Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light

2603 posts / 0 new
Last post
Monty72
Larry -

Larry -

Hello!

We had power outages a little while ago and since then, my Mits 55" tv has not been the same.  Since I have a surge protector, I originally thought that the digital cable box was to blame for the eternal blinking green timer light.  On occasion, the digital box would reboot and then my tv would start the timer all over again.   Now, I have a new digital box and the tv is still blinking.

Can you send the instructions for the capicitor replacement to my email.  I guess that is my next step.

Thank you.

Smig
Larry,

Larry,
Same problem. Can you email the information too @ [email protected]

Craig843
I too have the infamous green

I too have the infamous green blinking light on my Mitsubishi WS-65513. Please forward the docs to [email protected]. I'm an experienced solderer and my wife is a professional solderer, so between the two of us we should be able to accomplish this task. Your help is greatly appreciated.

richierich
Sounds like a broken record

Sounds like a broken record here...but I have the same problem too. I am very experience with the solder iron and would really appreciate it if you could send me the information you have for this fix.

Thanks!

[email protected]

jcana
HI Larry, could you send

HI Larry, could you send instructions to replace those bad convergence IC's on my WS 55513

Heath
Larry,

Larry,
I have the oppurtunity to get a 65

jack c
I have the same problem with

I have the same problem with the blinking green light on my Mitsubishi 55511. I lost my manual and do not know where to locate the four capacitors that would need replacing. Can you send me info?

thanks

jack

Larry Dillon
there are seven caps you need

there are seven caps you need to replace Jack but how can I send it to you?? I cannot read between the lines and guess whaere or what your e-mail is???

jack c
Larry

Larry

Jack here. I need the information on the 7 caps that need to be replaced. Sorry about that here is my email [email protected]

thanks jack

richierich
Larry,

Larry,

I have the same issue with the green blinking light on our WS65513. Can you please forward me the instructions so I can repair! Thank you!

[email protected]

Greg B
I have removed the dm board

I have removed the dm board with the 7 caps on but the problem now is where can I find the caps? I called my local tv repair that specializes in big screen repair but they wont repair just the board they want the tv and $800. I tried radio schac, frys electronics etc..any suggestions

Leslie Butler
I'm confused I thought there

I'm confused I thought there were only 4 that needed to be replaced. I got mine at mouser.com

bink204
if you could please email the

if you could please email the instructions for this type of repair, thanks.
[email protected]

kissek
Larry,

Larry,

I am having the blinking light of death, would you be able to send me the instructions on how to replace the cap's on the DM board??

Thanks for your time.

sallysmith
Larry,

Larry,
I have the same issue with blinking green light on my Mitsubish. I would appreciate the instructions to replace the capacitors.
[email protected]

mikeo1
I moved to Missouri about 2

I moved to Missouri about 2 weeks ago and I also had the same blinking lite. I took the back of the tv off and used my wifes blow dryer and after the set was heated up it took care of the problum

Gary Smith
Larry, Same blinking light

Larry, Same blinking light problem here also. Please send the fix. Super Bowl Sunday is coming and my party is in jeopardy. My email is [email protected].

Thanks

Greg B
I am following the procedure

I am following the procedure Larry suggested by replacing the 7 caps on the DM board. I contacted Mouser.com and they have the exact CAPS for get this....42 cents each! I was expecting at least $10.00 each and was scared they would be more based on the repair quote the local TV repair shop gave me to repair the TV for $800.00 The DM board is easly removed and you need to be extremely careful touching anything in the back of the set especially if it has been turned on recently. There is a way to discharge the stored high voltage that stays in the componets for quite a while. I am waiting for the CAPS to arrive via UPS. I am not the best with soldering so I am looking around at the different busineses to find some one who can do the job and not RAPE me with a repair job that is nothing short of robbery. I will keep you all posted as to if this is the correct fix for my "Blinking Greeg Light" hopefully before the superbowl

Gary Smith
Larry Dillon said: If you are

Larry Dillon said: If you are handy, and can solder, you may be able to save about 700 bucks if not more. There is a very common problem with these Mitsubishi TV sets. There is a digital board inside these puppies called the DM board. A lot of times there are four capacitors that go bad inside of these TV sets. Sometimes, depending on how bad the capacitors are, and if the capacitors did not blow out anything else on the Dm board, you can simply replace these four capacitors and this will fix your TV set. The average that this works on is about 65 to 70 % of the sets can be repaired with this fix. The others are power supply issues or the DM board has other issues. If you would like to attempt to repair your TV set, I will send you the instructions on how to do so.  If you do not know how to solder well, do not attempt to replace the capacitors yourself. Pay a pro to do this for you. After all you are already saving a bundle of cash. Leave an e-mail address, and I will forward you the fix with and without the light engine. And if the capacitors inside the board are not swollen on the tops, as the direction shows you what they look like, change the capcitors anyway. I have had a few that looked good but the capacitors were on their way out. Good Luck

HI Larry, I had a power outage and now have the blinking green light on my Mitsubishi WS55909. Is it the same fix for this unit?  If so, please email it to [email protected].  My Superbowl party is in the lurch.

