sony KP-51WS510-convergence ic-help

936 posts / 0 new
Last post
Redman
Anyone in the chicagoland

Anyone in the chicagoland area want to buy this thing off me? I'll take any reasonable offer at this point. Im just tired of it!

Redman
I actually think i am just

I actually think i am just going to replace both boards! Where should I purchase them from? Any of your thoughts about this will again be greatly appriciated!

JRoque
Hello. Slightly different TV,

Hello. Slightly different TV, mine is a KP-65WV700. Upon turning the TV on 2 weeks ago, it popped (really!). This, of course, happened 4 days after the extended warranty had expired. The screen now shows a bow in the middle and the color convergence issue.

I replaced the STK chips, checked all fuses on the D board - nothing. I bought a replacement "D" board and installed it earlier today - nothing. I checked the fuses on the G board - which is on the opposite (right) side of the cabinet, laying horizontally, and they are all good. I checked all cables and reconnected all plugs confirming none were left unconnected or unseated. On my TV, the board that sits vertically on the "D" board is the "AD" board. It seems to be the logic that drives the "D" board - not sure what to check on that, if anything.

Any tips? Should I bother buying a new G board? I couldn't find the service manual here, will look to see if Sony sells it.

Thanks,
JR

mathelm
Not sure where to check, but

Not sure where to check, but if it "Popped" then that was a capacitor blowing.

Pitchkev
My sony KP-51WS510- is gone I

My sony KP-51WS510- is gone I have the shifted red to the right all but the center tehn the shift picks back up on the right sid as well. the ic's are out from all i have read and i would just like to replace the board any idea how i can get one or if not who would put the new chips on for me i can r and r the board. Thanks kevin

Redman
A while back I asked about a

A while back I asked about a small resistor(?) that looked like it was melting. Here are the pics. it is the small grey square one one the left. I will put the pics up as soon as I can figure how to.

Redman
Anyone know anywhere else to

Anyone know anywhere else to buy a d board? i checked with PTS corp and with Tristate module but neither have it. The g board is just under $150. I think im going to go ahead and buy that one. Now i have to find the d board.

Larry Dillon
why wont thry rebuild your

why wont thry rebuild your old one for you???I have sent ,a many a D boards and had them reworked?

AaronRx7
If anyone could send me a

If anyone could send me a copy of the service repair manual at [email protected] I'd greatly appreciate it. I just got one of these tv's for free and I'm aiming to repair it.

JRoque
Hello. Quick update: the TV

Hello. Quick update: the TV (KP-65WV700) is now fixed, here's the summary:

- Lost convergence after a "pop" when turning on the TV
- Found on the Internet that the STK drivers were a possible issue and replaced them
- Problem persisted so I ordered the entire "D" board (part #A1300883A) from Sony (https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/sony-parts.aspx) for $162 + shipping + returned of old D board.
- Problem persisted so I broke down and bought the service manual (http://www.Manuals-In-PDF.com, $15 download).
- Traced the voltages to missing +/- 19V
- Found two opened fuses (PS6503 and PS6504) and replaced them with http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=576-0251005.MRT1L for $0.39 each. Note: the original fuses might be slow-blow and the replacements are fast, so far so good but keep this in mind if they blow out again.

A couple of lessons learned with this project:

1. Always buy the service manual first :-)
2. Use and ohmmeter to check the fuses. A continuity check might fail, and it did for me, when checking the above two fuses. That's because a continuity check will buzz as if the fuses are ok but in reality the circuit it's measuring is through the discharged capacitors which look like a closed circuit to it. If you leave the continuity tester long enough there, the caps will charge and the buzzing will stop, showing that the fuses are opened.

Thanks for an excellent website!

JR

tdog
Need help trying to remove

Need help trying to remove FBT assy nx 4006 from sony 2004 51

Clay Lewis
Could someone -lease send me

Could someone -lease send me a copy of the service manual also so I can try and replace these 2 IC's in my Sony KP-51W510. Thank you much.....My e-mail addy is: [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Look in the technicians

Look in the technicians corner for that service manual download. it is available there as a free download,.

