60EX38

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Commanche
60EX38

I have just aquired this set. It worked perfectly for a couple of days then nothing.

Screen went black. No sound. Red light still on in the front but not flashing.

When I first hooked it up it took about 2min. to get a picture. After that it was instant on with no problems.

What I would like to ask is anyone out there that would have a idea as to why this set would do this? When it was running the picture was bright and clear. But once in awhile it would flicker on the edge.

Any ideas anyone? If it is something exotic then I will take it to a shop to be repaired. But if someone has a idea that would be easily repaired by replacing a component then I would try that first.

Commanche
I removed the rear cover and

I removed the rear cover and powered up the set. There are 5 Green LED and one red LED, located under a heat sink.

Red light on in the front, not blinking. No video and no sound. Thinking it is in a shutdown mode or protective mode.

Any thoughts?

Commanche
After doing some more

After doing some more checking on other sites I came across this" bad stk392-180 convergence amp".

I am to assume this is a IC chip. Is it possible that there may be more to it than that?

Any input would be appreciated.

Connect With Techlore