Thanks,
Gary Smith

Odie132
Does anyone have the

Does anyone have the capacitor info? I am looking to order them and want to be sure I get the right ones! Thanks in advance

balhog145
larry i have a ws65513 same

larry i have a ws65513 same green light would you email the directions please [email protected] thanks in advance

jay2010
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,
I have a wd 62525 model with same problem. Could you forward instructions
on replacing caps? Thanks

jay2010
Email address hylanderi@aol

Email address [email protected] Thanks

Brian85
Hi Larry:

Hi Larry:

I also have the blinking green light problem, but with a twist. I can unplug it, and after I plug it back in, the light goes out and I can turn the TV on. The TV operates normally as long as I leave it on, but a few hours after I turn it off, the blinking light starts up again. I then have to go through the unplugging process again - I'm not thinking this is going to last forever!
Please email me your fix - I have the service manual (downloaded from Mits).
Thanks a lot. By the way, does Samsung have this same problem?

Brian
[email protected]

ptyphoon
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

We just got the capacitors from digikey today--hoping they are the correct ones. Husband is ready to dust off his soldering gun and tackle the job. Ours is a Mitsubishi WS55511 that developed the blinking green light syndrome after a power outage 2 weeks ago. Please send the repair instructions to: [email protected]. Thank you so much.

Monty72
Larry -

Larry -

Hello!

Please send the instructions for the Mits capacitor replacement to [email protected]

Thank you.

bsmith11
Larry

Larry

My ws65813 came down with the blinking green light of death last weekend. Would very much appreciate your repair instructions! Thanks!

send to [email protected]

Da Chief
Super Larry! Man does Mits

Super Larry! Man does Mits keep you busy just sending out repair info! And I am in the same quandry! LOL! Mine is WD-65833.....infamous blinking green light. Replaced bulb and still does it. Thanks!

[email protected]

Da Chief
Just thougth I wold pass it

Just thougth I wold pass it along

http://mitsubishi-tv.com/support.html..then click warranties...

If you have one of the following models please read below for an important announcement. - WD-52631, WD-57731, WD-65731, WD-Y57, WD-Y65, WD-57732, WD-65732, WD-57831, WD-65831 It has come to our attention that a limited number of DLP® Projection Televisions are displaying a false message, "TV will shut down in a few seconds. Please check if the air flow is blocked," and then the TV shuts off. This message is being caused by a loose connection and may be easily corrected through one of our Authorized Service Centers. As part of our commitment to quality and customer satisfaction, MDEA is announcing an extension of the warranty coverage to replace the thermal sensor for the above referenced models. For a period of two additional years beyond the one year limited warranty, MDEA will cover the cost of the thermal sensor (parts and labor) at no charge. All other terms of the MDEA limited warranty will continue to apply.
If you have one of the following models please read below for an important announcement - WD-73727, WD-73827, WD-73927, WD-73732, WD-73831. It has come to our attention that a limited number of these DLP¨ Projection Televisions may have performance issues related to the Optical Engine used in these sets. As part of our commitment to quality and customer satisfaction, MDEA is announcing an extension of the warranty coverage applicable to the Optical Engine for the models listed above. For a period of two additional years beyond the one year limited warranty, MDEA will cover the cost of repair or replacing the Optical Engine (parts and labor) at no charge to you. The Lamp is not part of the Optical Engine; therefore, replacement of the Lamp is excluded from this extended warranty. All other terms and conditions of the MDEA limited warranty will continue to apply.

bsmith11
Da Chief said: Just thougth I

Da Chief said: Just thougth I wold pass it along http://mitsubishi-tv.com/support.html..then click warranties... If you have one of the following models please read below for an important announcement. - WD-52631, WD-57731, WD-65731, WD-Y57, WD-Y65, WD-57732, WD-65732, WD-57831, WD-65831 It has come to our attention that a limited number of DLP® Projection Televisions are displaying a false message, "TV will shut down in a few seconds. Please check if the air flow is blocked," and then the TV shuts off. This message is being caused by a loose connection and may be easily corrected through one of our Authorized Service Centers. As part of our commitment to quality and customer satisfaction, MDEA is announcing an extension of the warranty coverage to replace the thermal sensor for the above referenced models. For a period of two additional years beyond the one year limited warranty, MDEA will cover the cost of the thermal sensor (parts and labor) at no charge. All other terms of the MDEA limited warranty will continue to apply. If you have one of the following models please read below for an important announcement - WD-73727, WD-73827, WD-73927, WD-73732, WD-73831. It has come to our attention that a limited number of these DLP¨ Projection Televisions may have performance issues related to the Optical Engine used in these sets. As part of our commitment to quality and customer satisfaction, MDEA is announcing an extension of the warranty coverage applicable to the Optical Engine for the models listed above. For a period of two additional years beyond the one year limited warranty, MDEA will cover the cost of repair or replacing the Optical Engine (parts and labor) at no charge to you. The Lamp is not part of the Optical Engine; therefore, replacement of the Lamp is excluded from this extended warranty. All other terms and conditions of the MDEA limited warranty will continue to apply.

Thanks.  The Optical Engine in our WD-73927 died after 18 months.  Mitsu refused to repair as out of 12 month warranty - this is on top of the line $6500 TV, you don't expect to spend nearly $2000 to repair a TV less than 2 years old!  .  Now per your update they indicate on their website warranty is extended to 3 years.  I called to seek reimbusement for the $1800 repair after seeing your update.  I was told I could not be reimbursed.  I asked what "MDEA will cover the cost of repair or replacing the Optical Engine (parts and labor) at no charge to you" means - they said a supervisor will call me back next week... We'll see what happens.

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore