mitsubishi wt-42413 PLEASE READ AND HELP

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
bobnew716
mitsubishi wt-42413 PLEASE READ AND HELP

i have problems with the mitsubishi wt-42413 rear proj tv..ok so it shuts off after a while of being on then i have to wait like 30 min to turn it back on when its cooled down...i checked the error while it was off and the code was 24 the tv kept shutting off with the same error each time. ok so now i left it on all day while the cable was on and it shut off. so i thought maybe in 30 it would turn back on.. but i guess not.. the error code is 24 now.and i let it sit for 24 hours unplugged. tried to plug it back in and try it but now luck . same thing,..and now its error 24 and wont turn back on without instantly shutting off without showing picture..the tv was replaced by a tech guy a few years back when a friend owned it. and i looked at the IC's and they are the exact same except the numbers on the top right corner of the chip they are both stk394-250 sanyo.i have the service manual and took the tv apart and resoldered the IC's and applied new paste but i guess that wasnt the problem.. i was thinking about getting new sanyo IC chips and new capacitors and checking the fuses... my multi meter is on its way .. LARRY or somebody please help i like this tv it has great picture .. i can send u the sevice manual through email.. if so please email me at [email protected] thanks alot.      

edit: when the tv would stay on i would get the 3d pic like every one else says..and it would display 3 different pictures of text and pic.

i just uploaded the pics around the ics and it looks like theres some bad resistors. caps look good and theres stk pics.

Larry Dillon
thebest The advice I can tell

thebest The advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK ICÂ’S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made ICÂ’S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases GOOD LUCK!!!
Larry Dillon, senior tech/tvrepairkits.com

ecollier2012
Remove the IC chips...and see

Remove the IC chips...and see if the TV stays on and the tubes light up. Is so get the convergence kit Larry mentioned.

If it does not work without the chips installed - you do not need to replace them - at least not yet. I would check the fuses. There is a decal on the inside wall that shows you where they are.

If the fuses check out ok - get the blinking light kit instead.

Ed

bobnew716
ok thanks both of you.. i

ok thanks both of you.. i will try to take the chip out first then il let yous know what happens.

Connect With Techlore