Vizio VX32L problem with screen and/or power?

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
cylaali
Vizio VX32L problem with screen and/or power?

Hey all,
About 6 months ago, I moved from California to Texas and drove with my Vizio in the trunk, securely wrapped. When I got to Texas, I hooked it up, and it worked just fine. Watched tv for a few hours, turned it off and then went back to it several hours later and it wouldn't work.

Basically, I turn on the TV, either by the remote or on the set itself, and the Vizio light turns from orange to white (which means it's powered on). Then the screen flickers once or twice and does nothing. I can't change channels, volume, anything. And the remote or set won't do the trick either. It won't power off unless I pull the plug out of the wall. Someone suggested I reset it, but I'm not sure how to do that. Any ideas/help/suggestions to get this to work again or am I screwed?

pezlo
I dont have an answer for you

I dont have an answer for you but your not alone. Have the some problem with my Vizio 32 LCD. I hope that its not to expensive. Since mine is only alitle over a year old.

cylaali
grant816 said:

grant816 said:

I dont have an answer for you but your not alone. Have the some problem with my Vizio 32 LCD. I hope that its not to expensive. Since mine is only alitle over a year old.

You're not the only one. I did some searching on the internet and saw quite a few others have this issue. Mine messed up a month after my 1 year warranty ended. Terrible timing.

Alnp
Guys,

Guys,
Best case it could be a loose wiring connector, a pinched or cut wire shorting to a sharp metal edge, or some bad caps on the ps.

It could also be other problems in the ps, inverter, lcd board or panel, or main board.

I don't know anything about this outfit, but maybe based on your problem description they can tell you where to start:
https://www.vizparts.com/contact.php

pezlo
What is the ps? I took off

What is the ps? I took off my cover and checked fuses in the 3 boards that i could see. No burned smell or visual problems with boards. What are the caps you refer to.
Thanks

nerioinvisible
I'm having the exact same

I'm having the exact same problem. I called the Vizio tech support line and the agent told me it was the power supply, but since my TV was out of warranty they couldn't repair it. I'm not sure how accurate that diagnosis is. Has anyone else called the support line?

pezlo
I called the tech line and

I called the tech line and they told me to take to a tv repair place and gave me to unhelpfull numbers.

poorvizio
my problem is your watching

my problem is your watching tv and then it just goes blank remote also goes out it will not come on til i un plug it. but the more i unplug it the more i half to any help on this would be grateful thanks.

NHRAguy
The power problem with my (1

The power problem with my (1-year + a month or so old) 32" Vizio started out with a clicking noise and a delay until it powered up. After a couple of weeks of this, it won't power up at all. After seeing all the other reported problems on the Internet, I talked to the local Wal-Mart electronics guy. He gave me the name of a local repair shop that does all of their work. I called the shop and they told me they don't work on Vizios... they have to be sent to Vizio for repair and Vizio charges $400 just to look at the TV. I told the guy I was fairly confident about the power supply problem. He told me that if I could get a part number, he would be willing to attempt repairs. No price quote yet. While I was talking with him, he mentioned that RCA was about to pull back all local repair possibilities as well. Narrowing the list of TVs I will consider in the future.

NHRAguy
I wouldn't recommend calling

I wouldn't recommend calling the number in the previous post. I Googled it and the information returned isn't at all favorable.

Regarding my Vizio power problem... after considerable research, I took it to our local dump and disposed of it. (And I have been in the computer industry for over 40 years... so I know how to fix this stuff.)

Matt Whitlock
Agreed.

Agreed.

Franck, please observe the forum rules:

#4 - Do not advertise your business or use the site for financial gain in any discussion or through the site's Private Message System.

Full set of rules are here: http://www.techlore.com/help/forum_policy

ahmed 1111
ana msh 3aref fi eiiiiiih ???

ana msh 3aref fi eiiiiiih ????? kol youm ashtrri tv mn da w ba3d 2 years ala2ih baz 7aram keda :P wla eih ya .... :P :P now i have to turn on my lights to sleep

tomnews2001
Threw our 2yr old Vizio 47"

Threw our 2yr old Vizio 47" into the ewaste about 8 or 9 months ago after it quit turning on after finding out that Vizio would charge over a $1,000 to fix it. According to some people that is the standard charge to fix their big TVs. We then bought a 55" LED Vizio and now, 9 months later we are getting the reboot TV problem as well as some clicking and blank screens. Going to tell my wife to phone the place we bought it (costco I think) and get the concierge service to get this 55" Vizio replaced.

Just thinking of what manufacturer of TV to purchase next - really thinking of not purchasing Vizio this time.

BeeHaven
I have had my Vizio for 3yrs

I have had my Vizio for 3yrs and never had a problem until one day it was on, I left the room, returned and it was making a weird sound turned it off, turned it back on but there was no picture and it won't respond to either the remote or the buttons on the tv. And I can't find anyone that works on Vizio. The repair guy told me "Good luck on getting Vizio to warranty anything. And no one works on them." Thanks a lot Vizio.

