Samsung HCN4226w Color Squiggly Lines

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
shep113
Samsung HCN4226w Color Squiggly Lines

I hope someone can figure out this problem.  A friend bought this TV, HCN4226w, new 2 years ago.  When they delivered it and hooked it up, it had thin red squiggly lines that fade in and out.  Most of the lines were vertical on the screen.  The guy told her it was the Comcast cable box causing the problem.   She had Comcast come out, and they said it was either the TV or an electrical problem in the house.  She just used the set as it was and never followed up with a repair.

After a year or so, the TV got worse and the ICS went out.   It now had double vision, bowtying, etc.  The board in this set was BP41-00045b PCB-CG amp.  In reading on the net and the posts in techlore, I replaced the board with http://www.partstore.com/Part/Samsung/Samsung/BP9400155A/New.aspx.  Everything looks good EXCEPT there are still red lines fading in and out.  A weird thing is going on.  When I move the cable box around a little, it gets better and worse. almost gone, I thought it had to be the cable box. So I unhooked the cable wire & hooked up the xbox, and It still has red lines.

One thing that is confusing is that there is another board listed for this set:  http://www.partstore.com/Part/Samsung/Samsung/BP9500142P/New.aspx.  I emailed  partstore.com. They said I had the right part, and they really couldn't tell me the difference between the 2 boards.

I know there are some people on this site who really know their stuff.  I could sure use your help.

Thanks!

cuda
can you post or email a photo

can you post or email a photo of the screen when it's acting up?

shep113
thank you for replay!Hope you

thank you for replay!pic-1Hope you know whats wrong, or what might be wrong?

shep113
cuda said: can you post or

cuda said: can you post or email a photo of the screen when it's acting up?

cuda, I went and took some photos!

cuda
Have you tried hooking up a

Have you tried hooking up a nother tv set on this line? What does it do? It does look like interference getting into you cable line, bad cable connector somewhere, wire, or splitter, it
could be in the set, if it is it looks to be a bad tuner. a few quick checks could narrow it down by either the cable people or a tech.

shep113
Yes, she has a 27" tv that

Yes, she has a 27" tv that looks great, no lines! today i tried to hook it up strait from wall bypass cable box, no luck, i tried pluging the set at the other end of house, still no luck? check this out! what it says!
http://www.partstore.com/Part/Samsung/Samsung/BP9500142E/New.aspx
I put in this part http://www.partstore.com/Part/Samsung/Samsung/BP9400155A/New.aspx
Do you think there could be a differance, they are both for this tv?
Do you think that could be the problem? the reason i chose this board is because I replaced #bp41-ooo452p PCB-CG AMP

cuda
No,I'd say your board is ok

No,I'd say your board is ok
what's your menu look like, distorted or ok.
does this set have PIP if so check that for distortion.
all channels have this distortion? video inputs distorted?

shep113
Thanks Cuda, I'll check it

Thanks Cuda, I'll check it out and get back! I know video is distorted, and menu too! I'll have to check PIP

shep113
cuda said: No,I'd say your

cuda said: No,I'd say your board is ok what's your menu look like, distorted or ok. does this set have PIP if so check that for distortion. all channels have this distortion? video inputs distorted?

ok, heres my update, video has lines, pip has lines, the menu does not!

shep113
cuda, in case your wondering,

cuda, in case your wondering, the proscan module is on backorder,I orderd it a week & half ago and havent got it yet!

shep113
shep113 said: cuda, in case

shep113 said: cuda, in case your wondering, the proscan module is on backorder,I orderd it a week & half ago and havent got it yet!

Part store .com said they cant get the part, and samsung said its no longer available!  does anyone know were i can send this part to get it fixed?

Connect With Techlore