Mitsubishi WD 62725 Status Light

376 posts / 0 new
Last post
Crazy
Sorry for the mulitple posts.

Sorry for the mulitple posts. It was during registering.

wescarver
Mitsubishi Model WD 62725

Mitsubishi Model WD 62725
Set turns off after about 30 sec. I was told I need a new DM module. I am a tech but could use your help. How does that module come out? Please send me your repair instructions or any other documentation you may have it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Wes

Clark Kilby
My WD 62725 also has the

My WD 62725 also has the green blinking light problem. Still works for how long....Larry could you or someone else who has received the fix please send it to [email protected]

Thanks!

bcmullen95
I have a WD-62725 with the

I have a WD-62725 with the status light blinking. I am at a loss, do not know what the problem is can anyone help?
thanks

satscram4000
OK, I've had the blinking

OK, I've had the blinking green light problem. I took the set apart, pulled the chassis & brought down to the workshop. I removed the DM board and replaced the 4 bad capacitors, which were bulged out at the top. I used hi temp 35 volt 1000uf 105c replacements. When I had the board apart, I noticed a few of the caps on the power supply board & one of the other boards had a few capacitors that appeared to be bad (bulging tops). Since I only had the 4 replacements, and I didn'twant to forget how everything went back together, I re-assembled the tv. I plugged it in & everything worked great for a week. Today we had a power failure in our area, and when the power came back on, I have the blinking green light again. My questions are; If I replace the remaining bad capacitors on the other boards, will this correct the blinking light problem. And, do I substitute the same 1000uf 35volt 105c capacitors like I did on the DM board??.
Why is there such a problem with these capacitors, was it a cost saving measure when the tv's were built??. I have had good luck with this tv so far, and am very pleased with the picture quality (until this happened). I have read other posts where over 100 capacitors have been replaced. If this is the case, are they all replaced with substitute capacitors with higher voltage & temperature ratings??.

Thank You in advance for any response

PowerPlay
I have a WD-62725 with the

I have a WD-62725 with the Green Light problem. I replaced all apparent bad caps, but I then still had to splice into the "orange" wire on the FC connector (the toggle switch). This worked, but I had considerable noise in the video. I shortened the wires a few times from approx. 36", and each time the picture quaility was better. They are now about 4", and the picture is almost perfect, but I can still see some noise. Any thoughts? Thanks!

TOWDADDY
Dear t.v. guru,

Dear t.v. guru,
I recieved a 2004 model year mitsubishi wd-62725 t.v. today for free. I know that it does not work, but I talked to the owner and they informed me that they had previously replaced the bulb. Now all of a sudden the picture scrambled and had squiggly lines and shut off. I have yet to mess with it but would love any input or instructions from you on what you think this might be.
And your repair instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Tonies
Mitsubishi tested repaired

Mitsubishi tested repaired the whole Chassis in mine and when it got home it still went out. Now it's the light engine..needless to say Mitsubishi is replacing the set. I have to give it to them they are standing by their product. If you have a lemon it will always be a lemon.

bcmullen95
After reading these post I

After reading these post I know I need to replace capacitors. Is it possible to get a tech manual for the repair on the DM board and FMT board please. Thanks
[email protected]

TomHagen
I also have a blinking light

I also have a blinking light for my 62725. Can you please email me the instructions too. [email protected]

jwf18
EDIT: Hi Larry. There may

EDIT: Hi Larry. There may have been an issue with the delivery of the instructions. Could you please email me the repair instructions again? I have modified my email filters. Thank you.

Hello Larry:

I was also experiencing the "blinking green light" problem. I ordered a new lamp from Mitsubishi and installed it. When I turned on the TV, the picture had colored squiggly lines in the middle of the TV. Then the TV displayed a blurry and distorted picture with a static noise and now the TV does not turn on. Is it possible to send me instructions on how to repair this problem? Thank you.

[email protected]
WD 62725

LaRissa
Hi.... i just downloaded the

Hi.... i just downloaded the service manual. I have a Mitsubishi wd52825 with a blinking green light. Last week it blinked, & then about an hour later, it came back on. Two days ago, we had a power failure, & out went the tv... then the blinking started again. The tv will not come back on.

Could you please send me the instructions to repair??, or I live in the Kansas City area, so if anyone can help me repair this, I'd appreciate it.

PS. I found this website http://tv-techs.com/

He charges $250 to repair including shipping.

LaRissa [email protected]

Clark Kilby
If you have a blinking green

If you have a blinking green light that won't stop, before you give up on your TV working, take a paper clip and press the reset. Wait 5 minutes, if it is still blinking do it again. Try many times. If no luck, unplug and replug in the TV and try another series of resets. If it is going to stop blinking, it generally will within 5 minutes of pressing the reset. Maybe try 7 minutes. My TV blinks if unplugged or a power outage hits and then I have to go through the above. As long as the power is on and stable there are no problems, therefore a power backup supply is needed to keep power to it under all situations. So far, I have had no further problems and no blinking. I would get another round of blinking problems if the TV suffered a power loss. Hope this helps someone.

LaRissa
Thanks Clark. I've pushed

Thanks Clark. I've pushed the reset button 3 times an hour for 2 days.....
I've unplugged the tv from the power strip, waited 3-4 hours, turned back on & still nothing.
The light continues to blink, but won't turn on.
If anyone is in KC that would fix this for me... I'd appreciate it.

Clark Kilby
Hi LaRissa,

Hi LaRissa,

Don't reset 3x per hour. You are waiting too long. Do every 5-7 minutes, maybe try letting it blink 15 minutes max at times. Unplug and replug every 6 tries or so. You don't have to wait more than 5 seconds. You never know which reset will succeed. A most important thing is to be plugged into a backup power supply so that when you do get lucky and the green light quits blinking (and can repower the TV) you do not lose power again to the TV otherwise you will be right back to waiting for the green light to stop blinking.

