Mitsubishi WD 62725 Status Light

376 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gordon Eaton
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,
Have a WD-57732 with the green blinking light problem (Like everyone else). Can you please send repair instructions. Thank you so much,
Gordon

[email protected]

Mark Chambers
Hello Larry

Hello Larry

I too am having Green Light of Death. Can you please send instructions
[email protected]

Thanks

rvz
Unfortunately, I think that

Unfortunately, I think that Larry is MIA.

cabe
Can anyone help me with my WD

Can anyone help me with my WD 62725. Green light flashes. I opened it and on the power supply board C9A09, C9A10 are different color than the other ones(C9a00 –C9A07). could you please send me the repair instructions for a Mits. wd-62725
[email protected]

Phillyaj
Dreaded blinking greem timer

Dreaded blinking greem timer light of death happened to me today on my WD-62725. I would truely appreciate the instructions for replacing the caps.

email: [email protected]

Thanks

SRC
Larry,

Larry,

I have been having the "flashing green light" problem for quite a while and I have always been able to get the WD 62725 to come on after unplugging it for a few minutes. Now the issue seems to have become permanent. I have the set taken apart and, when I look at the circuit boards, they look somewhat different than any of the pictures I have seen posted. Can you send me the directions for completing the repair for a Mitsi WD 62725?

Thanks,

Steve

lewjr1
I have a WD 62725 as well. I

I have a WD 62725 as well. I'm experiencing the green blinking timer light as well. As I read the forum it looks like there might be some instructions on how to fix. If possible could those please be emailed to me. Thank You

Also, what kinda cost am I looking at. I live in San Diego, 92114

Thanks

[email protected]

crussell737
Larry,

Larry,

Also looking for the blinking green light repair instructions.

Thanks - Chris

[email protected]

BondJamesBond
Larry,

Larry,

Also looking for the WD-62725 blinking light repair instructions.

Thanks,
- Kevin

[email protected]

Eansy Beansy
justin nichols said: In

justin nichols said: In reference to the XX525, XX725, and XX825 sets. I've worked on a few of these now and I have to say if you want a proper fix then most of the smd caps will have to go on the FMT and DM boards. In addition to the caps that Larry suggests there are also 2 330uf @ 16v caps on the signal board, and 2 1000uf @ 10v caps on the TERM 2 board that will need to be replaced. I also replace all 100uf smd's, 47uf smds and 220uf smd's. sometimes even the 22uf's and the 10uf's. It's a big job and not for the amature. plan on about 5 hours worth of cap changing if you're good with solder. Smd caps are hard to work with and I've been replacing them with regular caps with no problems. I've also been upping the voltage to 25/35v 105C on the replacements. If you replace the 10uf smd's make sure to pay attention because some of them are none polar. I've had good success this way but I have to say I dread working on these TV's. Well over 100 caps need to go!

Hi Justin:

Can you give me the board numbers of these caps you mention? If you can post them here or email me at [email protected]

Thanks for the info. I have a 62725

Eansy Beansy
Larry Dillon said: andCheck

Larry Dillon said: andCheck the input video diodes. You will find them on the FMT board upper left hand corner. D8F00 PART # 264P828010-diode-DAN202U/MA142W D8FO1 " " " " "same part number C8F26 " 141P148000 CER (B25K-1M-K) C8F29 " " " ""same part number Formatter board #930B924001, on that board there are 5 caps 1000 ufd 35v that commonly go bad. Replace all caps that are swollen, Resolve your checker pattern problem: 1. Tile or block pattern replace D8F00 and D8F01 part # 264P828010, also replace C8F26 and C8F29 part # 141P148000 (1 uFD, 25 V) on the FMT PCB (part # 930B924002). The diodes have a stripe (line) that is the cathode, at one end of the device, the board will reflect that line. De solder as best as you can, glue is under part, heat one end, while prying up, heat other end. It will come off with moderate to mid high he I hope this helps I assume that when you turn on the TV the screen lights up with some pattern. If not then you need to re look at the supply board and the DM board. I would recommend that you replace all the caps that are called for in the repair information Even if the caps look good they may still be week from the heat drying the electrolyte up. Replace them all with new ones they're cheap. This covers any that don't show signs of bulging. You should have a blink light when you first plug in the set wait for 3 to 5 min the light should stop blinking. Turn on TV and the light should be solid green. You should have a full screen if it works with picture if hooked up. If not you should see snowy screen.NOT USE RADIO SHACK CAPACITORS!! They are not the high temp. types and will blow up your TV set in a matter of months. Be sure to check all of the pictures and all of the caps before ordering, as you might be ordering several, as I have replaced as many as 15 in one DLP TV set before she worked. Good Luck Go here to find the right capacitors you need: http://www.mouser.com/search/refine.aspx?Ntt=140-HTRL16V1000-RC%09 And http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=N98n18CgKlweB%252bCgTM8ZbQ... PS, you can also contact me directly here if you need any assistance If you replace all of the capacitors and the set still doe not work Suspect the DM PCB part # 934C116002 Try removing the USB connector on the chassis and power up. If the blinking stops after 70 secs, then the reader is bad. Try disconnecting the FC connector to the FMT board and power up. If the blinking stops after 70 secs, then suspect the FMT card. or the caps on this board. Also I heard this works good also: I have not tested the following procedure! But give it a try Locate the DM board and remove the connector labeled "FC". Plug in your TV and wait for the hard drive fan to turn on, then off a few times and the LED will finally go out. Now, plug the "FC" connector back in, and go watch TV! The only gotcha is that if you remove the power from the wall, you have to repeat the procedure. You can put a toggle switch between the orange wire that goes into the "FC" connector. This way, you can remotely do the reset. The DM is still broken, but this bypasses whatever check is done

