Kenmore Microwave oven

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
garycole
Kenmore Microwave oven

My kenmore microwave will not operate. when the door is closed the light stays on as if it is not recongnizing that the door is closed, so once i program the timer and press start it does nothing as it is still see the door being open.  Model # 665-626-19200

evil
There are hooks on the door

There are hooks on the door that hits a switch inside the microwave, is your door missing any of these? The switch on most are very reliable one thing you could do is jam paper in the hole where the hook makes contact with the switch and make the microwave think the door is shut all the time, dangerous for the obvious reason.

garycole
both 'hooks' are still in

both 'hooks' are still in place and seems to be making contact with the switch inside the oven. when I remove the control panel I can see how with the door closed the position of the 'hooks' in relation to the switches. and they are making contact.

soyerappliances
Power Diode

Power Diode

A diode is an electronic component that readily passes current in one direction only and blocks the flow of current in the opposing direction. If your microwave's diode has become defective, your microwave will not heat and you will hear a buzzing noise. Test the diode to determine if this is the cause of your problem. Replace it if it is defective.

How to test a microwave diode.
How to replace a microwave diode.

Connect With Techlore