Mitsubishi WS-55909 green flashing light issue

236 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rob in Texas
Larry - I too have a Mits WS

Larry - I too have a Mits WS-65909 with the blinking green light problem. Just started a couple of days ago. A service technician just left my house and said the problem is the DM Module and E2P. My DM module has 4 different wiring connectors coming out of it. He said the one that can be repaired by replacing the capacitors only has one wiring conector coming out of it. Therefore, he said mine cannot be repaired by replacing the capacitors. Does this sound right to you?

Before it totally failed, I had a solid green screen and was able to get an error code of 12 via the blinking light. After resetting, unplugging, etc., I then got the continuous blinking green light. Called Mits Customer Service and the guy said I need to call them back with the exact part numbers for the DM Module and E2P. You would think they should have that information based on my model number. Regardless, the technician told me these parts are no longer available. He said Mits, in some cases, will give credit toward a new television because the replacement parts are no longer available. Gonna call Mits back this afternoon with the part numbers and see what they say. I think this is a crock considering the TV was $4,300 and is less than 7 years old. I have 20-year-old Sonys that still work.

Any suggestions or recommendations? It's too big for a boat anchor, at least for my boat anyway

golfguiedo
To anyone on this thread:

To anyone on this thread:
I started with a problem of the convergence (3D look) and took the time to get a replacement STK393-110 chip. While the PCB was removed, I measured all the resistors that someone said to check and they were all fine.

TV was working except for this issue and after 1.5 days being off (PCBA removed) I reinstalled it and the green light flashes, the power turns on for about 2 seconds, then turns off.

Could anyone advise to me the possible issues (amd I dealing with a short) or something else. I ahve checked the wiring several times, but nothing seems obvious.

My email is [email protected]

dlboggs
Hi Larry, I am not sure if I

Hi Larry, I am not sure if I have the blinking light problom, my WS-65909 will power on for a few seconds then shut-off, it never displays a picture nor do I get an error code on screen using the device-menu buttons. What I do get is the timer light that flashs twice three times turn goes away. When I reset the system or unplug it the timer light flash's repeately for a few minutes then stops. If what Rob is stating is accurate and parts are no longer available, then I probably have nothing to lose by trying to repair this myself, i.e, replacing the capacitors. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Larry Dillon
are you sure that is not one

are you sure that is not one flase a slight pause. than twice that is an error of 12 and that means no error detected

dlboggs
Larry, this morning I

Larry, this morning I attempted this again, When I attempt to power it on I get on flash, I them held the menu-device buttons for approx 6 seconds after which it flashs twice then a slight pause, does this ten times, then stops.

Thank you for your quick response.

Larry Dillon
The best advice I can tell

The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, click here please:
http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, All kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!!
Larry Dillon,

dlboggs
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I ordered some capacitors 1000uf 16v 105c (FM) and finally received them yesterday. I made the change today, went to power own still had the blinking light. Checked the fuses using a multi-meter they checked out OK, i.e., closed circuit - 0 using a digital multi-meter. My set is a WS-65909. None of the capacitors on the other boards look blown? Well neither did these. Any other suggestion?

mitsubishi ws65909
Same problem as listed green

Same problem as listed green flashing light after power outage no picture or sound.Will not power up.Please send information on repair kit and insrution if possible thank you Mike

Larry Dillon
The best advice I can tell

The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK IC'S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made IC'S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases GOOD LUCK!!!
Larry Dillon.
go here to get the correct parts http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry

einstein
Sheesh. Blinking green light

Sheesh. Blinking green light of death. Par for the course. Please send me the documents as well, Larry. Or anyone else in possession of the documents. Thanks. [email protected]

gerry 51
Larry...

Larry...
same problem with a WS-55909.. would much appreciate the info above re: green timer light blinking after power outage... thanks a million!!!

Breeze73
I am having the same

I am having the same situation, but have found the instructions on the net. Too many to email individually, so I'll post it here for you. I know this is a bit late (6 months or so) but it may help some one out.

http://www.jeremyburns.com/Mitsubishi-Green-Blinking-Light-Fix.pdf

It appears you can get the repair kit for $36.95 USD.

http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/product.php?productid=21991&cat=2659&p...

