Mitsubishi WS55513

204 posts / 0 new
Last post
DLWilson
Sounds like I have the same

Sounds like I have the same problem here... or at least my friend who's in Iraq family does. Since I'm looking at it for them I'd appreciate being added to the list of "please send me the repair procedure" as well. I'd appreciate it and I know they would as well. Than you in advance!
Dean
deanwilson"take this out this replace with @"sprintmail.com

David55
Well, I have the blinking

Well, I have the blinking light on a WS55513 also. Sounds like cap replacement is a good place to start. Could you please send instructions.
Thanks, David55 [email protected]

alicia
Could you also send me the

Could you also send me the instructions on how to replace the caps and also where to buy the caps? Thank you.

alicia
Could I also be sent the cap

Could I also be sent the cap replacement instructions? Where would I buy the caps? [email protected] Thanks

kaferkid
I also have the blinking

I also have the blinking green light on my WS55513. If you could send me the instructions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

[email protected]

Cheryl E
Hi Larry, I too have a model

Hi Larry, I too have a model #WS 55513, and it has developed the green blinking light problem. Would you please send me the info to try and fix it?
[email protected].
Thanks,
Cheryl

Matt Larson
I have a WS-55513 with the

I have a WS-55513 with the same blinking light problem. Could I get the documents when you get a chance? Thanks for your assistance!

Uncle Chase
Hi I hope that you're still

Hi I hope that you're still sending these out, for I too have the same problem with the flashing lights..model number WS-55513. If you would be so kind and send me the repair documents that would be great.

[email protected]

Thank You.

Uncle Chase
here is the manual to fix

here is the manual to fix these problems.....

pdf: http://www.chrisandnat.com/temp/BlinkingTV.pdf

Ken1000
This fix solved my blinking

This fix solved my blinking green light problem. I replaced the 4 capacitors with 1000mf/35V ones from Radio Shack. It took about 3 hours, but we're up and running. The instructions were accurate. Thanks all.

Larry Dillon
if you used the radio shack

if you used the radio shack capacitors, your DM board will be toast in about two month or so, they ARE NOT the high temp caps you need!, do yourself a big favor and replace them with the riht high temp caps. it is for your own good, unlss you have a 1000 bucks in a few months to spare. you can find the right caps here http://www.mouser.com/search/refine.aspx?Ntt=140-HTRL16V1000-RC%09

PVP4U
Hello Larry, I too am having

Hello Larry, I too am having this problem with my ws 55513, it started this afternoon. I would greatly appreciate it if I could get the fixing documents mentioned. [email protected] thank you in advance..
charles

Racer96m
Larry, hope you still read

Larry, hope you still read this forum, I to have the same problems with blinking light on the WS-55513. If you or anyone still has the repair docs avail, I would love to get a copy. Thanks in advance. [email protected]

jroth007
It must be in the air.. I now

It must be in the air.. I now officially have the much talked about blinking reset light problem. I have a WS55513 Model. Could you please send me the instructions for replacing the CAPS? Please send to: [email protected]

Thank you

packerfan321
Larry, can you please send

Larry, can you please send the repair documents to [email protected] I am also having these same problems.

Racer96m
Hey, just a big thanks to

Hey, just a big thanks to everyone. My TV now works!!! I used this link for the instructions, : http://www.chrisandnat.com/temp/BlinkingTV.pdf They are great! And I mail ordered the Caps from http://www.mouser.com/search/refine.aspx?Ntt=140-HTRL16V1000-RC%09 The Caps cost .25 each and I had them in 2 days! Shipping was 10.00 UPS Ground. So for 12.00 I'm up and running. Very easy to do. Took me less than an hour. Good luck everyone.

Larry Dillon
you should NOT use the Radio

you should NOT use the Radio Shack capacitors as that article suggest as they are not the higher temp. type!!!!

Ken1000
Update:

Update:

First off, a big thanks to Larry and his contributions to us DIYerÂ’s.

Back on 9/23/08, I replaced the 4 caps with RS 1000uF/35V/?C and it solved the “green blinking light” problem. Larry pointed out these caps don’t meet the 105C high temperature requirement and would eventually the damage board.

I replaced those caps with 1000uF/16V/105C caps from Mouser and blinking “green blinking light” came back.

I replaced those caps again with 1000uF/25V/105C variety and weÂ’re back up and running.

IÂ’m not sure why the caps from Mouser didnÂ’t work: bad soldier job, bad caps, or higher internal voltage spikes, but I would use caps with a higher breakdown voltage of 25V or 35V. Although bigger, they do fit. IÂ’ll keep the forum updated on the reliability of this fix. Again, thanks to Larry.

tz
Larry,

Larry,
i too am experiencing the dreaded blinking green led. i have a WS-55513. please when you have a moment send the repair docs to [email protected]

Thanks in advance Larry!

Ken S.
It looks like I am another in

It looks like I am another in a long line of owners of the Mitsubishi ws55513 with a contantly flashing green light. I would greatly appreciate it if you would send me the repair documents that you have sent to the others with the same problem. Thank you.

[email protected]

distantghost
Hi, I am having the same

Hi, I am having the same problem now with my TV. Can you send me the information too? I would love to watch my TV again. Thanks [email protected]

ericb350
Larry, can you please send

Larry, can you please send the repair documents to [email protected] I have a WS55513 and have the green blinking lights. Thanks in Advance.

Eric

Lou G
Ken,

Ken,
Can you send me the instructions for the green light fix for the ws 55513. [email protected] thank you for your help it is mst appreciated.

kimba
I also have this blinking

I also have this blinking light problem.... would be great to have the repair instructions sent to:

[email protected]

Thank you very much!

-John

Leif
Larry, other than re-checking

Larry, other than re-checking the connections is there another likely cause to having bad(really bad) blue convergence after doing the cap repair? I'm guessing I messed something up while I was in there. If there is any info you could send I would appreciate it.

I've read some more about it and I may need info on the convergence IC fix and maybe a service manual?

WS-55513

[email protected]

Thanks.

micmouse10
Can you please send me the

Can you please send me the manual?? We have the blinking light too. Is that the only that fixes this problem?

[email protected]

thanks, Kim

micmouse10
I followed the .pdf that was

I followed the .pdf that was online.. the one with the pictures.. I got the case out and there was black oily goo.. Is that normal??

micmouse10
It seemed like it was only to

It seemed like it was only to secure the box to the board? Does that sound right? It was only on the perimeter of the bottom of the box. When I say box, I mean the case holding the circuit board.

Larry Dillon
oh yea, good guess, try and

oh yea, good guess, try and clean off as much as you can .

micmouse10
one more question.. when you

one more question.. when you put in the capacitors, do you have to link the silver dot next to it with solder? or just solder the end where the capacitors prong is?

Pages

Connect With Techlore