Horizontal Green Lines Sony Grand WEGA

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
Woogie Boogie
Horizontal Green Lines Sony Grand WEGA

I have a Sony KF-50WE620 with green horizontal lines going across the whole screen on inputs 5,6,7 (component inputs). The other inputs DO NOT have these lines and work fine.

They are uniform in size, color, evenly spaced, spanning across from top to bottom, and are going from left to right. The lines do not scroll. The green horizontal lines show up on the screen regardless if I have a device attached to the TV or not. If I turn down the color, the lines disappear but with the expensive of picture quality.

I did a hard reset on the chipset with no luck. I have also:

-Replaced the Tuner board (http://www.discount-merchant.com/SONY-1-689-373-12- Video-RF-Tuner-p/1121532.htm)
-Replaced the Video Input board (http://www.discount-merchant.com/1078369-KF-50WE620-p/1078369.htm )

What could be the problem? I only see these lines on these 3 inputs.

I have attached a picture below.

Thanks for your help! 

Sony's Defects
I have the same issue.

I have the same issue.

I have described it to Sony and I think it is the Optical Block issue. Go to I have a defective sony on facebook.

zapdbf
If it was an optical block

If it was an optical block issue it would occur on all inputs not just specific ones. Can you bring up the internal test patterns and see if the lines exist here, if they do you can isolate between the optical block and the video processor, there are test patterns in both the optical block and in the video processor. Do the lines go through the on screen display?

bnward
I have a Sony KF-42WE610 with

I have a Sony KF-42WE610 with the exact same issue (started last week) when the set is turned on after off overnight. The issue lasts for about the first 10 minutes, then clears. Second bulb replaced about 2 months ago.

Did you ever find the cause? As a side note I also have the fingerprint issue but now know it is just dust, on an optical part and not a component problem.

Thanks for any help.

No Sound
I have the same issue... sony

I have the same issue... sony said i have to send it for repair... video input 1-4 are fine and 5-7 have lines..... thoes are the HD inputs... did you fined a cure for this?

Woogie Boogie
Never found a solution.

Never found a solution. Ending up watching SD (standard definition) and eventually got a new TV.

paulcummings55
I had the same issue- green,

I had the same issue- green, horizontal lines just for the HD inputs, the component and DVI screens. I found a couple of other posts that pointed to the DIC2 board, which is inside of the DIC block, as the culprit. I finally found a DIC2 board sold separately, for about $34- I replaced that, and voila! the lines are now gone! I got the part from (with a 10% discount): http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=A1302466B

bnward
Had this issue since March

Had this issue since March 2011 and followed Paul's advice, got the DIC2 last night installed it about 1 1/2 hours, works a treat $39.00 dollars now and 3 days shipment to Oregon!!!!!! Mikie likes it.

paulcummings55
I am glad my own experience

I am glad my own experience was able to help someone else in this, bnward- congrats on getting the HD picture back to normal!

jboomgaarden
Did this part work in a

Did this part work in a KF50WE620 or was it a KF50WE610?

bnward
Mine is a KF-42WE610 so I can

Mine is a KF-42WE610 so I can't say if the fix would work on the others. I would think so on the KF-50WE610 as they are the same series BUT I don't know for sure!

paulcummings55
Mine was the KF-50WE610 that

Mine was the KF-50WE610 that this fix was successful for- whether it will work for other models, I do not know for certain- but if they are similar with the exact same problem, and use the same part, I would think there is a good chance that replacing the DIC2 board will fix it. However, I am not a TV repairman, so take this advice at your own risk. At least the part can be found pretty cheaply now, so it is not a huge risk.

jboomgaarden
Pretty sure the 620 is an

Pretty sure the 620 is an different block, that's why I asked, thanks. Still looking for a part to fit a 620 block

jboomgaarden
Took my kf-50WE620 apart and

Took my kf-50WE620 apart and the number on the DIC 2 board is A1302849A or 1-689-269-31. I ordered one from shopjimmy.com and will let you know if it
solves the problem. 70.00 including shipping to Canada

paulcummings55
Ahh- sorry yours was more

Ahh- sorry yours was more expensive. By using the same 'part' I did mean necessarily the same part number, but a DIC2 board, which presumably would cause the same issue when going bad. When I did reseach, what cost $70 was the whole DIC Block- the board was around half that, which sits inside the block (which is just as couple of halves of sheet aluminum with 3 boards inside of it). The cost is probably a supply and demand thing, and since the 610 is a bit older, perhaps more parts are available.

Well- let us know how the replacement works!

Larrym
KF-42WE610 Have had this

KF-42WE610 Have had this same problem since I replaced my bulb 2 years ago.The lines are much finer on HD channals and wider on the digital channals, like the picture here.
Glad there is a fix.
Is the DIC board on the block a plug in componet or is there solding invovled or would buying the entire block be a easier fix.

paulcummings55
Buying the block is easer,

Buying the block is easer, but there is no soldering involved- just taking the block apart with a screw driver.

jboomgaarden
i put that board in my

i put that board in my 50WE620 tonite and the lines are gone all inputs are perfect. 

paulcummings55
Excellent, Deleu- nice to

Excellent, Deleu- nice to have the HD screen back;-)

Matrix0511
Hey Guys, I've confirmed I

Hey Guys, I've confirmed I have this exact same problem. And I confirmed it doesn't happen on NON-HD video channels. Only on HD video.

But I'm not a techie when it comes to circuit boards like you guys are so I need to ask...is it easy to find and replace this circuit board?

If so, where can I find it specifically on the TV? I have my front panel off and I can see where the lamp assembly goes. I then see another section which looks like where the circuit board might be. its directly across..to the right of where the lamp is.

Could someone give me some simple steps for a newbie to circuit board replacements? I need to get this replaced ASAP before it completely goes out.

Thanks!!

John

Curlew, WA
I just inherited a kf-50we620

I just inherited a kf-50we620 and found I have the same issue. Ordered a DIC2 board off of Ebay last night. Wondering how labor intensive this is. It would be nice to see a video posted on Youtube of how to replace this thing. Anyone have any pointers?

Redoc
Hi all just joined.  I know
Hi all just joined.  I know this is a old post but replacing the board has it worked for you all?  Have the green lines and just put my 3rd lamp in.  Last replaced 1 1/2 ago so she still kicking to me old set in a back bedroom.  Just don't want to chase it like a clear coat paint job on car. Paint the hood the side panel goes .......ect.  Any thoughts? 49.00 or what doesn't seem that bad.  Link is out but I found another one.  Just looking for thoughts. Thanks!!!
Redoc
My bad its a KF-50WE610
My bad its a KF-50WE610

Connect With Techlore