Anthony

sadysak
I have the same issue i

I have the same issue i replaced all the 7 caps and still get the same green blinking light may i please get the in to fix my ws-55909 at [email protected] thanks shaun

sadysak
i have replaced all the 7

i have replaced all the 7 power caps and still get the green light of death may i get the info on a ws-55909 mitsu tv at [email protected]

onewayup
Please send me the fix for

Please send me the fix for the continuous green flashing power light on the Mitsubishi WS55711 tv. Thanks.

Michael Furlough
Our mitsubishi ws-55909 just

Our mitsubishi ws-55909 just got the flashing light problem. If you are still e-mailing out manuals and wiring diagram that would be appreciated. [email protected]

julian
Hi Larry.,i have a ws55909

Hi Larry.,i have a ws55909 with green blinking light can you send me repair directions thanks.

GenePru
I have a WD 62527 with a

I have a WD 62527 with a continuous blinking green light. When plugged in it will blink for a minute or two and then shut itself off. Do these different models have the same problem and fix?

Please help.

Genepru
[email protected]

tzq42
Hi Larry, I have the same

Hi Larry, I have the same problem on the ws-55909. [email protected]
Thanks

Johnny Mac
Hi Guys: 55711 with blinking

Hi Guys: 55711 with blinking green that won't go out. We were watching a DVD when we had a power failure. When the power came back on an hour or so later, the light was blinking. We've had this TV since Dec. 2001 with zero problems, but only use it half the normal time, so it's not like the typical 8 years of use. Nothing turns the light out, unplugging, reset, holding power and menu simultaneaously, unplugging for 5 minutes, etc. No sound when doing any of those things above. Did not see any comments on this same model number, but i have not checked all posts either. Assuming it's similar to most others. Would appreciate any specific information to this model number, to include instructions, etc. Sincerely, RTC

JC Morris
Larry, I have a ws-55909 and

Larry, I have a ws-55909 and just got the blinking green light problem after a thunderstorm. Can you please send the repair instructions? Thanks. [email protected]

Rlee584
Larry,

Larry,

Can you please e/mail me the repair instructions for my WD-52525 with the blinking green light problem. Also, I need to know where I can purchase the repair kit for all of the boards

my e/mail: [email protected]

Thanx
Roger

sadysak
Please help!

Please help!

I have replaced all 7 power caps and my tv wd-55909 and i still have the green blinking light of death! Did anyone find out how to fix there TV from the green light of death? please help Larry or anyone please

Korn Dawg
Larry i have a Mitsubishi

Larry i have a Mitsubishi Model#WS-55909 with the same problem. green blinking light and nothing else works. I sure could use some help.
Dave
[email protected]
Thank you so much

Korn Dawg
Larry

Larry
i have a Mitsubishi Model#WS-55909 with the same problem. green blinking light and nothing else works. I sure could use some help.
Dave
[email protected]
Thank you so much

Korn Dawg
I need help. have the green

I need help. have the green light flash nothing else
Dave
[email protected]

Korn Dawg
I have just experienced the

I have just experienced the same problem. HELP! Mitsubishi WS-55909 green light flashing is only thing going on. What do i do
Dave
[email protected]

John_B
I had the blinking green LED

I had the blinking green LED problem on a WS-55859 about 6 months ago and replaced the caps on the DM board which corrected the problem. About 2 weeks ago the convergence amplifier went bad (Red - top half of screen). I replaced the amp and then I got the blink green LED again, but different than before.

The LED blinks for 55 seconds of so and then goes out. I press the power button on the panel or remote and nothing happens. After 35 seconds the sequence repeats. While I was troubleshooting this problem everything started to work normally. Great picture after completing all of the convergence adjustments.

I left the TV unplugged in my workshop for several days and the problem is back. LED blinks for 55 seconds and goes out. Pressing power button on panel or remote does nothing. After 35 seconds the sequence starts all over again.

Has anyone see a problem like this? Is there a known cause?

Thank you,
John B

sadysak
No one would help me so i got

No one would help me so i got a new tv it bigger better and cheaper and i like it alot. HDMI baby!

gmwtlw
I am experiencing the same

I am experiencing the same problem. Can you please email me the documents? Thanks so much!!!!!! [email protected]

Pages

Connect With Techlore