Mitsubishi WT-46807 IC Issue

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
jleg
Mitsubishi WT-46807 IC Issue

Ok, I just spent most of the day soldering in 2 new IC's, STK392-570 into my set.  It solved the "bow" effect, but the pic is still out of register.  I reset to default convergence settings.  Still bad.  I tiried advanced settings but couldn't get the horizontal lines to move.  What's up with this.  I still have easy access to the board so is there anything else I need to replace?  BTW, I got the IC's from ACME Enterprises. www.acme-sales.net. 

Jleg

slinteriors
Did you check the two pico

Did you check the two pico fuses F9A04 and F9A05, as usually those two picos 5amp will blow when the ICs go out.

jleg
No I didn't...do they look

No I didn't...do they look like fuses. There is one right next to where the power cord enters the back of the set. Is that one? Otherwise can you tell me where to look?

Thanks,
jleg

slinteriors
No they are solid green small

No they are solid green small like resistors but without any stripes they are located on the center board on the left side of that board close about two to three inches up from the edge closest to the rear cover and about 3 inches in from the left edge of that center board.

jleg
Thanks, i haven't figured out

Thanks, i haven't figured out how to attach an image to this except for the link below. Actually if you go to my initial forum thread you can see an image of the are you are talking about. I labeled the solid green fuses? 1 through 6. Which of these buggers are we talking about replacing? And how should I know if they need replacing?

http://www.techlore.com/gallery/23682/Gallery-Mitsubishi-WT-46807-IC-Iss...

jleg

slinteriors
Number 3 and 4 just check

Number 3 and 4 just check them with an ohms meter number 4 should show no resistance if open, number 3 may show a little if its open. the surest way is to just unsolder one side of them and lift it from circuit then check them.

jleg
Help Mr. Wizard! Okay, I

Help Mr. Wizard! Okay, I did as instructed...soldered in the 2 new IC's and replaced the 2 5AMP Pico fuses, put the board back in, turned it on and no luck on the color registration problem. Picture is okay in the middle but the RBG separates at the sides. I did the "reset to factory" in the advanced menu. Still no luck. Tried the manual option as well but the vertical lines don't move. I turned the set on and off a couple of times, and now the power won't stay on. About 1 to 2 secs after turning on, the power shuts off. What did I do to this thing?

Thanks, jleg

Connect With Techlore