sony xbr sxrd 60" 4 blink error

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
rob m
sony xbr sxrd 60" 4 blink error

Hi, I have a Sony 60" XBR SXRD LCD TV MODEL KDS-R60XBR1 bought in jan. 2006 that has just died.  The power/standby led flashes red 4 times.    Is this a V STOP problem or are there newer codes? Any help, manuals or advice on what to look for would be great .  Thanks, Rob.    

zapdbf
These TV’s are completely

These TV’s are completely different, you have a fan error, one of your fans either are not spinning at all or one of them is slow. I would order both fans, they are cheap. Even if you fix the problem by cleaning the fan, I have found that the fan will eventually fail, so replacement is easy and more permanent.

here are the part numbers.

8-835-860-11

1-787-333-11

rob m
zapdbf said: These TV’s are

zapdbf said: These TV’s are completely different, you have a fan error, one of your fans either are not spinning at all or one of them is slow. I would order both fans, they are cheap. Even if you fix the problem by cleaning the fan, I have found that the fan will eventually fail, so replacement is easy and more permanent. here are the part numbers. 8-835-860-11 1-787-333-11

zapdbf,thanks for the info.  I cleaned the whole tv and the fans too. It is ok for now but I will replace the fans. Thanks for including the part #'s.    Thanks again, Rob.

frankie the tool
I have same issue and have

I have same issue and have been spraying both fans for 2 years. It is getting old. Can you get to the fans easy for a do it yourself or is a technician needed? If you remove the casing does the fan come out from the front?
Thank you,
Frank

Waas
I also have the 4 blink error

I also have the 4 blink error code. Both fans seemed to be running slow, so
I replaced them both. The fans still turn slow, and the voltage under load
is 5.7 volts. Should I have 12 volts? Any help is appreciated.

vedderwt
Hey, did the fan solve the

Hey, did the fan solve the problem????

I replaced the lamp 5 months ago.

week ago, tv shut off, now when I turn it on, the standby is green for a few seconds, then it blinks red 4 times--the tv never turns on.

I've read so many different things! Even about a class action suit that replaced stuff but only till past june 09.

Anyway, anyone???????

Waas
Sounds like I have the same

Sounds like I have the same problem. It seems to be a fan issue. Mine were running slow, so I replaced them. They are still slow, and are only getting
5.7 to 6.3 vdc. It looks like its a nightmare w/o a schematic, so I'm in limbo...

Waas
Success! There is a sqirrel

Success! There is a sqirrel cage behind the large rear fan, behind the lamp
power supply. Mine was locked up. I gave it a bump and it spun up. I'm
running the compressor right now so I can blow it. I'll keep you posted...
It appears that the fans run at low speed for normal altitude and high speed
for high altitude.

vedderwt
I never even noticed a fan,

I never even noticed a fan, guess cuze I'm a chick..... but, really I don't hear anything-there is dead silence. Several people have said this is the problem. BUT still have difficulties.

I have a 3 year after warranty warranty, but of course I can't find my receipt......

Waas
Should have used lo pressure.

Should have used lo pressure. I blew half of the vanes out of the cage, so its
got be replaced anyway...

Thedbarz
I have the identical problem

I have the identical problem as discribed above.  I see the squirrel cage and mine is clogged with dust in all of the vanes.  How can I disassmble the unit to get to it?

Thanks,

Waas
First try to see if the fan

First try to see if the fan spins. It should spin up at power on. If it does,
the problem is somewhere else. If it doesn't, try to give it a push with a
wood skewer. If it then spins up, I would use low pressure air to clean it,
and not bother with diassembly. Then, once the set turns on, set the high altitude option to on so the fans run at high speed. If the fan is dead, or
you feel like punishing yourself...
Remove the lower rear cover and the large rear fan. From there I think the rear fan housing, lamp power supply and a rear brace come out, but not necessarily in that order (its been a while). Then remove the screws (2?)
securing the blower housing. There might also be a plastic tab holding the housing in. Good luck. Let me know if you need a fan...

Waas

Meg F
Hi

Hi

I have the same TV KDS r60xbr1, I have taken out the large fan and cleaned it, just wanted to make sure I am putting it back with correct side facing outward. The fan blades are curved inwards or outwards when the fan is in correct direction does anyone know? Sorry did not make a note of it before removing the fan

angelitatica
My tv was having this same

My tv was having this same problem (4X red blinking lights). I came across this forum and tried the suggestions for cleaning the fans! Took a compressed gas duster to the back of the tv, inside and out and VOILA!! The tv is working!! Saved me tons of money!!! I'm a girl and I did this all bymysef!!! Try this!!

Matt12
My standby light is red and

My standby light is red and blinking 5 times. It turns green when I hit the power button but will not turn on. Does anyone have any Idea what this means. Thanks

Waas
Now go into setup and enable

Now go into setup and enable the high altitude setting. This will decrease the chances of the fan stalling at startup.

Waas
The 5 blink error seems to be

The 5 blink error seems to be a lamp or lamp power supply issue. Try inspecting/replacing the lamp.

jwarsement
Where do you order the fans

Where do you order the fans for the SXRD 60??

jwarsement
Where do you order the fans

Where do you order the fans for the SXRD 60??

brianks
how to replace Sony 60" XBR

how to replace Sony 60" XBR SXRD LCD TV MODEL KDS-R60XBR1 , Airflow in and out? direction of fans needed

ndsk
My tv has a green light then

My tv has a green light then it blinks 3 times. I replaced the bulb and it worked for 3 days now its doing the same thing again. Any suggestions?

Connect With Techlore