Hard Working Woman
Hey - news on contacting

Hey - news on contacting Vizio. Get ready fora nicey nice run around. Thye will not replace your TV with a new one after you have it for 90 days or less unless you are willing to pay them $250. for the exact same TV.(fee for what I do not know). If you want it replaced for free, they will offer you a re-furbished TV that they say is like new. I got so angry with them after having to exchange for the same 47" Vizio TV within the first few weeks at Cost Co due to flickering of sound and pic when turning on. The next TV was fine but turned itself on and off. When gone from home for a few days, the TV always had turned itself on - so not ok, and stayed on. Vizio then sent me a firmware upgrade to resolve the turning itself on and off issue but that caused the flickering to return and the on/off was not resolved. They then sent a sub contracted repair person to exchange the 'mother board' which did not fix the flickering but did fix the on/off issue. All in all this TV has been a disaster and Vizio got a major huffy attitude cause I was not happy and they refused to replace mine with a new same TV even though I purchased it late Dec 2011 and the last ditch offer of replacement was only in May 2011 (5 months later) and after numerous repair hassles on my part. Their customer service is like dealing with Nazi's. On the flip side,even though it has been past 90 days and due to all the trouble/effort I have gone through, Cost Co did not hesitate and stepped up. Cost Co will help me find a replacement at no charge to me. Forget Vizio. I just hope the new replacement if it is a VIZIO TV will be problem free and last yrs but that doesn't look promising - I'm not holding my breath for that one. Thank you Cost Co. Get lost VIZIO.

Dana S
We've had our 37" Vizio for

We've had our 37" Vizio for two years, as a TV in our bedroom that we rarely use. We are now getting the same clicking noise as it attempts to turn on, and now it will only turn on after the clicking is done and the cablebox is turned on *after* the TV, not before. I fully anticipate the TV to stop working any day now, which is ridiculous since we got our 40" Sony at the same exact time and was a Best Buy floor model, which is still running wonderfully. Someone really needs to report Vizio to the BBB for selling lemons.

Hard Working Woman
Thanks for the feedback. I

Thanks for the feedback. I have had 4 47" new Vizios (3 replacements) since January 2011. After a huge hassle Vizio agreed to replace the last TV with a new rather than a refurbished one. They ALL including my current one, bink on and off with the picture and sound when I turn it on each and every time. They said if it runs fine after I turn it on the blinking shouldn't bother me. I am set to contact Vizio again (ugh) today to report that their lastest exchange is doing the same thing and did from the first day. I do turn on the satellite and TV at the same time, and have not thought of waiting to turn on the satellite but that should not be something I have to do. I had repair people come out and multipul phone conversations with both Vizio and Cost Co re this issue. I have not gone away after the last TV was delivered and do not know if it will turn itself on after a few days like the other ones did while I am gone or not.

The only reason I have kept this TV is because it is so difficult to find a matt screen on TV's in AZ and the natural lighting glare on the screen in the room where the TV is very bright - otherwise I would have given it back. It looks like after 4 new Vizios, this is it. No use trying another Vizio. As you pointed out - my feeling is if this is happening from the first day, it indicates a manufacturing problem so what is to come, what will fail next and when?

tvharry
Hear Vizio has a big time

Hear Vizio has a big time problem with their latest TVÂ’s. They are trying to get parts to fix the problem. Oregon Attorney Generals office is on the case. Vizio is responding but canÂ’t seem to fix the problem. TV under warranty but as of yet not fixing or repacing.

tomnews2001
Does anyone know if Vizio has

Does anyone know if Vizio has or had been using the counterfeit Taiwanese capacitors that are popping because thay were manufactured with the wrong recipe ?

Hard Working Woman
Not sure what is going on but

Not sure what is going on but the flickering when turning the TV on continues even when the mother board and something called a T-Con was replaced. Seems these might be the major components and if that doesn't fix a flickering problem, then forget it. It worked ok until the day after the "repair" and thereafter, where the flickering is even more pronounced than it was before this tech came out and spent another 3 hrs in my home. They've sent two different techs (different per my request) and each only seemed to be able to take the parts off and put the new one (s) on - but otherwise were quite ignorant and did not have the basic knowledge to re set the TV settings or add the components correctly afterward. Even wasted my time by playing with my window coverings to adjust the natural lignting as if he was showing me something new in a home where I have lived for 9 yrs - please! This is the kind of on site technical help we receive from Vizio? Like I said, I love the pic but am more than a little concerned about the quality of a Vizio. I am returning the Vizio and replaceing it with a new 46" Sony Bravia next week.
P.S. The not very bright tech did say that on a scale of 1-10, he feels that Vizio is a 5 at best and most of his repair calls are for Vizios, and that any problems come up within the first 6 months. I pointed out that ITI, the Co. Vizio uses to provide tech support, has the Vizio contract in my area, but he said he services all TV brands as well. Who knows, I consider the source but still... I'm done. Good luck everyone. Thankfully I purchased my Vizio at Cost Co, they are completely standing behind me on this.

Jeddicus
my 55" vizio is doing the

my 55" vizio is doing the same dang thing. I had a 37 " that did it too. But i thought maybe that was because i had it stored for 3 months. but apparently, it is because vizio (the all american made tv {bull sh*t}) is a piece of sh*t. I will not buy another vizio again.

Connect With Techlore