Mitsubishi WD-73C8

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
HNO Justin
Mitsubishi WD-73C8

I bought this WD-73C8 TV from Costco in late 2008, not a lot of use. This morning I turned it on and got rough audio but no picture. Lamp light is not blinking. I tryed the 'System Reset' button, no dice. Now after unplugging and restarting, it turns itself off after 30 seconds or so and only audio. I have seen other posters about different Mitsu models with the "blinking green light" any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for insight, best,

Justin

Kato
Justin, 

Justin, 

I have recently resolved my blinking green light without replacing shit. I was told the ballast, DM board, capacitors, power board, lamp connection. 

I had replaced the lamp and the light started.  I searched for four months on threads and forums.  It seems everyone has the same issue after the lamp is replaced or a power out..  I found one thread out of hundreds suggesting a "factory reset" different from the reset on the front panel. Maybe the software is corrupt or the whole thing needs a reset to default with a new lamp. What ever the case this did it for me. I am thinking yours is a mitsu too so maybe.

Try this when your tv powers up in those 15-30 seconds hit "Menu 1,2,3" on your original remote. This takes you to the factory settings. Select "initiate factory reset". This corrected my 52" Mitsu. I was about to take it apart for the 4th time and start replacing caps. Thank God I didn't. 

Post your results.

Kato

Alfonso.vitela
I have the WD73C8 Mitsubishi.

I have the WD73C8 Mitsubishi. I replaced the fans and a new lamp but now a yellow lamp light keeps flashing. If I hold the reset button down then the green light comes on until I release the button,then the yellow blinking lamp light comes back on. I can't get the TV to turn on no sound or picture. Any suggestions?

Kato
Have you checked to make sure

Have you checked to make sure the back lamp door is closed securely? there is a trip mechanism in the door that will not allow the tv to power on if the door is not replaced properly.

Connect With Techlore