Mits WS65813 replaced caps and 9volt regulator

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Neo491
Mits WS65813 replaced caps and 9volt regulator

I have a Mitsubishi 65813. I am getting green flashing light and I have waves In my picture. So I replaced the caps on the dm board and the 9volt regulator behind the video signal board. Ok the caps did not fix the waves I experianced in my tv however replacing the 9volt regulator did fix that problem. I still get the green blinking light are there any suggestions. I heard something about hitting the front panel buttons in a row sometimes fixes this problem but I do not know if this is myth or legend. It is funny I had none of these problems until I updated my software version from mits.  I had no green flashing light or nothing. I update software then I get the green flashing light. Im not sure if this is a problem or not. Anyway I hope to hear from you guys with some help.

Thanks

Terry 

Neo491
Oh the tv has a great picture

Oh the tv has a great picture since I replaced the 9volt regulator. convergance is good I have never had a problem with that. I just get the green flashing light for about a minute then it powers up with no problem. Error code I get is 12 wich I believe is normal. Just wanted to add that.

Alnp
It sounds like you might have

It sounds like you might have the Energy Mode set to: low.
Go to Menu>Setup and change Energy mode to: standard.

"Energy Mode
This feature allows you to save electrical energy when the TV is off and in the standby mode. Standard mode uses more power but allows all of the background features to continue to operate. Low mode saves power (using less than 2 watts), however, using this selection will restrict or turn off many of the background features.
If the Energy Mode is set to Low the following features of the TV will be restricted or unavailable when the TV is turned off (Note: The features will operate normally when the TV is powered On):
• TV controlled recordings, including “Record Later “ recordings will not be possible.
• TV Time (clock) will be lost after approximately 48 hours. The clock will need to be reset through the Time menu.
• The Timer function cannot be used to turn on the TV.
• IEEE 1394 functions that pass through the TV or IEEE 1394 recordings from the TV or Ant-DTV will not be possible.
• The amount of time required to turn on the TV will increase to more than one minute."

Neo491
Bingo that fixed my problem.

Bingo that fixed my problem. I changed the setting from low to standard and have not had the green light of death since. The tv comes on no problem.

Thanks you

Terry

Alnp
Great, glad that worked.

Great, glad that worked.
Maybe the firmware update defaulted to low-power standby?
A 60-70 second blinking green led (DM booting) is normal anytime the tv is re-plugged in, or started from low-power standby, which is an option in User Menu>Setup>Energy Mode.
In other words, an initial blinking green led that stops, with the tv then turning on OK is normal, a constantly blinking green led that never stops is not.

nattybread
i want to change the caps in

i want to change the caps in my ws65813 but i want to know where exactly they are located and how to get to tjem. my email is basirabarrett97@yahoo,com

ejdoc
continuously blinking green

continuously blinking green light in my ws65813. i would like the info to replace caps and location. thank you

dinoaz20
Larry,

Larry,

I know that you have helped countless people with fixing the blinking green light problem on the Mitsubishi WS65813. Could you please send me the instructions so I can chnage the caps and get my TV up and running. My email is [email protected]

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Dino

Dummerendirt
Larry and/or other smart guys

Larry and/or other smart guys, Still trying!After replacing capacitors with 1000uF, 25V (for easier fit),105c BGLOD still blinking. Fuses on DM underside check OK. Looking for other possible fixes. 1.) Bad ep2 board: is this board testable, available or repairable? I understand that Mits. no longer sells or repairs the DM board on which the e2p is mounted. 2.) Read that on a WS55513 the reset switch on the keyboard may be bad. The procedure to access and isolate however, doesn't seem to apply to the WS65813 i.e., wires, connectors and access panel behind speaker grill?? How is the keyboard accessed on the WS65813? Meanwhile, proceeding with plans to sue Mits.Corp in small claims court. Thanks

Kelly S
Hi - I have wavy lines on my

Hi - I have wavy lines on my WS55613 model and would like to know how to replace the 9v regulator..if you think that will fix the problem. Other than the wavy lines I have no other problems.

Thanks...please email instructions to the address listed

Shaddy
Hi - I have a 62525 dlp,

Hi - I have a 62525 dlp, replaced all the known problem CAPs on the PWB, DM, FMT and some on the Signal board but I still have purple/green horizontal lines. Is the IC9A20 on the pwb the regulator causing this? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks again!

Andri Kyrychok
Larry, can you send me the

Larry, can you send me the capacitor instructions? Maybe I should replace the IC chip behind it too as a precaution? Thanks in advance. [email protected]

krup
Larry, I also have the wavy

Larry, I also have the wavy picture problem with my Mitsubishi 65" would you please send me the instructions for the repair? I have replaced the caps,still have waves. Can someone let me Know where to buy 9v.Also does anyone have a picture to show me where it is locaed? I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks, [email protected]

Connect With Techlore