MIke Borowski
Can someone PLEASE send me

Can someone PLEASE send me the service manual as well? [email protected]

It would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

MellissaRose
Hi! My husband & I just

Hi! My husband & I just bought a used Sony KP-46WT510, wide screen projection TV and we need to replace the convergence IC since the green coloring is off, making a slightly double image. Does anyone know where I can find an on-line copy of the service manual? Thanks!

mathelm
http://www.techlore.com
MIke Borowski
The above Service Manual is

The above Service Manual is for the ws500, they wanted the 51ws510. I can e-mail to anyone who needs it.

Would ANYONE be willing to help me out with a few values from their service menu in the 51ws510 please?

mathelm
ok... try this one
MIke Borowski
Can anyone with a 51ws510

Can anyone with a 51ws510 PLEASE spare 10 minutes and help me. PLEASE, I beg you. I will paypal you some cash for your time. Thank you!

MellissaRose
Thank you so much for my link

Thank you so much for my link :) I hope I can figure out how to change the convergence IC!

MIke Borowski
My e-mail is MikesGravity

My e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks!

MIke Borowski
Can ANYONE with a 51ws510

Can ANYONE with a 51ws510 PLEASE donate 10 minutes and help me with some values in the service menu. PLEASE! Whenever I change anything re: HSIZ or HPOS or VSIZ or VPOS it changes ALL the inputs which throws off the 1080i signals if I calibrate using a 480p dvd.

THANK YOU

JRoque
Hey Mike, try PMing the

Hey Mike, try PMing the people on this thread that say they own that set. I've seen your plea for a couple of days and no one is stepping up.

JR

mathelm
MellissaRose said:

MellissaRose said:
Thank you so much for my link :) I hope I can figure out how to change the convergence IC!

Best picture on this thread yet... next to mine of course....

MellissaRose

Thanks :) Our part to our TV comes in on Friday. I hopefully will be watching a 46" TV by Friday night!

I really appreciate all the help!

Mandy8509
Hi! Would anyone mind sending

Hi! Would anyone mind sending me a link where I can buy the IC's or even that board thing for my Sony KP-51WS510? I received a free one and now I just need the parts and someone who will solder for me :0) Hopefully it will work out for me. Anyways I would be very greatful for the info. [email protected]

Also are the Sanyo ones ok to put in a Sony? Im a bit confused.. I follow directions well so, I can do everything but solder.. I got myself into a pickle!

Oh' Sorry for asking all over again btw but I don't know what links are good and whats expired advice.

denis
Hi Larry Dillon,

Hi Larry Dillon,
Very usefulcomments! I'm planning to give it a shot myself and fix this convercence problem I have with my Sony KP-51WS510. Would you be so kind and email me the service manual? Thanks a lot in advance!
my email is [email protected]

wfl_colorado
I fixed my convergence issue

I fixed my convergence issue a while back w/ help from you guys, but now when I turn my TV on it is a solid blue until the tv warms up. Any ideas?

Zia
Dear Larry Dillon,

Dear Larry Dillon,

Remember, two years ago you advised me to replace 2 convergence ICs on my Sony Projection TV KP-57WS510 to correct the convergence problem. I did and my TV worked fine for 2 years. Now the defect emerged in the picture is that picture is fizzy and red line jumps across the screen. Sometimes it is adjusted automatically for a moment and then goes again into precarious condition. Flash focus and convergence setting failed to resolve the problem. Great Dillon; I need your expert opinion whether I need to replace the ICs again or it is a different defect and what is that? I have checked all pico and other fuses, all are ok. Thanks.

calichief
Hi there, looking to see if

Hi there, looking to see if someone can send me the service manual for the KP-51WS510? Iam trying to save my father-in-law some money and repair his SONY TV. He has the problem of his colors Red and Blue shadowing the images on the screen. Sounds like the D board is the culprit?

Pages

Connect With Techlore