Mitsubshi DLP issue

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
tpseller
Mitsubshi DLP issue

I have a 3 year old 61" DLP Mitsubishi Diamond TV.  The last few months I have wavy lines  that appear to the eye to be moving upward.  When I purchased this set from Good Guys  the bought the extended warranty, "unfortunately" through Good Guys.  They were assumed by Comp USA.  Who do I go to now?   What is or could be the issue with the wavy lines?  I have put in DVD's and I get the same problem, therefore I have concluded it is not the cable service.  HELP PLEASE

MOtvGuy
What model is the set?

What model is the set?

Without really seeing the symptom it would be difficult to diagnose.  You could have some sort of power supply filtering problem.  

Larry Dillon
I have seen bad capacitors In

I have seen bad capacitors In the DM cause this symptom, but like MOtvGuy said, without a model number it is a hard call.

tpseller
the model # of my Mitsubishi

the model # of my Mitsubishi is WD62825  Manufactured 12/04. Thanks for trying to help.

Larry Dillon
Yes, this model number could

Yes, this model number could have bad capacitors in the DM module. If you can solder and are handy, you could possibly save yourself about 800 to 1000 bucks. I can send you directions on how to do this if you wish. If you are not handy, I would highly advise against you even attempting this repair.

tpseller
Thanks, I am far from handy

Thanks, I am far from handy or mechanical, therefore I will need an outsider to repair what ever issue there is.  I live in San Diego.  How can I find an honest and reliable service company that I can trust?  Do you have any suggestions?

Larry Dillon
Call Mitsubishi, they will

Call Mitsubishi, they will hook you up with an authorized Mitsubishi repair shop.

Guest (not verified)
I also have a 62825 and have

I also have a 62825 and have been reading the threads about bad capacitors.  At first, the amber "lamp" light came on, but I have not switched the lamp out yet.  There has been no problem with the picture.  Then last week, the green "timer" light started blinking and the tv would not power on.  I have unplugged the tv, hit the reset button, all the tricks, but no power.  The only things that seem to work when I plug it in are the TV fan and the blinking green light.  If the lamp is burned out, could it cause all of this?  If not, and you think it may be the caps or the DM board, could you send your "famous" instructions/schematics my way to [email protected]?  Thanks!

Larry Dillon
P@trick, you might have two

P@trick, you might have two different problems in your TV set. First check the capacitors inside the DM board. Then check all of the standby and switched voltages in the main power supply. You might have a bad lamp and or ballast. If you contact ptscorp.com, get their phone number. Call them and see if this is the model that they will overhaul for 375 bucks. That would not include the bulb or any light engine problem. That would be only the complete electrical chassis. Good Luck

Connect With Techlore