Mitsubishi WS-65813 Blinking Green Light

1639 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
Not a problem Chris. Good

Not a problem Chris. Good Luck with your repair.

ZZZZZ
I have the same problem with

I have the same problem with my 65813 (blinking light).  Can you send me the directions to fix this ([email protected])

Larry Dillon
Sure ZZZZ, I will send those

Sure ZZZZ, I will send those out to you this afternoon. Good Luck with the repair.

Larry Dillon
ZZZZ, I have tried twice to

ZZZZ, I have tried twice to send you the documents to repair your TV set but they keep coming back as a bad e-mail address. Yes I took off the brackets. It says it is an unknown address.

gary1024
Hi Larry,  

Hi Larry,  

i have a 55909.  my kids were pushing the front panel power button on and off (*sigh*)  and now it won't power up.  when the power button or remote power is pushed, the front panel green light will turn on for 2-3 seconds, and then power off.  

is this failure mode the same as the "G-BLOD" described, or is this likely a fuse problem?  i have downloaded a 55909 service manual, and am comfortable repalcing the fuses or caps if needed.  

this is a great forum, and thanks in advance for your help!

thanks, gary 

JonP
Did you file the asoption

Did you file the asoption papers yet? :)

Larry Dillon
No Gary, I'm afraid this is

No Gary, I'm afraid this is not the blinking light problem. You can certainly go in and check the fuses but fuses do not blow for no good reason. Find the problem before you replace any fuses or you can cause other or more problems with the set. You might have bad convergence IC's? Too bad you did not ask me for the service manual. I could have helped you out with that. The fuses I am talking about are marked as F9A02 through F9A06 on the printed circuit board. If you find any of these open, like I said before, do nor simply replace it. Let me know which one is bad and I will give you a few pointers on what to check or change. Good Luck.

JonP
his kids were playing w/ the

his kids were playing w/ the tv buttons thus I asked if he has started the process of getting them adopted yet, just a little humor to keep me from planting c4 in my dm board :)

Larry Dillon
OH, LOL I see what your

OH, LOL I see what your saying. Have you contacted ptscorp.com yet on the DM repair?

gary1024
Hi all, 

Hi all, 

JonP, adoption has been considered, but ya'know, the lawn still needs to be mowed.  Wink

Larry, thanks for the quick response.  Are you (or others here ) aware of a failure that can cause the a Mits CRT TV to fail and shut off (in 2-3 seconds)?  if so, what could I do to fix it? 

Thanks, Gary

falconmech
I wanted to thank you Larry

I wanted to thank you Larry for your help today. Your directions were clear and made the repair painless. I bought 4 1000uF 16V caps at the local TV repair store and I'm watching TV as we speak same day! I wouldn't be watching right now if not for you. I have one more question? I did not install the fan, but did buy one. It seems so many people our having this problem. What's your advise on installing fan or not.  Would you install one if it was your TV?

Chris

knisman
Larry - Please send DM module

Larry - Please send DM module repair procedure.  I have a Mits 55513 with the green blinking light problem.  Please send private message so I don't have to post my email.  Thanks!

gary1024
Hi all,

Hi all,

A quick update & a bit more background. I have a 55" mits diamond 55909, CRT-based RPTV.

The background: after the failure, I had tried removing AC power for ~24hrs (and shorter times prior to that). When the AC is applied, the Green LED blinks quickly for about one minutes and then stops. Reading thru the service manual this indicates a normal boot up and DM microPC is running. At this time, when I press the power button, or remote control power button, the Green light comes on for about 2 seconds, and shuts back off. I can hear the mechanical relays engaging and dis-engaging at this time.

When I press the Device and Menu button for 5 seconds, the blink code indicates code 12 - Normal operation. hmmm.

update: I removed the DM module last night, and popped the lid. I looked at all the power supply capacitors and they all are fine. nice, flat shiny caps, no sign of leakage or bulging. I then looked at each component on the DM module(except under the heatsinks, i didn't remove those), and each looked fine. no sign of a burnt-out components that i could see.

So at this moment I don't believe that the DM module is the problem.

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated. many thanks to the great folks here for sharing all of your experience and expertise!

Best of luck, (cuz mainly the folks with broken TVs visit here :-) )

Gary

Larry Dillon
falcon, yes I would for sure.

falcon, yes I would for sure. I hope you did use the 105 high temp caps also. Great news you got it working! You realize you saved a minimum of 800 to 1000 bucks by doing it your self? Feels really good right? Also, do not forget to take off the front screen as per the directions in the service manual you received so you can clean off the dust and grime on the mirrors and lens inside the TV set. It really does make a world of difference with this cleaning.

j9184p
Hey Larry - you seem like THE

Hey Larry - you seem like THE guy with this problem.  I am in the same boat as the rest.  My WS65813 will not turn on... and the green light won't stop flashing.  In the past, the reset button would take care of it, but not this time.  If you could send me the manual/documents I will need to repair I will be most grateful!!  My email is [email protected].  Thank you!!!

