Mitsubishi WS65513 error code 23 any help?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
mike_502
Mitsubishi WS65513 error code 23 any help?

Hello,

I have a mitsubishi WS65513. I picked it up not working. at first it had the blinking green light. replaced the capps on the dm and the light stopped blinking. then it would sound like it is trying to power up and makes a very quiet chirping sould 2 to 3 times in a row and powers down. It will do this as many times as you push the power button. At that point the tv had code 22. I replaced the convergense chips, used fresh paste, and now the tv does the same exact thing, but I get a code 23. I have not found an explanation for code 23. I checked it twice it is not code 32. One thing that may help in the diagnostics is that when I put the convergence board back in I forgot to plug in the wires going to the crt (R) board. and the tv will power up with no video. you actualy have to use the power button to turn it off. also if I connect the wires to the convergense board, and disconnect them from the crt (R) board the tv will power up for a few seconds and the screen will light up but then it powers back down. If I connect the wires to the crt (R) board, and disconnect the wires going from the crt (R) board to the crt(G) board the tv will power up for a few seconds and light the screen and shut back down. One the capps on each of the crt boards have been replaced. I did not do it so I don't know when it was done, but if too large of capps were installed could the tv think there is a short, from the extra current used to fill the capps, if they are indeed larger?  there is 3 capps on the crt boards, the ones that were replaced are in behind the socket for the crt, if you are in front of the tv and they are 1000 uf any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Mike

mike_502
evil,

evil,

Ok I don't know what that meens. Any Ideas on where to go from here.

Thank You,
Mike

evil
Could be convergence IC's,did

Could be convergence IC's,did you find any resistors or pico fuses bad inline with the IC's you changed? or shorted windings in a transformer to a bad HOT = Horizontal Output Transistor. To many possibilities...

mike_502
evil,

evil,

I will check the resistors I already checked the fuses. Thank you for your help.

Mike

graffitiboi08
hello to all, maybe some will

hello to all, maybe some will be able/willing to help me out.have a mitsu ws65869 thats giving me an error code 23 loss of loss of horizontal deflection.i have done the dm cap repair to this set before it was mine. i also changed out pc9a51 photo-coupler with TLP421 and ic9a51 ic error amp with NTE7215.worked for a week or so than started back with error 23.any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Connect With Techlore