Toshiba SDV291 giving problems!

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Chocolateball
Toshiba SDV291 giving problems!

This problem is regarding my Toshiba SD-V291 DVD Player/Video Cassette recorder. When I try to play the VHS mode my TV shows nothing except for a black screen (no picture), but I can hear the sound. My TV, which is a Toshiba 24AF43, is set to Video mode, but still the Video Cassette doesn't play. The strange thing is that whenever I play the DVD player it works, the picture and sound are present. So what could the problem be? I have made all the right connections, according to the manual and I have had this player for 2 years now. This problem only happened, afterI connected a new DVD recorder to my TV etc I have taken the DVD recorder off now and I have been trying to set up the DVD/Video combo as it was before with the TV, but it is giving me problems with the VHS mode? Please help!

Matt Whitlock
Some combos cannot output

Some combos cannot output video for both the VHS and DVD players through the S-video or component connections. I'd be willing to bet that yours is the same way. Try connecting a composite (yellow) cable to the back of the display, and see if you get video for the VCR.

Chocolateball
Thanks for the post Matt. We

Thanks for the post Matt. We are not connecting the player through the S-Video or component connections. We have used the A/V-Cable, which has three wires (yellow, white and red) coming out of the VCR and connecting to the TV. HELP!

Matt Whitlock
I see nothing in your user

I see nothing in your user manual that would prohibit the VHS and DVD picture from using this connection. As a test, try connecting an RF cable (the screw on kind) from the OUT on the combo to an IN on the TV. Set your TV to channel 3 or 4, and see if you get a VCR picture that way.

Post back with your results.

Chocolateball
Thank you Matt.I did exactly

Thank you Matt.I did exactly as you said.It's still not displaying picture, but it does play the sound.Please suggest something else.

Regards

Connect With Techlore