Larry Dillon
Berko, they will be to you in

Berko, they will be to you in a short while, Good Luck!

aero
LARRY, AND EVERYONE THAT HAS

LARRY, AND EVERYONE THAT HAS MADE A POST IN REGARDS TO THE MITSUBISHI WS65513 BLINKING LIGHT PROBLEM. I HAVE MADE THE REPAIR ON MY WS65513 BY REPLACING THE FOUR CAPACITORS AND CHECKING THE FUSES PER INSTRUCTIONS, MY SET IS WORKING GREAT. I WAS A AUTO MECHANIC FOUR 25 YEAR AND FIGURE IF I CAN REBUILD A AUTOMATIC TANSMISSION I SURE CAN DO THIS.I FOLLWED THE INSTRUCTIONS AND I MUST SAY THEY ARE RIGHT ON. THANKS VERY MUCH !! MITSUBISHI DON'T CARE ABOUT US, I TRIED THEM ! THANKS AGAIN KEN / AERODRAG

Eric Daugherty (not verified)
Larry,

Larry,

I've got Mitsubishi WS-55513 it got also the blinking light. I replaced those 4 capacitors with the same type 1000 microfarad 16V 105C, the tv stops blinking and can finally turn on but when i tried to turn off and unplug the switch and plug back in after a couple of minutes non stop blinking green light. If i remove and put back in again the DM Module tv works fine. Its kind of weird when you unplug it and plug it again the tv blinks again? any idea? oh yeah i triple check everything that i soldered it correctly and the module is plug in properly. Thanks.

PS. Oh yeah i notice on the DM Module, when you plug in the TV the DM Module has a green light steady after 30 seconds the green light is off and you can turn on the TV. But if the green light in the module is steady that means theres something wrong. I am not sure whats next.

Garas  

John Prop
Larry,

Larry,

I've read all the blogs and I take it that you are the flashing green light  guru. I also have a Mitsubishi WS-65813 that has a flashing green light issue. Can you please forward any documentation that you may have so I could repair my TV. Thanks in advance!

HiTekBill
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have checked all fuses in the Power Supply board, FMT board and the DM board all tested good. Any suggestions what to do next? I do not see any signs of burned out components on any of these boards. I have the WD 62825. I have previous postings from this. I am at a dead end and I am thinking a bad DM board? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Bill

Larry Dillon
Garas, once you get the set

Garas, once you get the set to work, don't unplug it.

John Prop
Larry, please email it to

Larry, please email it to [email protected]. Thanks again!

Larry Dillon
Javier, the repair documents

Javier, the repair documents will be sent out a little later this morning. Good luck with the repair.

E. Maes
Hi Larry, I also have a WS

Hi Larry, I also have a WS-65813 and the same blinking light problem. Would you please send me a copy of the repair instuctions as well? Thanks, Tydus

Leon Chism
Hi Larry. Like everyone on

Hi Larry. Like everyone on this post I have the same blinking light problem, but on my WS-65813. Could you please also send me a copy of the repair instructions. Thanks a bunch - Eric

uma
I am having the same issue,

I am having the same issue, we just bought this tv from someone used....it was in storage for a while and last time they plugged the tv in it worked (so they say) well now the tv is doing the blinking light for about 60-70 seconds and then turning off and then when we go to power on the tv the light comes on and the tv sounds like it is trying to turn on but it doesnt and turns itself off after about 2 seconds. we have called around to service places and there is only one in town that works on mitsus and they want $100 just to come out and diagnose. How technologically inclined do you need to be to use your instructions? if its something anyone can do then im willing to give it a shot. you can send the instructions to [email protected]. Thank you!~Jess

E. Maes
Larry Dillon said: Javier,

Larry Dillon said: Javier, the repair documents will be sent out a little later this morning. Good luck with the repair.

Hi Larry,

Tydus here again... I forgot to provide the email address to mail the instructions to ... please mail them to [email protected]

Thanks again!

Leon Chism
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Like Tydus, I forgot to include my email. When you get a minute please email to [email protected]. Thanks in advance.

Larry Dillon
Draggnnstarr, if the light

Draggnnstarr, if the light stops flashing after 60 to 70 seconds like you say, your problem is NOT the problem with the DM capacitors. That is a totally normal state. Your problem is most likely a problem in the main power supply. How long was it in storage?

Pages

Connect With Techlore