Mitsubishi WS-65711 HDTV Green Blinking Light

1107 posts / 0 new
Last post
Navyretired
repairdude said: also there

repairdude said: also there is polarity( + , - ) on these type capacitors , so definately make sure these are installed correctly

Repairdued, resoldered the capacitors and getting the blinking light that comes on and goes off after 60 seconds, but then the power turns off. Which is acutally what it was doing originally, but thought I would go ahead and give the capacitors a shot. Any thoughts? saw an article by Larry Dillon talking about Pico fuses and Covergence module, do you think that may be the case? Specifically States that should not change out any fuses without changing out the Convergence IC's, but this is only for a WS65909, do you have any instructions for the WS65711? or do you think that it might be a fuse on the DM board? any help you can provide would be greatly appreaited! Especially since Super Sunday is just around the corner. Thanks again

William H
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,
Can you please send the info/instructions for a Mitsubishi Diamond HD1080 Model # WS-55711 so I may stop the GFLoD(Green Flashing Light of Death).
[email protected]

Thanks Much
~~William

tle1065
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
I have a Mits WD-52825G with the green timer flashing light. I can't turn on my TV. Please help me to send the needed docs to fix this to my email: [email protected]
Thanks

ptyphoon
We are having the same 'green

We are having the same 'green blinking light' problem with our Mitsubishi WS 55511 TV after a power outage last night. We tried unplugging and resetting to no avail. Could you please send us the file as well?

Thanks so much. [email protected]

Fr0st
Hello Lary I am fortunate

Hello Lary I am fortunate enought to have the blinking lite of death also. my email is [email protected]. If you are still offering the instructions I would very much apreciate it

D.Reed
Larry,

Larry,
Hello, i have a ws55813 diamond series and have the flashing light of death. if you wouldn't mind sending me the information as well. I would appreciate it. [email protected]

Thanks,
Doug

markandsmantha
Hello Larry...We are having

Hello Larry...We are having the exact same problem. We have a Mitsubishi WS 65513 TV. Could you please send us the file also? Thank you so much!

[email protected]

Fr0st
Thank you Larry I got my tv

Thank you Larry I got my tv working last night by changing out the 7 capacitors. An 8 dollar fix Thank you again.

dalew702
hi Larry i have a ws65711

hi Larry i have a ws65711 with th green light problem also i would greatly appreciate your help also could you send me the info too. thank you so much

dalew702
hi larry i have a ws65711

hi larry i have a ws65711 with the green flashing light also please help

GrandMaster01
Larry Dillon can you please

Larry Dillon can you please send me the instructions? I already had a tech come out and he chareged me $450.00, ouch!
But I want to be able to fix it myself the next time.
Thanks!

[email protected]

dalew702
dalew702 said:

dalew702 said:
hi larry i have a ws65711 with the green flashing light also please help        

i am sorry [email protected] thank you

SmileAlways
Larry: It seems that you are

Larry: It seems that you are the Flashing Green Light guru. My model is the MIts. HDTV 1080 series. I appreciate any information you can pass my way. This happened once before about two weeks ago and miraculously fixed itself. But it happened again last night and no such luck yet. I thank you in advance.

tle1065
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
I wonder if you already sent the information for my TV model 52825G Mits? Apreciate for your help! Please send to: [email protected]
Thanks

dalew702
Larry Dillon said: send it to

Larry Dillon said: send it to where?!!?

[email protected] thank you so much for your help larry

Mastone
Hey all,

Hey all,
Thought I would share my experience with everyone. I have a VT-65711 that had the blinking green light of death and fixed it for $13. I have a bit of experience with soldering to circuit boards but not much. I recieved the service manual but it didn't offer a whole lot of help. Before doing this repair I would recommend making sure that it isn't a fuse that is blown on a circuit board. There are "maps" inside the case to where the fuses are.

Here is what I did: Take off the back panel to get to circuitry. Pull out the DM module that is the metal box on the left side. You'll need to unhook three cables to the main circuit board(s). Open the DM Module, about 10 or 12 screws. You will find a small circuit board inside labelled "Power Module" (if I remember correctly). On this board there are seven capacitors. All the capacitors appeared to be good, no distortion or anything (I decided to replace them anyway). I unsoldered them and soldered on new ones. I got the new ones from a local electronics distributor, RadioShack didn't carry them. They cost me a whole $13. Then put the whole thing back together and viola my TV (which I got for free) works like new.

Good Luck everyone. I'd be happy to help as much as I can.

Shaun R
Larry,

Larry,

I have a WS-65869. The power went out this morning and when it came back on the timer light was flashing rapidly and the tv won't turn on. Can you send me any info that might help. [email protected]

ccamp
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
If you wouldn't mind, could you please send me the green light fix too? I've got a WS 65711 that just started blinking. My e-mail address is [email protected].

Thanks!

Tim777
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
My 55859 just started blinking after a power outage. I tried unplugging and plugging back in but the blinking doesn't go away. Any help on repairs would be much appreciated. E-Mail: [email protected]

Thanks

Navyretired
Larry,

Larry,
I have a Mitsubishi WS 65711 wuth the dreaded blinking light. Notice that it was taking longer and longer for the picture to come on when we first turned it on, theb today we were watching it and it just went off and the dreaded blinking light came on. Please send pictures and instructions. Thank you so much

Navyretired
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
I have a Mitsubishi WS 65711 with blinking green light, please e mail pictures and instructions. Thank you

[email protected]

A Haack
I to have been plauged with

I to have been plauged with the wonderful green light of death. I've read through most of the posts and already replaced the 4 16V 1000uf caps. I got the baby back together and still have the green light. Are there other sugestions?

A Haack
I have replaced the 4 16v

I have replaced the 4 16v 1000uf caps put the tv back together and still have the green light. Would you email me other hints or instructions for wd 52825?
Thank you
A Haack

tle1065
Hi Ahaack,

Hi Ahaack,
I just had a repair guy came in and pulled the whole chasis out for

tle1065
rebuild the chasis. It takes

rebuild the chasis. It takes 6~8 wks. I don't ahve TV since before X'MAS. I guess you rTV same model as mine. The timer blinking light might not e related to others.

GrandMaster01
Can someone please, please!

Can someone please, please! send me the file for the green blinging light, I have requested it several times and no one will send it to me, its for a 73 Diamond TV.

Thanks!
[email protected]

Blair
Well I have the same green

Well I have the same green blinking light problem. I live in AZ and it went out right in the middle of the Cardinals playoff game - go figure huh! I was able to go out on the patio and watch the game on my wonderful 13

Ethereal_Dragon
double post... opps  

double post... opps

Ethereal_Dragon
Hello all, I have the

Hello all, I have the Mitsubishi WS-65513, and I have this SAME problem. It started on Friday, and I AM TOTALLY BUMMED!!!

Can someone please email me that repair guide so I can try to do the self-repair?
[email protected]

I tried the reset button, and un-plugging to no avail. It was unplugged for over 24 hours and nada.

I REALLY appreciate it!!!!!

dalew702
hi Larry if you could please

hi Larry if you could please send me the fix for the blinking green light it would make my week thank you. haven't seen you on in awhile hope every thing is [email protected],,, ws65711

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore