Panasonic PT-53WX53 convergence problems

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Go Colts
Panasonic PT-53WX53 convergence problems

Hello all.

I recently purchased a Panasonic PT-53WX53 TV for fairly cheap, which had picture problems.  Essentially no movement of the blue and fairly moderate warping at the top of the screen.  After some internet research, & discovery of Chris Palmer's self repair article, I purchased a repair kit from TVRepair kits.com, and have now replaced both IC's.  After this, their was little to no change & I was still unable to get the "blue" to move.  So I dove back into the circuit board, verified all of my solder joints on the ICs were solid, clear, & clean, removed & tested all convergence resistors (all good) and reinstalled, and then carefully hooked all plugs back in, inspecting each connectors pins to unsure none were bent.

At this time I feel that all solder connections are solid & clear from each other on both IC's, all resistors test good & are soldered clean, and that all connectors are attached cleanly.  Unfortunately, nothing much has changed in regards to being able to adjust my convergence.

1. On each screen, the blue is too high & up to the right.
  2. Still a little warping up top.
  3. I can adjust the green & red with no problems.
  4. When I try to adjust the blue, the green moves.  Cannot get the blue to move at all.

So I need some expert help.  I have a service & owners manual for troubleshooting, but am not an electrician or TV repairman, so will only be able to do so much.   From my above description, can you tell me what next to look at to get the blue to move so I can get this TV up & running again?

Thanks in advance to all who reply.  Go Colts!!!!

modelofchrist
(I snapped some pictures of

(I snapped some pictures of each screen, but could see where to attach them, so if pictures would help, I can try to get them to you)

modelofchrist
Picture of my screen can be

Picture of my screen can be seen at:

http://s514.photobucket.com/albums/t342/dkandboys/Panasonic%20PT-53WX53/

Any suggestions are appreciated!

modelofchrist
Just got your message Larry!

Just got your message Larry! Sorry I missed this request earlier. My prayers are with for a full & speedy recovery!!

What component would you recommend I start with if I am getting no horizontal and no vertical blue movement but when I have blue selected, the green moves?

Panasonic model # PT-53WX53

email: [email protected]

Problem: Blue won't move.

(I wouldn't know how to spam if I tried)

Thank you!!

Dave

modelofchrist
Larry wrote:

Larry wrote:

"sounds like you may have a convergence yoke plug in the wrong connector. there should be a letter or two on the female plug and the same on the board. please check those and make sure they are all in the proper connector onto the board.
'
Larry

My response:

Thanks Larry!

That was it!! I purchased the TV from a young guy who couldn't get it working. He had done a pretty shoddy job on the ICs from what I could see. Apparently, he swapped the D15 & D16 yolk plugs when he put it back together. When I went to disconnect everything to replace the IC's, I labeled the plugs as I found them, which was backwards on these two plugs.

My clue was the two plug (D15 & D16) wire harnesses did not look like they were coming from the main harness in a natural or relaxed position. In apprearance they looked swapped.

I now have complete convergence control on all colors, and have gotten it really close on initial adjustment. Now I just need to get the TV out of my garage & into the house, fine tune adjust the convergence & I should be in great shape to watch my Colts win the Superbowl!!!! Then the kids get the TV in the basement for their Xbox.

Thanks again Larry! What Techlore is doing for people in the area of TV repair is wonderful!! God Bless!! Dave

Go Colts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 19:17:40 -0800
Subject: Re:
To: [email protected]

Connect With Techlore