OUR NETWORK: TiVo Community Explore3DTV My Open Router DVRplayground MediaSmart Home See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 224011.0
April 1, 2011 12:37 PM

Categories: Televisions and Projectors

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

greg8548

I have a 36 sony wega  trinitron , well it shuts it shelf off.  before it goes off the screen gets dark and fade off for  A second before it shuts off. now the tv diagnostics light blinks 7 times, worth fixing? called for a estimate $45.00 to have it look at if i drop it off, well dropping it off not a option cause of the weight of the tv. love the tv! i now the danger involved with tvs if i open it up and i can solder, could i fix it my self? thanks

Model # KV-36HS420

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-2 of 2 | Latest Comment

April 3, 2011 1:15 PM updated: April 5, 2011 2:24 AM

greg8548 said: I have a 37" Sony wega the old tube style, well it shuts it shelf it self off.  before it goes off the screen gets dark and fade off for second before it shuts off. now the tv diagnostics light blinks 7 times, worth fixing? called for a estimate $45.00 to have it look at if i drop it off, well dropping it off not a option cause of the weight of the tv. love the tv! i now the danger involved with tvs if i open it up and i can solder, could i fix it my self? thanks

also the tv has been unplugged for afew days, could this maybe fix the problem? -Thank you!

April 4, 2011 12:46 PM

Its a SONY WEGA KV-36HS420 TRINITRON.
I unplugged it for a few day and played a full dvd threw it, but never shut off. now im confused. Help any one

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-2 of 2 | Latest Comment

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window