Hi Larry,

I had a question that I thought you might be able to answer. When I had the blinking green light party on my WS-65713 I replaced the 1000 uFD 16v caps with 1000 uFD 35v caps and it worked fine as per your instructions. However, now I am working on a WD-52725 and I am not sure about the replacment caps.

I have read that they should be replaced with 680 uFD 16v caps and I thought maybe I should ask you if this is the best replacement or should I go with the 1000 uFD 35v caps as I did before for the DM board. Would this also apply to the FMT PCB?

Thanks Larry, I am eternally grateful for all your help.

Eansy Beansy

Kevin211
Larry,

Larry,
If you can please send me the DIY instructions for the WD-52725 BGLOD problem to-

[email protected]

Thanks!!!

Porscheman
Hi Larry, I would also need

Hi Larry, I would also need the repair directions emailed to me also at [email protected], thanks.

Mark 62575
Larry you seem like the

Larry you seem like the expert - I've got a WD-62725 with the BGLOD - I have torn into the thing and so far found 4 bad caps on the power board - Do you have instructions you could forward to me. Have read alot of conflicting statements about replacement caps and what to use/not to use. Shouldnt I use the originals? Thanks

[email protected]

Andyfitz
Hey all

Hey all

I had the blinking green light problem with my WD-62725 Larry had sent me all the info about 6 months ago to fix it. After a few tips from people I was able to fix it and was getting great pictures from it. I am now having another problem I am hoping someone might know the answer to.

The problem now is that the picture will not come up. The problem started a month ago with it just taking along time for the picture to come on. Soon after that it would power up with no picture and after a minute or so it would shut down and the red lamp light would stay lit. I could unplug the TV and it would reset and then work again with picture. Now tonight it went to the red lamp light but when I unplug it and power it back up I have no luck, it just keeps kicking to the red lamp light after a minute or so. I pulled the bulb and it looks to be ok no obvious problems with it.

I am wondering if anyone has any Ideas of what this could be. It may just be as simple as replacing the bulb but I never got a warning the bulb was getting ready to blow. I do not want to buy a new bulb if there might be another problem so I am hoping that someone here may have an idea or confirm that it is a bulb. any help you give would be great thanks you.

Eansy Beansy
Andyfitz said: Hey all I had

Andyfitz said: Hey all I had the blinking green light problem with my WD-62725 Larry had sent me all the info about 6 months ago to fix it. After a few tips from people I was able to fix it and was getting great pictures from it. I am now having another problem I am hoping someone might know the answer to. The problem now is that the picture will not come up. The problem started a month ago with it just taking along time for the picture to come on. Soon after that it would power up with no picture and after a minute or so it would shut down and the red lamp light would stay lit. I could unplug the TV and it would reset and then work again with picture. Now tonight it went to the red lamp light but when I unplug it and power it back up I have no luck, it just keeps kicking to the red lamp light after a minute or so. I pulled the bulb and it looks to be ok no obvious problems with it. I am wondering if anyone has any Ideas of what this could be. It may just be as simple as replacing the bulb but I never got a warning the bulb was getting ready to blow. I do not want to buy a new bulb if there might be another problem so I am hoping that someone here may have an idea or confirm that it is a bulb. any help you give would be great thanks you.

