2603 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
I tried to send the package

I tried to send the package but it says bad e-mail address!?[email protected]

Odie132
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I'm a victim of the green flashing light. I have a Mitsubishi WS-65909. I've successfully replaced caps in an arcade game before and if I can save $$$$ now that would be great! I would greatly appreciate your repair instructions/parts list for this tv.

Thanks

[email protected]

Gil Escalera
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
I tried to send the package but it says bad e-mail address!?[email protected]

Bummer. Frown

[email protected] has been my e-mail address for years, and works fine under most circumstance.

Oh well, thanks for the try.

- Gil

C. H.
Hi Larry, I was able to pull

Hi Larry, I was able to pull out the DM board without any problems. My board had a total of seven capacitors. Should I replace all seven of them. I have Mits WS#65611. Please help.

Thank you,
Chris

Larry Dillon
yes replace all seven of them

yes replace all seven of them, you must have aked for the info under the wrong model mumber forum post? would you like the right info?

C. H.
Larry, would you please send

Larry, would you please send the right info for my Mits. WS65611. I must have asked for info for a different model by mistake. I would like to mention that my TV does come on, it has the rainbow affect. It seems like the green grids/color does not lined up with the blue and the red. There are several green blinking lines in the middle of the screen. Do you still think that the capacitors are the cause of it.

Chris

4x4radio
Larry Dillon said: they do

Larry Dillon said: they do all have the same problem and so will you if you have this model of set.

My WS-65513 does have the identical problem, my request may have got lost in the crowd. If you could please send instructions on the capacitor replacement, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

[email protected]

Hallstar
Larry,Please help! I've got a

Larry,Please help! I've got a WS-55513 with this blinking green light problom. can I get a copy of the manual? Thanks

Hallstar
Larry, Could you please send

Larry, Could you please send me instructions on the capaciter replacement for my Mitsubishi WS-65513 with the blinking green light problom. Thank you. [email protected]

Larry Dillon
I need e-mail addresses to

I need e-mail addresses to send you all anything

Larry Dillon
from what you describe, the

from what you describe, the DM is not your problem but most likely a convergence circuit falure. possibly the F9A04 or the F9A05 fuses, if those are bad,first change the convergence IC.

C. H.
Larry, would you have the

Larry, would you have the diagrams and/or instructions for repairing the convergence circuit failure(F9A04 or F9A05 fuses)? If so, would please send them, plus, the parts number, order form, and where to order it from, to [email protected]. I appreciated greatly for you help and your kindness will not be forgotten. I wish you have a healthy and a prosperous new year.

Thank you so very much,
Chris

Rodny
Rodny said: Hi, I too just

Rodny said: Hi, I too just recevied the green blinking light of death. I was wondering if you could send me a copy of the repair. I have a Mitsubishi Diamond series rear projection television. I think the model number is WS55905. Thank you, Rodny

Larry, 

Sorry, were you able to send the repair?  It is Rodny without an "e" in my email address.

Thanks,

Rodny

greg000
i need the web site to fix my

i need the web site to fix my tv ws65513 ty if you can send it [email protected]

g-dub
larry I too have a ws65513

larry I too have a ws65513 with the constant blinking light. Please send me the manual and instructions on how to fix it. thanks george email [email protected]

Larry Dillon
I need s vslid e-mail address

I need s vslid e-mail address if you wish to get any info.

Ajase
Larry,

Larry,
I have the common WD-52825 blinking green lamp of death problem and was wondering if I caused it myself by not changing the projector lamp when the yellow lamp came on. Or was the yellow lamp an indication that the caps were about to fail? So could you please send me the cap replacement info ([email protected]) and do I need to replace the proj lamp at the same time?
Thanks in advance
Jase

carlo
Hi Larry, Could you please

Hi Larry, Could you please send me instructions on the capacitor replacement for my Mitsubishi WS-65513 with the blinking green light problem.

Thank you.

