sony KP-51WS510-convergence ic-help

936 posts / 0 new
Last post
Redman
YZbat.... After you did your

YZbat.... After you did your repairs did you turn your set on and leave it sit for 30 min? Some say your supose to so the components can warm to operating temp. From what i understand the next step would be to attempt the auto converge. This is the order I did things. Auto converge didnt do much so i went into the standard menu on screen, then video, converence, manual adjust. I then started from the center and with the red aligning to the white. Work your way out. Then go to the blue and do the same. Try this before going into the depths of hell called the service menu.

Redman
As for sixfour.....I dont

As for sixfour.....I dont think I can help you. That would be a larry dillon thing. I can only speculate that the board was damaged during soldering or removal or something. Did you double check/label or your connections? good luck bud. I'll take it off your hands if your in the chicago area.

KP-51WS510 SONY
I WOULD LIKE & APPRECIATE IF

I WOULD LIKE & APPRECIATE IF I COULD GET A COPY OF A MANUAL TO
HELP ME FIX THE COLOR DISTORTION CONVERGENCE IN MY SONY MODEL#
KP-51WS510 I READ I COULD CHAGE THE CONVERGENCE BOARDS IC-392-560
IS THIS CORRECT.
THANK YOU
HARRY FORMANEK

Larry Dillon
it is available in the

it is available in the technician's corner here at techlore under the resourses tab on the home page

bvaughn
Do I need to remove the

Do I need to remove the individual boards to change the ic's or can I just pull the chassis out enough to angle up to work from the bottom side?

shai
Thanks to JRoque's comments

Thanks to JRoque's comments about the 2 pico fuses (PS6503 and PS6504) on the G-Board (power supply). In my case, I replace the D-Board after the display went all warped, distorted, and almost in a 3-D in focus. After replacing the D-Board, the display did not change a bit though I can tell that the color is more vivid on the new board. After replacing the 2 pico fuses, everything worked fine and the focus and the color saturation on the new D-Board was multiple times better than what I had on the old board. The color and brightness level is just as good as the newer LCD sets currently available on the market. The G-Board is easy to pull-out so you can work with it with your soldering iron. Thanks, again, JRoque! By the way, the 2 pico fuses costs me an additional $3.98 !

joe j
Thanks to the great help i

Thanks to the great help i have almost completely repaired my tv. the problem is now i have a green oval in the middle of my picture. The other 2 colors are working great but the green is just the oval. any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

joe j
After looking at my tv more

After looking at my tv more closely, i noticed that the green is showing everything that it should, its just only in an area about 3 inches wide. Once again any ideas on how to fix this are appreciated.

thanks again

update: i found out that it was a poorly connected wire so once that was done the TV works again.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions

JMorehouse
I have the same convergance

I have the same convergance problem. can someone send me the service manual so i can do this myself?
[email protected]
[email protected]
Thanks.

Larry Dillon
if you people would really

if you people would really read these forums and post as most of you claim you would know that most of the manuals and service data is available on techlores home page under the resources tab in the technicians corner.

john2009
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have convergence issue with my Sony TV. Can you please email me the service manual for Sony KP53HS20

Thank you

Redman
LMAO Larry! I was just

LMAO Larry! I was just scrolling up and saw more people asking for service manuals and turned to my wife to say......."if you people would really read these forums and post as most of you claim you would know that most of the manuals and service data is available on techlores home page under the resources tab in the technicians corner." But as you know you already said it!

Redman
I believe it. I dont know if

I believe it. I dont know if you ever read over my thank you post but "THANKS" for your help with my set. Its working beutifully again with no other problems. We are moving to a new house next weekend so naturaly Im worried about moving it again. We shall see.

Hanleyrtcc
I have a KP51WS510 with a

I have a KP51WS510 with a blue convergence problem. Where on the D Board are the CI chips. I know what they look like but do not see them.

Larry Dillon
you can find the service

you can find the service manual of this set on the home page of techlore under the resources tab and then in the technician's corner. it will show you a chassis breakdown and where the convergence IC's are. Good Luck

crobjones
I swapped both chips, two 5A

I swapped both chips, two 5A pico fuses, tested all the 3.15A tested all the 4.7k resistors. checked and rechecked all my connections. and now the problem is worse and on a different color. First it was the red, now it's the blue.
And I have now lost audio

Larry Dillon
did you use good replacement

did you use good replacement IC's? ALL IC;s are not alike even if they have the same numbers

jam
Same problem with convergence

Same problem with convergence so won't repeat it here.  Center of picture is fine but much worse at bottom and top (bowing effect).  I suspect stk's should be replaced and possible picos.  Does the top and bottom bowing indicate which device is going out to lunch?

Larry Dillon
Always replace them both at

Always replace them both at once!!! Only with original Sanyo IC's

jam
I had planned on replacing

I had planned on replacing both stks and the picos but after removing the back and seems I can't even locate them, the other half is pushing to replace the set with a Vizio or something else. Who knows, maybe I will part this one out. Its a shame because it has been a good set but alas only an area about 1 square foot in the center is perfect then drops off from there.

Larry Dillon
AAH too far for me!! I am in

AAH too far for me!! I am in northern Michigan

BigEd
Hello Larry: I have a KP

Hello Larry: I have a KP-51WS510. Today I turned on the set and the red colour is all over the place. When I try to converge it I cannot alighn the red with the rest. The middle row seems ok but the left and right side is off. If I try to move it left right it becomes distorted and grainy. The top left and bottom right are off completely. What should I do.
Cheers,

Mike
[email protected]

mathelm
Stop trying to adjust it (

Stop trying to adjust it ( you may never get it straight now), and read backwards through this thread...

Larry Dillon
MIKE, Replace the two

MIKE, Replace the two convergence IC's BEFORE you touch the adjustments or you will mess it up bad!!!

mathelm
Finaly found those pictures..

Finaly found those pictures.....

BigEd
Replaced the two convergence

Replaced the two convergence ic's and adjusted the convergence and have the sharpest cleanest pictre ever...thanks guys.

ecollier2012
For those of you who don't

For those of you who don't want to wing the installation http://www.TvRepairKits.com has put together a complete kit for the Sony set. The kit includes factory original Sanyo STK chips, the 3.5 and 5AMP pico fuses, 4.7 OHM resistors, thermal paste, and a step by step photo instruction guide for the KP series.
Also note that we just purchased a large QTY of original Sony/Sanyo STK392-560 chips in the original factory Sony boxes. These were leftovers from a Sony supplier.

DanaandTim
Hi, it appears that I have

Hi, it appears that I have the same convergence issue with my Sony KP-57WS520 and would like to try to solve this problem myself if I could possibly get a copy of the service manual sent to [email protected]. Thank you,

DanaandTim
Hi, it appears that I have

Hi, it appears that I have the same convergence issue with my Sony KP-57WS520 if I could possibly get someone to send me the manual to [email protected], I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks,

Larry Dillon
DanaandTim, Go to the sites

DanaandTim, Go to the sites home page and click on the resources tab, then onto the technicians corner , then view all downloads and scroll down till you find your model and download it.

Pages

Connect With Techlore