Did you check the filter on the side of the TV?

Mark 62575
Most of the fixes discussed

Most of the fixes discussed in this thread along with manuals and instructions can be found in Larry's Articles/Contributions. That's where I got them. On the previous page, click on Larry's Picture/Icon. When the page opens, scroll to the bottom and click on browse all articles and you will find the various helps there.

My capacitors arrive via FEDEX this morning. Wish me luck! Hoping to be watching football tomorrow on the big screen. The 32" tv is depressing!

Brangus
Larry Dillon said: I just

Larry Dillon said: I just sent out the files you all needed for your TV sets. Good Luck

Good morning Larry,

I have a Mits WD-62725 with the blinking timer light that will not reset.  Can you please send the info needed to repair the set?   My email is: [email protected]  Thanks very much.

butlerjones
I have a flashing green light

I have a flashing green light on the front of my Mitsubishi 57732 that will not quit. No picture coming up. I replaced the lamp six months ago and ended up with a picture that was OK, but the whites were not very good. I went to replace with a genuine Mitsubishi lamp today, and now I have the above mentioned problem. I can't figure it out. Any advice, Mr. Larry?

c14891
Good morning Larry,

Good morning Larry,

I have a Mitsubishi WD-62725 with the blinking timer light that will not reset. Can you please send the much info needed to repair the set? My email is:[email protected]

Thank you very much.

Bill

TODD_74
Hi Larry (or anyone else who

Hi Larry (or anyone else who may be able to help)
I have a Mitsubishi WD-62725 with the blinking timer light as well. The difference I guess is that I only started having this problem when I went to replace the lamp. When I plugged it back it, it would not stop blinking I rest it multiple times and it finally worked after the 30th time. I did not have any problem turning it off and on after that until I changed the lamp again, only this time it doesn't seem to matter how often I reset it - the green light of death will not stop blinking. If someone could send me some information on how to fix this problem I would appreciate it. My email is --------------------------- Thanks! -Todd

*Moderator's Note* - Email removed at the request of user.

sjo247
I have a Mitsubishi WD 62725.

I have a Mitsubishi WD 62725. I just had the green blinking light issued repaired by replacing the caps on the dm board about a month ago. Now the TV starts making a weird whirring sound after about 2-3 hours of use and then shuts off with a red slow blinking light. Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it? Thanks.

dankupfer
After a power outage my

After a power outage my wd62725 wont turn back on! No blinking lights or response of any kind. can anyone help? [email protected]

bcmullen95
I just replaced the

I just replaced the capasitors on my TV however it is not starting up. I believe my problem is with some of the connectors. I believe they are the fan. I didn't label them. Does any one know which one go to which. I believe the connector label FND goes to the fan on the housing above the boards, but that leave two more connectors that are not label. One is located by the lamp ballest. The other is by the chassis. Any one know where each go?
Thanks
can e-mail me direct at bcmullen95yahoo.com

joyash
Larry, please send me the

Larry, please send me the same instructions on how to replace the caps on the DM board of my WD-62725. Thanks, [email protected]

ksforrie
Larry, could you send me the

Larry, could you send me the repair instructions for a wd- 62725? Thanks - [email protected]

ksforrie
Larry, could you send me the

Larry, could you send me the repair instructions for a Mits. wd- 62725? Thanks [email protected]

Toby Dennert
I am having a problem with my

I am having a problem with my Mitsu wd-62725. I just got it back from the repair shop after having the "chassis" replaced. It worked for about 3 hrs, then shut off with the status light turned a solid red. If I unplug it, and plug it back in, it works for about 5 minutes and then shuts off again. The "error message" blinks 4 times then 4 more times which i believe means error message 44. What is wrong? What can I do to fix it?

Toby Dennert

ssfish
I have a Mit WD62627, It will

I have a Mit WD62627, It will not turn on. It will boot up..the green light will blink for 70 sec at plug in or reset, which is normal. but will not respond to power on command.Was told could be bad switch on front control board so I treid tried unhooking front control board and using remote, still no good. All stand by voltages sre good., Could it be the E2P board ?? is there a way to check.. where can I get one..Thanks for any help

scott

garyg13
I have the WD-52627

I have the WD-52627 mitsubishi TV
same problem with flashing status light then shuts off after 2 min
reset tv several times no luck
has anyone had same problem with this model
larry please send the information to fix it

could it be the E2P board needs replacing ?
where can i buy it?

Pages

Connect With Techlore