[email protected]

carlo
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Happy New Year and thanks for helping everybody out. I also have the dreaded green blinking light on my 65 mitsubishi. Could you please e-mail me the instructions on replacing the capacitors. e-mail to [email protected]

thanks,

Niko318
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Can you please e-mail me the intructions as well. Mine just went out last weeks and the kids can't play their new games from Christmas.

Thanks,

[email protected]

Nskar
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

We had a power failure last night and I now have thw same problem with my WS-65513. Can you please send me the repair instructions?

Thank You

Larry Dillon
send them to where man!!??I

send them to where man!!??I am good but not a fortune teller :>)

Nskar
Sorry, my bad.

Sorry, my bad.

Thanks,

[email protected]

fireman_one
have the same problem please

have the same problem please send me the info thanks

carlo
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Sorry to bother you again. I'm still waiting for the instructions.

Thanks. [email protected]

Hogan
Found on another thread:

Found on another thread:

January 2, 2009 3:14 PM

I finally got my TV to work but changing the Capacitors and Thermal sensor didn't do the trick. I figured out the whole problem after reading a Mitsubishi tech manual.

The Problem:
Mits DLP TV has two microprocessors, PC and DM, that communicate with each other. Normally when the TV powers up the DM processor is waiting for a request from the PC processor and communication is established. After a power surge, the boards may lose communication with each other. Each processor sends out a request and waits for a response from the other processor, bad idea. The problem is each board is waiting for a response at the same time. Microprocessors can't receive a request when it sending a request. So either processor get the request cause they both sending out a request at the same time then listen at the same time. If the processors don't get a response, they reset each other, even worse idea. The reset put the processors right back where they started. This is why the front reset button does not work. THE MICROPROCESSORS HAVE A TIMING CYCLE PROBLEM WHICH IS COMMON IN DIGITAL CIRCUITS AFTER A POWER SURGE OR BAD SHUTDOWN, WHICH IS WHY THIS AFFECTS SO MANY DIFFERENT MODELS. Mitsubishi should of never allowed both microprocessors the ability to reset the other. Only one processor should be able to reset the other and the other processor should always be waiting for a request after communication loss.

The Solution:
1. Power the TV on and wait for the blinking green light to stop.
2. Press input and menu at the same time and make sure you have error code 12
If you don't get this error code you have a different problem.
3. Press all the front panel buttons on the TV one at a time, except the reset button and power button.
This sends a system command to one of the processors and interrupts the processors from waiting for a response. After the processor is done with the system command request, it sends a request to the other processor that is waiting.
4. Hit the power button on the TV and it should fire up.
If it doesn't work repeat step 3 and 4 several times. When the processor was done with the system command request, it sent a request to the other processor but the other processor was sending a request too. The trick is to get the processors off the same timing pattern. If after several times it didn't work you probably need to replace the caps since the power surge burned them out.

Misc:
Some people change their caps and get the TV to work and some don't. The microprocessors continue to be hung up after you unplug the TV because the caps act as batteries. The microprocessors still have a timing problem because the processors never stop working. These microprocessors are low power which means these caps can keep them powered up for days. This is why some people get their TV to work after days of sitting in the corner, unplugged. If you remove good caps from the DM board, the TV might fire up because you removed the processors power supply on the DM board and they are on the correct timing cycle after you changed them.
If you have a power surge and it burns out your caps you get the blinking green light of death. If it didn't burn them out, then you get a timing problem and you get the same blinking green light of death. Therefore, the blinking green light of death can be cause by a timing problem or bad caps or both.

FYI:
Put the TV in low energy mode. This allows the DM processor to shut off when the TV is off. During power up, the DM processor has to wait for a signal from the PC processor. After a power surge, the processors won't care if they lost communication cause the DM processor has to power up from scratch and wait for the PC processor. This should fix any future blinking green light of death.

