apex ad-500a dvd player help

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Marsha
apex ad-500a dvd player help

I am trying to figure out why my dvd player is jumping the picture I have cleaned it and it still is jumping what can I do to fix the problem?

Matt Whitlock
When you say "jumping the

When you say "jumping the picture", do you mean that the picture is shaking up and down on the screen, or that it's skipping ahead several seconds/minutes while playing back a movie?

Marsha
Matt Whitlock said: When you

Matt Whitlock said: When you say "jumping the picture", do you mean that the picture is shaking up and down on the screen, or that it's skipping ahead several seconds/minutes while playing back a movie?

Jumping as in shaking up and down like its flipping the picture when i turn on my dvd palyer and insert a dvd to play and then the picture still jumps when the dvd is playine.

Matt Whitlock
The AD-500A was a model

The AD-500A was a model originally plagued with failures and defects. In fact, the importer was sued by the Chinese firm that manufactured them because  they refused to pay their invoice after they suffered a return rate of nearly 7% (high for an electronic device).

However, a shaky picture was not a common symptom of its many defects. So, before we deem it defective let's investigate a few options.

First, can you explain how you have the DVD player connected? Does it connect directly to the TV, or does it go into a VCR or other device first? Second, are you using the yellow composite output, or the S-video. Or, are you connected with an RF modulator?

Does this happen with all DVDs, or only specific ones? 

Marsha
Matt Whitlock said: The AD

Matt Whitlock said: The AD-500A was a model originally plagued with failures and defects. In fact, the importer was sued by the Chinese firm that manufactured them because  they refused to pay their invoice after they suffered a return rate of nearly 7% (high for an electronic device). However, a shaky picture was not a common symptom of its many defects. So, before we deem it defective let's investigate a few options. First, can you explain how you have the DVD player connected? Does it connect directly to the TV, or does it go into a VCR or other device first? Second, are you using the yellow composite output, or the S-video. Or, are you connected with an RF modulator? Does this happen with all DVDs, or only specific ones? 

On the front of my tv I have a white and yellow conector that the cable hooks into the tv fromt he dvd player. It shakes with all my dvds including the cleaning one. I have even changed it from my one tv to the one in my bedroom and it still does the same thing on shaking.

Matt Whitlock
By the sound of it, I'd say

By the sound of it, I'd say your player has malfunctioned in such a way that repair or replacement is warranted. This is evident by the fact that all DVDs suffer from the same issue, and that you've tried the player on multiple TVs. Thumbing through the manual for the player, I saw nothing user adjustable that would explain the symptoms you're having. You could try using the S-video output on the player, but it's doubtful that will solve the problem.

Given the age and price range of the player, repairing it wouldn't be cost effective. I'd recommend replacing the DVD player with a new one.

Best of luck. I hope you come back and talk about your new DVD player with the rest of the community.

Connect With Techlore