HELP!! Channel delay on my Philips 64'

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Scullyism
HELP!! Channel delay on my Philips 64'

Help! I have a Philips 64inch projection television manufactured in Jan of 2002, model 64P8342. About 7 weeks ago, the television started going totally black when you press the channel up or down button, then about 20 seconds the picture shows up. I did troubleshooting on the Philips website and it says that a 10 second delay is normal, but I timed it and it is 22 seconds. There is also the same delay when I press any other function key with the remote or the television controls.(volume, menu, etc.). PLease Help! I called customer care and they said that since it wa sno longer under warranty, I had to pay $15 over the phone just for them to talk to me with no guarantee they could help me.

Matt Whitlock
I agree with you that there

I agree with you that there is something wrong with the TV, especially since it used to work properly. However, fifteen bucks just to talk to customer care is a rip-off.

I'd try contacting the dealer that sold you the TV. See what they suggest, or talk to someone in their (or their recommended) repair center who won't charge you for a phone call. Explain your situation, and maybe you can get a repair estimate over the phone.

Good luck. Post back and keep us informed as to your situation.

Connect With Techlore