Good Luck,
Will
Mizzou Engineering Graduate

fireman_one
I need a Mitsubishi tech

I need a Mitsubishi tech manual.can you help please I have a ws-65517 I don't know the caps to replace I'm disable and can't aford someone to fix my tv I need help I have repaired radios in the service so I can change out parts.I need help on knolage on the tv and problems that can couse the blinking light thanks

Leslie Butler
Larry I seem to be having the

Larry I seem to be having the same problem as alot of people with the Mitsubishi WS 65513 flashing green light. I have tried resetting several times and even leaving it alone for a week and it still want quit blinking. I noticed you talking about fixes for this and some kind of instructions. Can you please send it to me. My email is [email protected]

Thanks

greg000
i still put the caps in and

i still put the caps in and it still dont work

CJO
Hogan said: Found on another

Hogan said: Found on another thread: January 2, 2009 3:14 PM I finally got my TV to work but changing the Capacitors and Thermal sensor didn't do the trick. I figured out the whole problem after reading a Mitsubishi tech manual. The Problem: Mits DLP TV has two microprocessors, PC and DM, that communicate with each other. Normally when the TV powers up the DM processor is waiting for a request from the PC processor and communication is established. After a power surge, the boards may lose communication with each other. Each processor sends out a request and waits for a response from the other processor, bad idea. The problem is each board is waiting for a response at the same time. Microprocessors can't receive a request when it sending a request. So either processor get the request cause they both sending out a request at the same time then listen at the same time. If the processors don't get a response, they reset each other, even worse idea. The reset put the processors right back where they started. This is why the front reset button does not work. THE MICROPROCESSORS HAVE A TIMING CYCLE PROBLEM WHICH IS COMMON IN DIGITAL CIRCUITS AFTER A POWER SURGE OR BAD SHUTDOWN, WHICH IS WHY THIS AFFECTS SO MANY DIFFERENT MODELS. Mitsubishi should of never allowed both microprocessors the ability to reset the other. Only one processor should be able to reset the other and the other processor should always be waiting for a request after communication loss. The Solution: 1. Power the TV on and wait for the blinking green light to stop. 2. Press input and menu at the same time and make sure you have error code 12 If you don't get this error code you have a different problem. 3. Press all the front panel buttons on the TV one at a time, except the reset button and power button. This sends a system command to one of the processors and interrupts the processors from waiting for a response. After the processor is done with the system command request, it sends a request to the other processor that is waiting. 4. Hit the power button on the TV and it should fire up. If it doesn't work repeat step 3 and 4 several times. When the processor was done with the system command request, it sent a request to the other processor but the other processor was sending a request too. The trick is to get the processors off the same timing pattern. If after several times it didn't work you probably need to replace the caps since the power surge burned them out. Misc: Some people change their caps and get the TV to work and some don't. The microprocessors continue to be hung up after you unplug the TV because the caps act as batteries. The microprocessors still have a timing problem because the processors never stop working. These microprocessors are low power which means these caps can keep them powered up for days. This is why some people get their TV to work after days of sitting in the corner, unplugged. If you remove good caps from the DM board, the TV might fire up because you removed the processors power supply on the DM board and they are on the correct timing cycle after you changed them. If you have a power surge and it burns out your caps you get the blinking green light of death. If it didn't burn them out, then you get a timing problem and you get the same blinking green light of death. Therefore, the blinking green light of death can be cause by a timing problem or bad caps or both. FYI: Put the TV in low energy mode. This allows the DM processor to shut off when the TV is off. During power up, the DM processor has to wait for a signal from the PC processor. After a power surge, the processors won't care if they lost communication cause the DM processor has to power up from scratch and wait for the PC processor. This should fix any future blinking green light of death. Good Luck, Will Mizzou Engineering Graduate

Would you have any information on setting the convergence.  I have a consumer electronics technician background (although it has been a while) and have experience doing convergence on projection sets.  I also have a test pattern generator with crosshatch pattern.  Does this set have a board with convergence controls or is it done electronically?  If electronically, how do i access the programming?

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore