Mitsubishi WS65613 Wavy Horizontal picture

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rami4life
Mitsubishi WS65613 Wavy Horizontal picture

I have a 6 year old Tv that has been working fine with no problems and just recently the picture started going wavy (the waviness is horizontal. it almost looks like water waves going across the screen.) It will do this on any input and there is a high pitch noise that can be heard when this is going on. I can turn the TV off for about 5 minutes and it will go away but it comes back randomly. does anyone know what could be causing this?

Poormansfixitguy
Yea i have a TV that does the

Yea i have a TV that does the same thing!

eagle2
I have a ws65613 has no

I have a ws65613 has no signal but htv has the horizontal flicker but still no picture

kkruzito
I'm starting 2 notice dat

I'm starting 2 notice dat allot of these type of tv's r having da same problems & yet nobody can seem 2 give me an answer 2 y it does it. I guess it might b a hard 1 2 crack. I 2 am having da same wavy horizontal thing happening 2 my tv. What I do is, every time it goes wavy, i turn it off 4 about 1 to 2 min's then, I turn it back on until it warms up. It'll do this wavy stuff another 4 to 5 x's until it warms up. But once I get it nice & warm, it'll stay on thru da rest of da day. Sometimes I just won't turn it off @ all. I'll let it run overnight. I dont pay 4 electricity. Just watch 4 no burn-ins. U can also unplug it 4 da night, then plug it back in in da morning & then it should run fine. Dats what I do. @ first I thought keeping it cool w/ a fan was doing da trick. But then I found out dat keeping it warm also does da trick. Sooo...go figure. Sometimes I dont know what does da trick. It's better than throwing it away. I have a big 'ol 65". Da good thing is dat u dont have 2 keep buying bulbs 4 da damn thing. I hope dis news discourages u from throwing it away.

Rami4life
I got my TV fixed at the

I got my TV fixed at the beginning of the year. I found out what the issue is. There are a couple of capacitors that have gone out on one of the main circuit boards. Pull the board out (if you know how and look for the capacitors that have blown. You will need to know how to solder and have the right capacitors. I apologize for not knowing which board it is. If I remember I will post.

kkruzito
Dear Rami4life,

Dear Rami4life,

I read ur post & I hope u remember which board it is. The more info the merrier. If u want 2 stay in contact w/ me (& I hope u could/would) so that u can help me fix my tv, u can by contacting me via email @ kkruzito2011 @ yahoo .com. I appreciate u taking da time to read my post. Question? Who fixed it 4 u? Where? Price payed? Location? Like I said earlier...da more info da merrier. Do u still have da tv? Can u take a pic & send it 2 me so dat I can know what part of da tv got fixed? Bro... u dont know how much of a big favor u r doing 4 me & everyone else on dis post. I appreciate all da help u can give me right now, cause boy do I need it!. Thank you very much!...kkruzito

Rami4life
hey Kkruzito,

hey Kkruzito,

I will E-mail you specifics and pics to your E-mail once I have them. For now to answer some of your questions... The person who fixed it was a repair technician that my family knew. He works on tvs and other electronic devices. He came to my home to fix directly. It took him about an hour to an hour and a half. We paid 250 to fix it. He did say that these types of tv's last way longer than most because the bulbs and other major components don't go out as fast and that even though my TV was 7 years old when he was fixing it that it could last another 10 years. The board that I am talking about inside the TV was pretty simple to get out but replacing the transistors was tricky. They were placed in a highly populated area so one wrong move and bad things can happen so make sure you really have a pro looking at it. I dont want to scare you just to make you aware that you dont a rookie working on this. If you want to see what type of TV I have just type this in a google search WS 65613 and it should come up with the picture of my tv till I can get you pics.

kkruzito
Wasup Rami4life,

Wasup Rami4life,

I appreciate all dat ur doing not only 4 me but 4 everyone in dis room & everyone on dis website. I know dat everyone is gonna find dis info very helpful. I hope dat everyone is greatful (b/c u know I am) 4 da help dat ur giving us/me. So we/I look forward 2 getting those specs & pics from u very soon. I don't know how else or how much 2 thank u. Well.....first lets get dis tv working then we'll talk about da thanking part..just kidding!..lol...again thank u very much & I hope 2 hear from u soon.....kkruzito!

Connect With Techlore