Mitz 62525 green blinking light syndrome

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
wholetonemusic
Mitz 62525 green blinking light syndrome

Does anyone have the disassembly instructions and the service manual for the 62525?

After a power outage I have diagnosed my set with GBLS( green blinking light syndrome) The doc said it would be about 850.00 to cure. I think it may be a fuse because the outage left two of my guitar amps inoperable, I checked the fuses and they were fried. Any help with the manuals and instructions woill be much appreciated. [email protected]

Larry Dillon
I thought I sent these to you

I thought I sent these to you yesterday.

wholetonemusic
Thanks Larry,

Thanks Larry,
I replaced 1 swollen cap on power board and checked all the fuses, still not working, Would you recommend I test all the caps even though they are not swollen?

Best Regards,

Brian

Larry Dillon
I simply replace themand

I simply replace themand duble check all of the standby voltages. If you have all of the standby as well as the switched voltages. I'm afraid the DM is probably bad.

wholetonemusic
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

I was replacing the remaining caps on the DM board and found that one of the Koac 125v 4 amp fuses Part # z81a4 (i think it is ) was blown. Do you know if this is a fast or slow blow fuse? Do you know where I can get a replacement for this non standard fuse? What would be the best method for testing the standby voltages? My words cannot express my gratitude.

Best Regards
Brian

Larry Dillon
It is a fast blown and I get

It is a fast blown and I get them from Mouser or digikey electronics. I do not have a link but you can search it out.

wholetonemusic
Thank you Larry,

Thank you Larry,
I have one on order from digikey.
Are they heat sensitive? I had to desolder the blown one. I am concerend about overheating the fuse and breaking the connection. Do you have any tricks you use?

Thanks,
Brian

Larry Dillon
nope, just get as much solder

nope, just get as much solder off each side and use a pair of needle noise and lift up on it as you heat up on both sides heat one side and QUickly heat the other side one after the other it should come up.

wholetonemusic
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,
Yes, I have the old fuse off the board, Is there a trick to putting the new fuse on without damaging it?

Best Regards,
Brian

Larry Dillon
apply a little drop odf

apply a little drop odf solder to each end, thenhold it with needle nose pliers or tweesers and touch the ends with the soldering iron and let it flow. Then measure the fuse in circuit to make sure it is OK, make sure all the caps are in correctly also.

wholetonemusic
Thanks Larry, It came in a

Thanks Larry, It came in a fuse holder and I just soldered the fuse holder to the board because there was enough room and it made it easier to work with. I checked the fuse continuity and was good, however I forgot to check the continuity at the other side of the board for the solder bond. All the caps are installed with their polarity correct. I may not be able to install the hosing into the tv until next monday due to time crunch issues. I will let you know how it turns out.

Best Regards,
Brian

wholetonemusic
After wrestling the Shielded

After wrestling the Shielded housing together I feel like i'm getting closer. The Manuals have helped alot, I need to send you some $$ for the generosity.

Brian

Connect With Techlore