If your TV does respond....then you will be able to power up and down without problems. How long my TV will last before it dies, I have no clue. For now, everything works the way it should. Usually, I could get mine to work within 15-30 minutes doing resets and unplugs.

Larry Dillon
Resetting that many times is

Resetting that many times is not going to miraculously going to repair your TV maybe once yes? set!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so funny I forgot to laugh LMAOROTF!
Larry Dillon.

Clark Kilby
Hey Big Larry,

Hey Big Larry,

Glad you forgot to laugh. Never claimed a repair, but it can be a bandaid for someone who's TV is at a similar stage of decline as mine. I had to get the binking to stop in order to turn the TV on. This is how I did it. Because I was too hard headed to get a back up power supply right away, I had to repeat the process every time there was a power surge or outage which caused the green light to blink.

If one person was helped and you were able to LMAOROTF , it was worth it.

Adios....

LaRissa
Dearest Larry..

Dearest Larry..

Please send me YOUR instructions of how to fix this darned blinking light problem. It's beginning to pi$$ me off....

Thanks

x-ray
Larry,

Larry,

I have the same problem. My chassis was replaced once under warranty 6 months after purchase back in march 06. Now I appear to have the same problem again....

Can you please send the instructions to [email protected]?

Thanks
xray

Jim R
I have the infamous

I have the infamous Mitsubishi WD-62725 that has the blinking green light. is the DM board repair simular as to the WS-65813 etc? or do I need different instructions to replace the caps?
Thanks
Jim

nicolie73
I have the same issue. Could

I have the same issue. Could you please send instructions to [email protected]

thanks ahead.

HaraldS
Ok, this seems to be the

Ok, this seems to be the RIGHT board.

Larry, could you fire of a doc kit to [email protected] ?

x-ray
I had the same problem with

I had the same problem with my 3.5 yr old set.  I took it apart following instructions (V26 Chassis Replacement) in an earlier link in this thread. I think you can find it here too (http://www.pdfoo.com/mitsubishi/193-2311-pdf.html). Note there are lots of screws and connectors so be careful and organize screws.  I wasn’t and have 2 screws left J.  I replaced the caps with Panasonic caps from digikey.  A package of ten cost $3.54 but $40 for shipping because I had them shipped overnight.  I did check radio shack first but they didn't have them.

After I replace the caps and put the whole thing back together I went to turn it on and noticed an amber flashing light on the front of the TV and thought, crap - all this for nothing.  I then realized I forgot to put the air filter cover back on which has an interlock on it that prevents the TV from going on.  After I put this on the TV worked.

$40 investment and a couple of hours is better than ~$1000 to have it fixed or buy another.

P5533-ND .35400 3.54CAP 1000UF 16V ELECT NHG RADIALSCHED B: 853222 ECCN: EAR99LEAD: LEAD FREE ROHS: ROHS COMP Here are pictures of the boards with caps circled.

dnssmith
Larry,

Larry,
I also have the green blinking light of death on my Mitsu WD-62725 V26+ Chasis. Can you please send the repair instructions to ([email protected]). Many thanks in advance.

meatloafhardt
Got the WD62725 and the green

Got the WD62725 and the green blinking light from heck!!!! I need the repair manual too. Please email it to me ([email protected]). Much appreciated. And, if you were going to purchase a new TV, which one would it be? Thanks in advance for the great website info!

rvz
Larry,

Larry,

I have a WD-62725 and I've replaced all of the bad electrolytic caps on the PM and FMT boards. Actually, last Dec. I replaced the bad caps on the PM board and that fixed the original problem. Then I got the blinking LED of death so I ripped it apart again and found more bad caps on the FMT board. This didn't fix the problem. I then found a different post on another forum that said to try booting it with the FC connector and if it boots then there is a problem with the FMT board. I tried this and the blinking LED went away. Could you please email me your troubleshooting/repair instructions to [email protected]? It'd really help me out as I've run out of options that I've been able to find elsewhere! Thanks in advance!

shatteredreamer
Larry Dillon said: I just

Larry Dillon said: I just sent out the files you all needed for your TV sets. Good Luck

Larry,

I see you have been sending out the instructions on replacing the caps on the mitsubishi wd-62725. I think i am having the same problems as everyone else. Do you think you can send be a copy of those instructions. [email protected]. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Kujojo1972
shatteredreamer said:

shatteredreamer said:

Larry Dillon said: I just sent out the files you all needed for your TV sets. Good Luck

Larry, I see you have been sending out the instructions on replacing the caps on the mitsubishi wd-62725. I think i am having the same problems as everyone else. Do you think you can send be a copy of those instructions. [email protected]. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Larry, I am having the same issue with the blinking green light.  Can you send me the instructions to [email protected].  I have the Mits TV 62725.

rvz
Has anyone received the

Has anyone received the instructions from Larry recently? I have not had a response from him.

jwf18
EDIT: Hi Larry. There may

EDIT: Hi Larry. There may have been an issue with the delivery of the instructions. Could you please email me the repair instructions again? I have modified my email filters. Thank you.

Hello Larry:

I was also experiencing the "blinking green light" problem. I ordered a new lamp from Mitsubishi and installed it. When I turned on the TV, the picture had colored squiggly lines in the middle of the TV. Then the TV displayed a blurry and distorted picture with a static noise and now the TV does not turn on. Is it possible to send me instructions on how to repair this problem? Thank you.

[email protected]
WD 62725

Pages

Connect With Techlore