Mitsubishi WS-65813 Blinking Green Light

1639 posts / 0 new
Last post
drforbes
Larry, I have a WS-55513 with

Larry, I have a WS-55513 with a blinking led problem. I'm assuming it's the same problem everyone else is having. When I plug the set in, I get a green blinking led. It never stops blinking.  Would you please send me the necessary information on how to fix this problem. Thanks in advance. email address is [email protected]

keithptc
Larry,

Larry,

I too have the dreaded blinking light issue on my WS 55613....can you please send me the info on how to fix this?  Thanks in advance for your help!     [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Chef, what are you looking to

Chef, what are you looking to do on this set, the one you sent me the service manual for? E-mail me please at [email protected]

Larry Dillon
keith and Daynalynn, I will

keith and Daynalynn, I will send out the repair documents you need for your TV set in just a short while. Good Luck with your repair.

EricJCCNA
Can you please send me the

Can you please send me the instructions for this repair to [email protected] ?

Model#WS-65813

Thanks in advance Sir:)

Kenny Mc
Speed said: Larry, I now have

Speed said: Larry, I now have the Mitsubishi WS-65813 television up and running. The "blinking green light" issue has been resolved. Lesson Learned: For your information and others, after replacing the 4 capacitors on the DM Module, I slid the DM circuit board back into the metal DM case and then inserted the entire unit into the main circuit board. This was working in the "blind" as it was impossible to verify a proper seat of the DM circuit board onto the mother board.  The blinking green light was still present upon power-up of the TV. I again removed the DM module from the TV and this time I re-installed the DM circuit board onto the main mother board and THEN installed the DM metal case over the top of the circuit board. By doing this, I was able to ensure a proper connection of the DM board. Upon power-up the TV is UP and RUNNING. Thank you for your assistance. Speed

Speed,  I just received the same TV from a friend who had the same blinking light problem, and he had the fix for it (maybe)but said he just didn't have the time to work on it and I could have it if I wanted it. Well, I said of course, I can solder, and a 65" TV would be nice and free was in my budget. So I took the risk. Man it was heavy! But me and my son's loaded it and brought it home. I sent my wife up to radio shack while I did the disassembly and prep work and put it all back together later that day. I plugged it in and light was still blinking. I had almost given up and my wife said have you checked any forums on it, I said I had not but would give it a shot. I ran accross your post (fortunately) and I did not feel real good about the DM metal case fiitting on the motherboard either but it seemed to lock into place. so I let it go. when I read your post it hit me you know he is right, it was a blind shot. I did just as you said and now it is up and running. I just wanted to say thanks for the info.

Thanks

Kenny Mc

Kenny Mc

Speed said: Larry, I now have the Mitsubishi WS-65813 television up and running. The "blinking green light" issue has been resolved. Lesson Learned: For your information and others, after replacing the 4 capacitors on the DM Module, I slid the DM circuit board back into the metal DM case and then inserted the entire unit into the main circuit board. This was working in the "blind" as it was impossible to verify a proper seat of the DM circuit board onto the mother board.  The blinking green light was still present upon power-up of the TV. I again removed the DM module from the TV and this time I re-installed the DM circuit board onto the main mother board and THEN installed the DM metal case over the top of the circuit board. By doing this, I was able to ensure a proper connection of the DM board. Upon power-up the TV is UP and RUNNING. Thank you for your assistance. Speed

Speed,  I just received the same TV from a friend who had the same blinking light problem, and he had the fix for it (maybe)but said he just didn't have the time to work on it and I could have it if I wanted it. Well, I said of course, I can solder, and a 65" TV would be nice and free was in my budget. So I took the risk. Man it was heavy! But me and my son's loaded it and brought it home. I sent my wife up to radio shack while I did the disassembly and prep work and put it all back together later that day. I plugged it in and light was still blinking. I had almost given up and my wife said have you checked any forums on it, I said I had not but would give it a shot. I ran accross your post (fortunately) and I did not feel real good about the DM metal case fiitting on the motherboard either but it seemed to lock into place. so I let it go. when I read your post it hit me you know he is right, it was a blind shot. I did just as you said and now it is up and running. I just wanted to say thanks for the info.

Thanks

Kenny Mc

JonP
Larry,

Larry,

I sold my buddy my old WS65869 for cheap and he got the blinking green light of death when he plugged it in, figures that would be my luck... now apparently I have to fix it for buttercup.  If you could please send me any info for this model I would really apreaciate it. 

email: [email protected]

Thank you VERY MUCH in advance :)

P.S. for the rest of you, repeat after me, no refunds, no returns, no warranty! :)

Larry Dillon
Eric, the info on the repair

Eric, the info on the repair is on it's way. Good luck

Larry Dillon
Jonp, I will send out that

Jonp, I will send out that information shortly to you. Please read what model number is on the post the next time you are asking for assistance, as cross posting takes a little more time. These are bulk e-mailed and when I get an odd model number I have to send it out one at a time. Good Luck with the repair.

