application association

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
terry treat
application association

Hi, I recenly purchased a jornada 547 pda on e bay with the intention of downloading a rule book so i can save packing around alot of weight.Was able to get the desk top and pda to interface and even managed to transfer downloads from desk top to pda. But when I try to open file in pda a message appears : There is no application associated with ( said file ).Run the application first,then open this file from within the application.Not being very literate in this kind of thing I dont know what this means or what I have to do. Anyone with any help would be greatly appreciated by this techno illiterate.   

Matt Whitlock
What is the file extension

What is the file extension you're trying to open on the PDA? Are you sure there's a program on the PDA that can open it?

terry treat
I dont know what the file

I dont know what the file extension is and iam thinking that there isnt a program able to open file. How can I find out what the file extension is? And then where can i find a program able to open it? Do I need to convert file from a palm based systym to a windows based ( wich the jornada is ), could that be the problem? The files are pdb files. Thanks!

Connect With Techlore