Olympus Camedia C-5000 Zoom

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Kerri C-5000
Olympus Camedia C-5000 Zoom

I have a Olympus Camedia C-5000 Zoom. It has been working fine. Last time I used it was about a week ago with no problem. Today I try to use it and the lens starts to come out and then goes back in. Also, in the viewing window for pictures, I get this message:

D:
1E13
1E1B
1E13
1E1B

I have never seen that before and I don't know what it means. I thought the trouble was my battery so I replaced it with a new one. That wasn't the problem. Does anyone have any idea what is the problem and how to fix it? When I turn the camera on, you can hear a grinding type noise like it wants to work but can't.

Kerri C-5000
In regards to my last post

In regards to my last post (about the Olympus Camedia C-5000 Zoom), I did buy a new battery thinking that was the problem; I thought maybe my battery was just worn out, I don't know. Anyway, I put a brand new battery in my camera yesterday, 10/26 and it already needs recharging. I barely used it! (I used it for about 30 minutes total...shouldn't need recharging already but it appeared to be dead when I turned on my camera just a few minutes ago) Anyone have any idea why this could be happening? The camera was not dropped or anything of that nature. I am puzzled. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

S
Have any of you heard of this

Have any of you heard of this problem? My display screen shows an image breifly when the camera is turned on and then switches to showing nothing but grey. I don't know if this is a problem with the camera or if the brightness for the display turned to far down. If the latter, does anyone know if there's a way to reset the camera to factory settings since I cannot see the menus in the display to get to the brightness settings? If anyone has any info on this I would appreciate it!

Matt Whitlock
Kerri, I've seen similar

Kerri,

I've seen similar problems with a different brand, but I have not been given a satisfactory answer as to the reason for this behavior. The best advice I could give you would be to contact Olympus. I would love it if you could post back with what they tell you.

S,

I have not heard of this problem. Are you experiencing this problem with an Olympus C-5000?

S
Matt -Yes, this problem is

Matt -

Yes, this problem is with the C-5000 Zoom also. We contacted Olympus via e-mail and they did not give us any specific information; the response looked more like a form response telling us to send it in (which I don't think it would be worth doing at this point). Any ideas?

Thanks!

S.

Connect With Techlore