JonP
Larry Dillon said: Jonp, I

Larry Dillon said: Jonp, I will send out that information shortly to you. Please read what model number is on the post the next time you are asking for assistance, as cross posting takes a little more time. These are bulk e-mailed and when I get an odd model number I have to send it out one at a time. Good Luck with the repair.

Sorry Larry, No0b mistake... I'll be more careful int he future... thank you again :)

boom04
larry,

larry,

i too have the 4 day green blinking light on my 3 yr old WS-65513

could you please send me the info and pics on replacing the 4 caps on the DM board

thank you for your time

[email protected]

boom

MGCarpo
Hi Larry, It would appear

Hi Larry, It would appear that this keeps you busy. May I please also have the information that is needed to repair the DM board. I have a WS-65713 with the ever popular flashing green light. My email is [email protected] Thanks so much!

JonP
after 3 days of the tv being

after 3 days of the tv being plugged in it magically started itself back up. When disconnected and reconnected to the outlet the lights started back up again. Would you take that to be proof that the caps aren't holding the charge? you know a class action suit for this may have to be in order for this apparent defect.

Larry Dillon
JonP, your capacitors are for

JonP, your capacitors are for sure going bad and the longer you wait to replace them, the more of a chance that they will for sure burn out the DM and simply replacing the capacitors will NOT fix your problem. As to a class action suite. Do you have the time or the money to sue a giant corporation like this with almost unlimited funds? Can you get an attorney to take a case like this? It will cost you less then 30 bucks to fix this problem if you can do it yourself or find a friend who can solder. Good Luck my friend.

Larry Dillon
MG and boom, I will have

MG and boom, I will have those repair instructions out to you later this evening. Good Luck with the repair of your TV set.

Rob98374
Rob98374 said: Could I get

Rob98374 said: Could I get the instructions for the WS-65513? Do I get the 16, 25 or 35 caps?  Thanks my hotmail address is rob_petersen

I replaced the 4 caps. It worked great for 5 hours. I used the component output for 3 then the cable for 2. I switched back to the component input, and it started flickering.

Now when I turn it on, the cable flickers for 5 or 10 minutes then is clear. The component never stops flickering.

I re-did everything 4 times now, with the flickering results everytime.

Is there anything else I can do? Are the caps bad?

Thanks

Larry Dillon
No you have another problem

No you have another problem with your set it seems.  When you say flicker, what do you mean?

RtnDlTerry
Larry, you sure are popular.

Larry, you sure are popular.  Guess what issue I am having with my WS 65613.  By the looks of this forum you have helped more people with this blinking light issue than anyone on the internet.  If you could please forward those instructions to [email protected] I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you for taking the time to share your success in this matter and all the help you have given.   

Ryan

Larry Dillon
Thanks Ryan, I will mail

Thanks Ryan, I will mail those documents out to you this morning. Good Luck with this repair.

Rob98374
Larry Dillon said: No you

Larry Dillon said: No you have another problem with your set it seems.  When you say flicker, what do you mean?

The top of the the screen usually shakes, or when you first turn it on, the whole screen shakes.

When the TV first started this blinking light problem, it started doing this flickering soon after. Then it just wouldn't come on, until I replaced the caps.

parrothd
Larry Dillon said: That's

Larry Dillon said: That's great man! I am going to be passing this on to all those who this repair did not help. Good Job! Thanks for letting us know.

Larry,

I have a Mitsubshi WS-55813 that has the blinking green light problem.  Could you please email me the instructions for replacing the capacitors on the DM board?

Thanks,

Judy Carignan

[email protected]

JonP
well I will be a lawyer in 3

well I will be a lawyer in 3 years so if I remember by then I'll do it myself. :)

jjabkowski
Larry I have the same problem

Larry I have the same problem and the same tv, must be a popular brand can you send me a copy, my email address is [email protected].  I called the repair guy and they want $400.00 to repair the board.

Larry Dillon
Judy and JJ, I will sent out

Judy and JJ, I will sent out the TV repair information for you in just a short while. Good Luck with the repair.

Dukane Technica...
Larry,

Larry,

First of all I wanted to say thank you for this terrific site. It is a valuable resource and I am very happy to have found it. I hope that I can participate and contribute in a positive way in the future. 

Having said this... I am in dire need of a service manual for the WS-65813 and i'd like very much to see the DM repair guide referanced in this thread.

If you have the time could you please email the info to me at [email protected]

Thank you very much

DTS

Larry Dillon
I will certainly send you out

I will certainly send you out the repair information for your TV set. Good Luck!

nick miyako
can you send me the repair

can you send me the repair information please?

[email protected]

mrtoner

I just did the cap replacement with the 1000uf, 35v versions, and was disappointed when the blinking green light still stayed on.  After reading the above post, I removed the module, and reinstalled the CB FIRST, as stated, then put the case on.  WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!!  THANKS 

JKD
I have the same problem with

I have the same problem with the blinking lights on my ws-65813. Can you please forward to me the repair with pictures. Thanks, James [email protected]

Pages

Connect With Techlore