi - WD-62825 and after a surge a few months ago my TV locked on the blinking light and will not turn on.

I would appreciate if you could email me instructions on how to change the capacitors, if you think that could also be the problem with my TV.

Please send to [email protected]

Thanks!

MrATCS
Larry Dillon said: No, but

Larry Dillon said: No, but they use China capacitors. Must be too much lead in the paint?  LOL I am sending you the files you should need to complete the repair including the factory service manual so you can not only see how this beast comes a part but also, aft6er you do repair your TV set and save a butt load of cash, You can see how the front screen comes off and you can clean the mirrors and lens. If you would have left an e-mail address. Sorry, my crystal ball is broken. Where would you like it sent? Good Luck.

Larry,

I am one of the many with the same blinking light of death. Would you be so kind as to send me the info so I can attempt to make the repair.    Thank God for the internet and persons like yourself.

Gib      [email protected]

golfnguitarz
Larry - could you please send

Larry - could you please send me the repair info as well. I have Mits WD52725 and am getting the blinking green light with increasing frequency. [email protected]

golfnguitarz
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
This problem could be a bad DM board. If you are handy or knows anyone who is, and they can solder, I have an instructional file that will show you how to take out the DM board, find the bad parts, and even give you a source where to get the parts. There are even pictures included! Now once you get this apart, and the capacitors look good, check the capacitors, or have them checked. I have seen in a few cases where some folks have only replaced the capacitors that looked bad. If this does not fix your problem, you will need to have a pro come out and check out your TV set.. If you do not have a clue what you are doing, please play it safe and call in a tech. If this board is indeed bad, the repair should not eceed 1000 bucks. If you want this file, leave an e-mail address and i will forwar it to you. Remember, there is a possibility that there is another problem with your TV set, but this has fixed over 65% of the peoples TV sets that I have shared this file with. Good Luck, and let us know if this helps you.

Larry I have a WD52725 and am getting the blinking light with increasing frequency. Could you also send me the instructions to fix? Thanks.

[email protected]

Sorry for the double post.

Help in need
Larry, I also to have the

Larry, I also to have the blinking green light. It's the 65 in Mitsubishi TV model WS65711, any help would be appreciated. Did not notice a power surge. Ran fine last night and tried to turn it on about 1pm today and just got the flashing light. Tried the soft reset and then unplugged it for about 3 hours but still the blinking green light.I read u had a fix-it problem that would help. thanks, my e-mail is [email protected]

ccovjr
Have the same blinking light

Have the same blinking light prob. Please email me info on how to fix. Thanks

[email protected]

Steve Z
WD-73733 Green Light of Death

WD-73733 Green Light of Death. Can I please get the documents and photos for removing the DM board and replacing the capacitors? Thank you.

[email protected]

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore