Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light

2603 posts / 0 new
Last post
CJO
Larry, with regards to the 4

Larry, with regards to the 4 capacitor fix, you mentioned that the capacitors should be high temp and not inexpensive ones. How do i know if i have the correct ones? Others have mentioned going to Radio Shack. Is this a viable source?

CJO
Larry,

Larry,
i have a WS-55513 with the blinking green light. You mentioned the fix with the 4 capacitors on the DM module and that we should take care to get the high temp capacitors. You also cautioned about getting cheap ones. Others mentioned going to Radio Shack. How can we tell if we get the proper quality cap if we pick them up at a local electronic retailer?

Potroast
I was able to successfully

I was able to successfully revive my TV with the instructions Larry provided. Thanks Larry.

The caps shouldn't need to be a high-temp (ceramic) variety. The DM board is wrapped in an aluminum case with no cooling fan and the board doesn't even have a heat-sink on it, so I can't imagine that board gets that hot. I used the standard 1000uF electrolytic 35V cap from Radio Shack ($1.19 EA.). I tested the unit while I still had it apart in the back, and there were no issues after running it for 8 hours straight with the new caps.

CJO
Thanks for the help!!! I

Thanks for the help!!! I pulled the DM board and the caps are swollen. i just wanted to be sure that i had the correct replacements before moving forward. Much appreciated!!

mr1niceguy
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,

I have a Mitsubishi Diamond WS65909 with the same blinking light problem. It happened a few times and last time I held enter and device for 30 seconds and it worked, but nothing I try this time works. Is there some way you could help?

Thanks,

RJ

Anthony 7
Hey guys, my prior post a

Hey guys, my prior post a few days back....3 months ago I had a blinking green light that only started to blink when I pushed the power button to turn it on, then it would blink green for about 5 seconds and go dark, set would not turn on. Had TV repair guy come out, replaced something in the convergence power circuit, cost about $440 including over half of that for the part. Well 3 months later, the blinking green light of death appeared after I unplugged the TV for a few minutes to move some things around and plugged it back in. This time the green light (timer light on front) immediately began to blink continuously after just plugging it in and would not stop, set would not turn on. TV repair guy did the procedure outlined in previous posts, replacing all 7 capacitors on my DM board, cleaned up a few other solder connections on the board, was done in an hour and cost me $220 more...I guess it pays to have a good honest TV guy, just like a car mechanic. This is hopefully the last repair on this beast...By the way, he said once any of the bulbs go I can forget it and buy a new TV as the cost & labor is too much for the value of the set. I have original bulbs still going after 7 years on a 65 inch Diamond projection set. He said you can't replace just one and have an even picture, as they burn in at the same rate and I won't be happy, and costs over a $1000 to replace all three. Anyone have experience replacing these bulbs on their own?

Anthony 7
mapmoney said: Hey guys, my

mapmoney said: Hey guys, my prior post a few days back....3 months ago I had a blinking green light that only started to blink when I pushed the power button to turn it on, then it would blink green for about 5 seconds and go dark, set would not turn on. Had TV repair guy come out, replaced something in the convergence power circuit, cost about $440 including over half of that for the part. Well 3 months later, the blinking green light of death appeared after I unplugged the TV for a few minutes to move some things around and plugged it back in. This time the green light (timer light on front) immediately began to blink continuously after just plugging it in and would not stop, set would not turn on. TV repair guy did the procedure outlined in previous posts, replacing all 7 capacitors on my DM board, cleaned up a few other solder connections on the board, was done in an hour and cost me $220 more...I guess it pays to have a good honest TV guy, just like a car mechanic. This is hopefully the last repair on this beast...By the way, he said once any of the bulbs go I can forget it and buy a new TV as the cost & labor is too much for the value of the set. I have original bulbs still going after 7 years on a 65 inch Diamond projection set. He said you can't replace just one and have an even picture, as they burn in at the same rate and I won't be happy, and costs over a $1000 to replace all three. Anyone have experience replacing these bulbs on their own?

P.S. everyone...the capacitors showed NO signs of being swollen or any other unusual feature. He checked them all and found several of  them were bad before he did the switchover of all seven.

rick25
I have a VS-60111 that has

I have a VS-60111 that has the blinking green timer light but this model obviously has a different DM module as I see no module encased in a metal enclosure. Does anyone have a fix for the VS-60111 Mitsubishi model?

dropndristroy21659
I have a 55", WS series tv. I

I have a 55", WS series tv. I seem to be having the same problem with the green light on the front of the screen. It flashes and the reset button doesent doesent have an affect to this problem. Could you please send me the repair manual for this tv? My email is [email protected]. Thanks

Rob 

mhdena
Hi, I have the blinking light

Hi, I have the blinking light on my 55859, please send me the fix
[email protected]

Thanks so much
Milt

Rodny
Hi, I too just recevied the

Hi, I too just recevied the green blinking light of death. I was wondering if you could send me a copy of the repair. I have a Mitsubishi Diamond series rear projection television. I think the model number is WS55905.

Thank you,
Rodny

Hogan
Larry,

Larry,

Good to see you back and posting. I forwarded your instructions to those who asked since 12-22-08. I'll stop now that you are back.

-- Hogan Again

mainor
Larry, after reading several

Larry, after reading several comments, I think we have the same problem with the green blinking light. Could you mail those instructions to me? Thanks, [email protected]

hpchen
Larry,

Larry,

I stumbled through this site, and I have the same problem with my WS-65819. Please send your instruction document to [email protected]

Thank you for your help in advance. I am so excited to get ready for my soldering job...

Paul

Greg B
hi Larry I too have the same

hi Larry I too have the same problem with the flashing green light if you could send me the repair manual that would be super . Thank you so much

Greg B
Hi Larry I have a ws55909

Hi Larry I have a ws55909 with the flashing green light problem. Could you email me a copy of that repair manual thank you so much my email is [email protected]

Chris Barnes
Larry Dillon said: If you are

Larry Dillon said: If you are handy, and can solder, you may be able to save about 700 bucks if not more. There is a very common problem with these Mitsubishi TV sets. There is a digital board inside these puppies called the DM board. A lot of times there are four capacitors that go bad inside of these TV sets. Sometimes, depending on how bad the capacitors are, and if the capacitors did not blow out anything else on the Dm board, you can simply replace these four capacitors and this will fix your TV set. The average that this works on is about 65 to 70 % of the sets can be repaired with this fix. The others are power supply issues or the DM board has other issues. If you would like to attempt to repair your TV set, I will send you the instructions on how to do so.  If you do not know how to solder well, do not attempt to replace the capacitors yourself. Pay a pro to do this for you. After all you are already saving a bundle of cash. Leave an e-mail address, and I will forward you the fix with and without the light engine. And if the capacitors inside the board are not swollen on the tops, as the direction shows you what they look like, change the capcitors anyway. I have had a few that looked good but the capacitors were on their way out. Good Luck

Larry,

I have a Mitsu WD62725 with the infamous blinking timer light.  Are there any known fixes for this issue?  If it's capacitors that need replacing, I can handle that for sure.  Any help is extremely appreciated! 

Thanks!

Chris Barnes   ([email protected])

Phx, AZ

C. H.
After a few outrageous

After a few outrageous estimates i got from a couple of tv repairmen. I stumble onto this page,while surfing on the web. I too got the dreaded green blinking light. I have the Mits WS65513 for less than five years. Larry, would you or someone on this forum please send me the most sought after,repair manual. I would like to try to repair it myself. My Email is [email protected], thank you very much.

C. H.
Not sure if my first posting

Not sure if my first posting went through, I too got the infamous green blinking light. I have Mits Mod. ws65611 for less than five years. Larry or someone on this forum, would you please send me the "how to"/repair manual. Thank you so much.

Chris

4x4radio
Larry,

Larry,

I have a Mitsu. ws-65513 with the dreaded blinking green light. Could you email me a copy of the repair instructions, thank you so much my email is: [email protected]

Thanks, Mike

Chris Barnes
Chris Barnes said:

Chris Barnes said:

Larry Dillon said: If you are handy, and can solder, you may be able to save about 700 bucks if not more. There is a very common problem with these Mitsubishi TV sets. There is a digital board inside these puppies called the DM board. A lot of times there are four capacitors that go bad inside of these TV sets. Sometimes, depending on how bad the capacitors are, and if the capacitors did not blow out anything else on the Dm board, you can simply replace these four capacitors and this will fix your TV set. The average that this works on is about 65 to 70 % of the sets can be repaired with this fix. The others are power supply issues or the DM board has other issues. If you would like to attempt to repair your TV set, I will send you the instructions on how to do so.  If you do not know how to solder well, do not attempt to replace the capacitors yourself. Pay a pro to do this for you. After all you are already saving a bundle of cash. Leave an e-mail address, and I will forward you the fix with and without the light engine. And if the capacitors inside the board are not swollen on the tops, as the direction shows you what they look like, change the capcitors anyway. I have had a few that looked good but the capacitors were on their way out. Good Luck

Larry, I have a Mitsu WD62725 with the infamous blinking timer light.  Are there any known fixes for this issue?  If it's capacitors that need replacing, I can handle that for sure.  Any help is extremely appreciated! Thanks! Chris Barnes Phx, AZ

Sorry, Forgot to include my email address:  [email protected]

thanks!

greg000
I was wondering if you could

I was wondering if you could send me a copy of the repair it a ws65513

Caro
Larry - Same Problem here..

Larry - Same Problem here...was out of town for a few - came back to a green blinking light. Can you please send repair insructions to [email protected] ---- thank you!

Caro
Larry - Same Problem here..

Larry - Same Problem here...was out of town for a few - came back to a green blinking light. Can you please send repair instructions for WS-65613 to [email protected] ---- thank you!

Caro

hpchen
Larry,

Larry,
Please send the repair instruction to: [email protected]
I am ready for the soldering job. Will let y'all know the result.
Thanks.
hpchen

dlessin
Larry:

Larry:

Could you email me the info for the capacitor check.

Thanks,
Daryl

[email protected]

4x4radio
Wow, This is a large number

Wow, This is a large number of people with possibly the same problem.

Larry Dillon
they do all have the same

they do all have the same problem and so will you if you have this model of set.

CJO
i just recently performed the

i just recently performed the repair with the 4 capacitors on the DM module for my brothers WS-55513. It took no more than an hour and it has been working fine for three days now. Thanks for the help!!! I did notice a slight convergence issue. Does this set have an internal cross hatch? Does anyone have the service manual detailing the convergence set up?

Gil Escalera
This is pretty amazing. Just

This is pretty amazing. Just like the original poster, I have the Blinking-Green-Light issue and Googled "Mitsubishi WS65815 green blinking light" and it brought me right here. Wink

After reading through the majority of the posts, I can see that this is both the cause and resolve for my set as well.

Larry, could you please e-mail me this popular and effective information package you have put together to: [email protected]? I would appreciate it.

I am an electronic technician by trade with 25+ years experience, so I hope to be able to handle this repair job.  Tongue out

Thank You!

- Gil

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore