Mitsubushi 55513 Convergence

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Diskpack
Mitsubushi 55513 Convergence

After repair to this unit, the convergence (as I am told) was totally skewed. Setting to factory default did not do anything. It seemed as though the default was set to be skewed. I was told that I would need to manually aligh each color grid. I was able to correct it but did not know I needed to do this for all the signal types (standard, HD, DTV, ete...)

Now that I am able to get HD content I would love to be able to watch it. Unfortunately, without the convergence it is all blurred.

Is there an easy way to correct this so that everything is set correctly, as it came from the factory.

-Diskpack

evil
Sometimes the eeprom gets

Sometimes the eeprom gets corupted. I know that on most Sony's it has a feature to set the parimaters from one to all of them. Read slowly through the manual on that section. It may be in there.

quick_draw_mcGraw
I've looked in the owners

I've looked in the owners manual but it shows the basics. Also I'm trying to fix the bowing as well, which is the difficult part. I'm wondering if the EEPROM lost it's setting. If so is there anyway to program it to like it came from factory. This is what the screen looks like.

evil
Not the owners manual the

Not the owners manual the service manual from the technicians corner under the resources tab click view all downloads the information stored in the EEPROM was the factory settings if it got corrupted.... Not much you can do but try to get it back to as close as factory as it was. After the convergence repair it should have corrected the miss alignment. You may have missed a fused or resistor or got bad chips. Did you do it yourself or have someone do it? Where did you get your chips at?

quick_draw_mcGraw
I did not get theĀ convergence

I did not get the convergence repaired, it was something else.  I had to sent the entire chassis to PTSCORP for repairs.  After I got it back, I starting having the issue.  This is what it looks like.  As you can see it's skewed and bowed.

evil
Have you tried pulling up the

Have you tried pulling up the normal menu then pressing 0370 then press adjust to select initial and press enter. It's supposed to reset user adjustments back to factory before you make adjustments to the convergence. It doesn't really look all that bad. You must have had the dm assembly worked on. That's where the EEPROM or e2p is. I didn't see any option to set it back to factory in the service manual.

evil
On page 36 there is a

On page 36 there is a procedure for resetting the service mode items back to factory.

To reset items in the Service Mode to their factory values:
1. Press MENU-0-3-5-7 to enter the Service Mode.
2. Press the ?0,1,2,3,? insequence to Reset to the Factory
settings.

quick_draw_mcGraw
Evil,

Evil,

The DM was worked on as well something with power supply. I've trid both options but neither worked. So, I took the time and manually adjusted the green,red,blue convergence. Now everything looks ok but still some issues at the edges.

What I am confused about is when I set the green,red,blue convergence values according to factory settings it did not align everything. Therfore, I had to align is manually. You had mentioned something about the EEPROM being corrupted, how do I fix that so that everything gets set correctly. Because right now everthing looks OK visually but not really sure because there are still places where the grid does not look perfect.

Thanks,

evil
Other than buying a new

Other than buying a new EEPROM or dm assembly there's not much you can do, even if you did that chances are it would still be off a little, you could take it to an authorized dealer and see if they could correct it for you.

Connect With Techlore