Mitsubsihi WD52527 White Lines

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
AZbob
Mitsubsihi WD52527 White Lines

Have a Mitsubishi 52" Model #WD52527.  There are evenly spaced vertical white lines running top to bottom the entire width of the screen.  Other than the lines the colors in the picture appear fine.  This first started three weeks ago and only at start up.  After the set was on for a feww minutes they would go away.  Now they are there more than they are not.  I want to have some idea of what it is before I call the tech to come to repair it.  Your help on knowing this is appreciated.  Thank you, bob

I have had it 21 months so is off warranty. b.

MOtvGuy
It sounds like a bad engine.

It sounds like a bad engine. Major $$.  Quick question. Are the lines showing through on the on screen menu screens?

AZbob
Lines are there under all

Lines are there under all conditions.  Menu screens, blue screen when changing to devices such as dvd and game as well as those screens too.  However, they come and go.  Sometimes there from start up, other times none at start up and come on after a while, other times not a all for days, then they come back.  The lines are evenly spaced, same width.  Other than the lines the picture is great.  Would the engine go bad after a year and a half? 

AZbob
Oh yes, what is major $$?  If

Oh yes, what is major $$?  If too much I will just get a new TV. 

MOtvGuy
Yep, sounds like an engine.

Yep, sounds like an engine. You're probably in the $1000 price range for the total repair.  What makes engines go bad?  They're not foolproof.  They fail.  Sometimes sooner rather than later.

Larry Dillon
Yeppers I agree with MotvGuy.

Yeppers I agree with MotvGuy.  By the way MotvGuy please contact me via e-mail at [email protected].  thanks

Connect With Techlore